• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Tenbatsu

281u51c.jpg
xng0tt.jpg
35i7w9l.jpg
aequ09.jpg
n6udfk.jpg
2iik2up.jpg
2dvo4uu.jpg
zwjgcj.jpg
2cnyv0z.jpg
2ch6l4z.jpg
2pzcjtd.jpg
20krdkp.jpg
o7lzys.jpg
33nksg0.jpg
dm5hl0.jpg
59zu4z.jpg
2vrv5hk.jpg
2d8rwc1.jpg
51ugao.jpg
noy2ko.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder if Capcom is going to use this engine for future products besides Monster Hunter. It looks amazing.

Dascu

schuelma said:
I wonder if Capcom is going to use this engine for future products besides Monster Hunter. It looks amazing.
Nintendo should contract them to do a Zelda spin-off using this engine.

Spiegel

schuelma said:

More Monster Hunter games? Sure
Other games? I don't know if it would be a good fit.

The world in Monster Hunter games is divided in - not so large - sections with a loading screen between each one of them.
That's one of the secrets about why it looks that good.

ZeroAX

CoolS said:
Seriously, how big is this game gonna be in Japan? The hype Capcom is trying to build seems MASSIVE to me.

The MH series is huge in Japan. The PSP games have all sold really well.

Tytree

Neo Member
Is anyone else going to have some difficulties playing the underwater stages just because they too have a fear of the deep ocean and freaky underwater monster crap?

Played the demo yesterday, loved the mannerisms of the "three-star difficulty" boss-- hopping from side to side, whooping to draw out other monsters. That sort of stuff is neat. A little too samey, on the other hand, but it's expected. A little sad that they didn't showcase any either of the new weapon types.

Tenbatsu

Tytree said:
Is anyone else going to have some difficulties playing the underwater stages just because they too have a fear of the deep ocean and freaky underwater monster crap?

Played the demo yesterday, loved the mannerisms of the "three-star difficulty" boss-- hopping from side to side, whooping to draw out other monsters. That sort of stuff is neat. A little too samey, on the other hand, but it's expected. A little sad that they didn't showcase any of the new weapon types.
Actually there is only 1 new weapon type. All weapons controls here:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/weapon1.html

Capcom nailed it with the new stuff added to the old weapons, somehow it make them more 'complete'. Eg. Lance can do a dash while guarding/Counters like in SF, Release point in Great Sword Charge etc etc.

Tytree

Neo Member
Tenbatsu said:
Actually there is only 1 new weapon type. All weapons controls here:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/weapon1.html

Capcom nailed it with the new stuff added to the old weapons, somehow it make them more 'complete'. Eg. Lance can do a dash while guarding/Counters like in SF, Release point in Great Sword Charge etc etc.
Eh? There's Axe and Medium Bowgun. They danced around both in the demo, which is what saddened me.

EDIT: Looking at my post again, "any" was a poor word choice.

Tenbatsu

Tytree said:
Eh? There's Axe and Medium Bowgun. They danced around both in the demo, which is what saddened me.
From a business point of view, I think it is not wise to include too much new stuff in a demo disc....

Tytree

Neo Member
kassatsu said:
Is it really fair to compare a PSP game to a Wii game?
Graphically, no, but I don't see why it can't be critiqued from a gameplay perspective. Though, admittedly, that's done better through hands-on experience.

Tenbatsu said:
From a business point of view, I think it is not wise to include too much new stuff in a demo disc....
True, but to be fair, there wasn't much that was truly new in the demo. I didn't notice too much change as far as the attack combos go, and the locations and monsters were the only stark differences showcased in the demo.

The axe looks like great fun, so I would've very much like to've fiddled with it. Certainly not giving too much away.

Tenbatsu

Tytree said:
True, but to be fair, there wasn't much that was truly new in the demo. I didn't notice too much change as far as the attack combos go, and the locations and monsters were the only stark differences showcased in the demo.
Huh? Nothing much new for attack combo? Release point for Great Sword 3 hit combo? Hammer's moves are chainable now? Small Sword shield attack? Side dodge for Light bowgun? Bullets that chop off tails? All weapons can stun monsters now? No?

Tytree

Neo Member
Tenbatsu said:
Huh? Nothing much new for attack combo? Release point for Great Sword 3 hit combo? Hammer's moves are chainable now? Small Sword shield attack? Side dodge for Light bowgun? Bullets that chop off tails? All weapons can stun monsters now? No?
If you're seriously listing most of these as a stark contrasts, then I'm honestly at a loss for words.

I'm not saying it's not there nor am I saying it's not important. I'm saying these things are not really demonstrating much to the player besides "hey! check out the little tweaks we made!" While certainly welcome, it's not showing off the big stuff that's going to be in it. A small sampling would not have given away too much.

