• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

markatisu said:
But GAF told me nobody who played the PSP was going to get the Wii version, they would just wait for MHP3G

That is hilarious though, they must be real die hard :lol

Some of them are insane. I have a guild card from a guy who has EVERYTHING and each weapon has over 700kills recorded for each, bow guns at something like 1500 aswell as all the trainings/ gold crowns for length etc :lol

CTLance

Jangaroo said:
If the helper is anything like the Felyne's in MHFU, the helpers can get knocked out when they run out of HP, but will eventually get back into the fray after a certain period of time.
That does make the game way easier IMHO.

Gives you time to run away and heal, lets you mine or hunt bugs with enemies close to you, draws aggro to allow you to attack from behind, ... and spams you with perpetual canned comments of doom. Or at least that's what I think happened in the video. Noisy little bugger, that.

king zell

are you guys posting the lines pics here or somewhere else?

PF88MW5793VOP5C6IU1ulqX1Nsb1hjwC.jpg

TIO38YFNJ1n1Sej829G71S7144GsWO2j.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1226350_1124.html

MotherFan

semiregular said:
Basically they said the wii isn't exactly being known for great graphics, and they understand graphics plays a very important part in a MH player's experience, and a lot of people were doubting how MH would look on a wii. So they had to go the extra mile and tried very very hard. Their goal was to make MH3 to be the best looking game on wii.

Iwata then went on and told them the designers in nintendo were stimulated by how MH3 looks and especially the zelda team were under immense pressure.

The wii-mote part was quite funny. It started with Fujioka saying good things about the wii-mote, and then Iwata told him just be honest about it, so he said 'to start off, buttons...' and Iwata finished off his sentence with 'not enough of them' :lol

Tsujimoto then said they considered using motion control, but at last decided against it because hardcore MH players would spend a really lengthy time playing, and motion control would simply be too tiring.

They finished off mapping the controls just before TGS last year, they almost couldn't make it to the show. They have good response for the wii-mote control and Tsujimote's favourite comment was "I'm relieved"

And halfway though the development for the wii-mote, Nintendo suggested to sell the game with the new classic controller pro, and this is a first for Nintendo to collaborate with a third party for the development of a hardware. Even within Nintendo there were people asking 'are you really going to ask a third party about that?', but Iwata wanted previous MH players to enjoy the game without worrying.

Fujioka said he was thinking 'is it fine that we are deciding this?', like where to put the analog stick, and he said he had a great time doing all these.

There's still a lot more in the interview, but since neither japanese nor english is my first language, I'll leave it to somebody else to translate them :p

great info thanks for translating! I like how Iwata was having them be honest about what the opinions..this is one of the really good things about the columns. Also interesting that Nintendo approached them for the new controller.

semiregular said:
Tsujimoto then said they considered using motion control, but at last decided against it because hardcore MH players would spend a really lengthy time playing, and motion control would simply be too tiring.

I can breathe now.

The wait for 2010 is going to suck hard but man, playing MH on a television screen as opposed to a portable is going to be so, SO nice.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
bigdaddygamebot said:
I can breathe now.

The wait for 2010 is going to suck hard but man, playing MH on a television screen as opposed to a portable is going to be so, SO nice.

Not having to resort to using the Claw makes me even giddier! Finally, analog camera control :D

Jangaroo said:
Not having to resort to using the Claw makes me even giddier! Finally, analog camera control :D

This is what ultimately led to me stop playing MH for the past little while. I LOVE the game, and I love being able to take it with me, but the camera system was really lacking.

semiregular

Neo Member
farnham said:
uh isnt the first hardware collaboration with a third party wii motion plus and tigerwoods/grandslam..?

I'm not an expert on this, but I don't think EA was involved in the design of motion plus?

markatisu

farnham said:
uh isnt the first hardware collaboration with a third party wii motion plus and tigerwoods/grandslam..?

Not really, that was a limited edition bundle. What Iwata is talking about here is they let the MH developers design the entire controller (button placement, etc).

M+ was still M+, they just helped EA utilize it. The CC Pro is the MH team saying this needs to go here and do that.

This is what ultimately led to me stop playing MH for the past little while. I LOVE the game, and I love being able to take it with me, but the camera system was really lacking.

The camera system in MH3 is awesome with the 2nd stick, though you can use the claw if you really want to feel nostalgic because it still works that way (meaning the d-pad is not disabled from being a camera when you opt for the analog stick camera)

Look what I picked up on my lunch break today...

2009julypickups09.JPG

I took a peek at the black plastic of the Wii-mote and holy shit is it the shiniest and cleanest looking black I've seen in a video game peripheral. This stuff is quality. Anyway, totally stoked about heading back home after work and playing this sucker to death. :D

Iwata then went on and told them the designers in nintendo were stimulated by how MH3 looks and especially the zelda team were under immense pressure.

Fuck yeah. Capgod strikes again.

markatisu said:
The camera system in MH3 is awesome with the 2nd stick, though you can use the claw if you really want to feel nostalgic because it still works that way (meaning the d-pad is not disabled from being a camera when you opt for the analog stick camera)

I'm sure it'll control better that way, with the second analogue stick. I just prefer playing the game in a portable fashion... so it makes it difficult to decide whether to get it for Wii.