Tenbatsu

Tytree said:
If you're seriously listing release points as a stark contrast, then I'm honestly at a loss for words.

I'm not saying it's not there nor am I saying it's not important. I'm saying these things are not really demonstrating much to the player besides "hey! check out the little tweaks we made!" While certainly welcome, it's not showing off the big stuff that's going to be in it. A small sampling would not have given away too much.
I am only referring to your 'I didn't notice too much change as far as the attack combos go ' part. Haha, actually I find that the little tweaks make a HUGE difference in the overall gameplay:lol
Anw from the interview above, they said they are leaving out the big hunt for the final game.

I got to play the demo last weekend!

Wow what an awesome game this is going to be. Being raised on MHF2 on PSP, seeing monster hunter on my big screen with some very nice effects looked awesome. Everything just seems more fierce now if that makes any sense.

Cofession time: the only weapons I know how to use from MHF2 were Duals, Great S and Long S. I've never tried to use anything else. I knew Duals were gone but no Long S in the demo made me sad as it's my favorite weapon type. So all I tried in the demo was Great Sword.

Wii Remote controls work great. Of course it took a bit to get the hang of because the PSP controls are so ingrained in my head. Once I got the hang of it I was pulling off moves just like I could on PSP. This demo has just confirmed for me the notion of "classic controller ONLY!" is something only elistist/purists will say much like Smash Bros Brawls "GC pad ONLY!" crowd. The only thing I'm hoping for is an option to turn off draw-weapon on shake. Not that I ever accedently did it while playing but I wouldn't ever want it to become an issue.

I did take a little pride in the fact that I was able to do both the missions first try. Guess I've improved a little bit :) I was trying to get Rathian to spawn but had no luck.

The game is just amazing. After trying the demo I am absolutley sure I will buy it full price at launch, regardless of if Capcom charges for online in the states. This game would satify me playing single player alone.

Skorp

Neo Member
I really gotta stop frequenting gaf so often. It just makes the wait for this and LKS that much harder to bear. I don't think I've ever been happier to own a wii.

markatisu

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Wii Remote controls work great. Of course it took a bit to get the hang of because the PSP controls are so ingrained in my head. Once I got the hang of it I was pulling off moves just like I could on PSP. This demo has just confirmed for me the notion of "classic controller ONLY!" is something only elistist/purists will say much like Smash Bros Brawls "GC pad ONLY!" crowd. The only thing I'm hoping for is an option to turn off draw-weapon on shake. Not that I ever accedently did it while playing but I wouldn't ever want it to become an issue.

You should play it with the Classic Controller and the PSP scheme (where its the PSP layout but the 2nd stick is the camera), its a dream

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
MH Tri will be playable at the german gamecom fair next month. I guess thats the first time where we`ll see a localized version - awesome !!!

Klyka

Banned
Sigh,I look at those screens and think "this looks really great...for a Wii game" and then I imagine how much more amazing it would look on 360/PS3.

And I cry a little.

Still, MH's usual great art direction saves the graphics again.

sdizzy

Klyka said:
Sigh,I look at those screens and think "this looks really great...for a Wii game" and then I imagine how much more amazing it would look on 360/PS3.

And I cry a little.

Blame Sony that it's on Wii, and even luckier this wasn't put on a portable. Monster Hunter 4 could still end up on PS3 when game costs come down, but right now I think Capcom made the right decision.

Gattsu25

Banned
Klyka said:

And I cry a little.
It's a shame you feel that way, though I'm glad that you're a fan of the art direction. MH games have always looked amazing due to the solid art direction and awesome animation these games employ. Not a shocker that MH3 looks fucking amazing, IMO.

Klyka

Banned
Oh I love the graphics, I always did.

I also really love MHF2's and MHFU's graphics on the PSP,they are superb!
It's just that sometimes,I see like a video or screenshots of different games with huge monsters on 360/PS3 and I imagine Capcom making MH like this.

For example, Lost Planet 2. It has a 4 player co-op. You fight GIANT monsters. And the game looks really good.

Now imagine MH like that. Imagine the MH monsters,with all their great art/imaginative design/great animations, in that engine.
It would be bliss.

So I'm not saying "this looks bad" it doesn't,it looks amazing. For a Wii game.
Because no matter what you say, the game could look better on 360/PS3. There's no denying that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Tytree said:
Hell yes. That new angler fish thing is gonna make me download in my pants.

I can't even handle the giant eel in Mario 64! MH is the game where you conquer your fears...

Tytree said:

*raises hand*

I know i'll be ok most of the time but the second some huge monster swims up and opens its huge maw of a mouth i'm going to freeze up. Shit like that scares me half to death.

Top Bottom