MotherFan said:
How are people getting this early?
My import store always gets big releases earlier than street date in Japan. :D There were a couple MH3 Wii packages left when I came by, but they're all probably spoken for as of now.

semiregular

Neo Member
donkey show said:
I took a peek at the black plastic of the Wii-mote and holy shit is it the shiniest and cleanest looking black I've seen in a video game peripheral. This stuff is quality. Anyway, totally stoked about heading back home after work and playing this sucker to death. :D

Behold the special nintendo black plastic :lol :lol

Time, please pass faster, I need to pick this up tomorrowa few hours later...

I'm going to say... WTF?

Monster Hunter 3 does look good, but no where near as good technically compared to Galaxy. The game has some nice light maps and shadow maps with bloom and that's about it. The water still look bargain basement PS2 stuff. The only shadows in the game are pre-baked. The monsters and characters don't have shadows. Twilight Princess and hell, Resident Evil 4 has better looking water than MH3. There aren't any bump maps used in the game.

Probably could have been done on Gamecube. I'm not saying it's not good looking, I just don't see how they can be nervous about a game from Capcom that doesn't even surpass Mario Galaxy's technical and artistic prowess. Darkside Chronicles I can see being a threat. Come to think of it, a few of the recent Wii games trounces MH3. Silent Hill right off the top of my head.

Vinci

Danish
Cow Mengde said:
I'm going to say... WTF?

Monster Hunter 3 does look good, but no where near as good technically compared to Galaxy. The game has some nice light maps and shadow maps with bloom and that's about it. The water still look bargain basement PS2 stuff. The only shadows in the game are pre-baked. The monsters and characters don't have shadows. Twilight Princess and hell, Resident Evil 4 has better looking water than MH3. There are any bump maps used in the game.

Probably could have been done on Gamecube. I'm not saying it's not good looking, I just don't see how they can be nervous about a game from Capcom that doesn't even surpass Mario Galaxy's technical and artistic prowess.

You realize there's a strong possibility Iwata was simply being polite, right? It was his way of complimenting them for actually trying.

semiregular

Neo Member
Vinci said:
You realize there's a strong possibility Iwata was simply being polite, right? It was his way of complimenting them for actually trying.

Yep, this is what i thought when i was reading that too. This is kinda common for Japanese to compliment others by self-deprecating.

Or that could be the truth and the Zelda team was really going mad after seeing how well the graphics of MH3 is. :p

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Cow Mengde said:
I'm going to say... WTF?

Monster Hunter 3 does look good, but no where near as good technically compared to Galaxy. The game has some nice light maps and shadow maps with bloom and that's about it. The water still look bargain basement PS2 stuff. The only shadows in the game are pre-baked. The monsters and characters don't have shadows. Twilight Princess and hell, Resident Evil 4 has better looking water than MH3. There aren't any bump maps used in the game.

Probably could have been done on Gamecube. I'm not saying it's not good looking, I just don't see how they can be nervous about a game from Capcom that doesn't even surpass Mario Galaxy's technical and artistic prowess. Darkside Chronicles I can see being a threat. Come to think of it, a few of the recent Wii games trounces MH3. Silent Hill right off the top of my head.

Well from what I've seen of MH3, it looks like a fairly large improvement graphically over the two Monster Hunter games released on the PS2. Don't know if it'd be right to compare Silent Hill and Dark Side Chronicles since MH3 deals with fairly large environments interspersed with loading inbetween areas, large monsters (If you've never played Monster Hunter, check out Lao-Shan Lung), and what not. The games have always looked really nice, so I'm assuming it's just Iwata congratulating them for putting effort into a third party Wii title.

Dragona Akehi said:
I'm sure it'll control better that way, with the second analogue stick. I just prefer playing the game in a portable fashion... so it makes it difficult to decide whether to get it for Wii.

In my heart, the future will allow us to take our character from console to portable and vicey-versey, but being able to sit back and play it on a big screen...I'm soooo excited.

Nintendo's double Japan rape starts. I can't believe just two weeks after Dragon Quest IX hits, another one comes. I don't think launches like this ever happened before.

yankee666

I wish i could have a teletransporter, so i can go to japan buy the damn MH3 black wii combo and come back to my house and play it :lol :lol. well at least DQIX is kepping me busy at the moment so i can easily pass this MH3 hysteria.

Road

meme said:
From Adriasang
[IMG.]http://www.andriasang.com/ticker/3061223112/original.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG.]http://www.andriasang.com/ticker/3061280024/original.jpg[/IMG]

It started :D
It's ironic that in the Monster Hunter launch line everyone is playing with their DS's.

MH has definitely become FF and DQ like.

Busaiku

Does Monster Hunter have no female fans?

I know the Dragon Quest launch was mostly male fans, but you could see some women here and there.
I don't see any this time.

D-Pad

Kagari said:

Thanks for that, btw. Stayed up all night watching this and had a couple of laughs. There was this one part where the player obtained this huge sword and went to test it out. I guess they didn't like it because they decided it was better to kick the ant things to death (took about 20 or so kicks) rather than try to hit it with the sword. Later, the player switched back to the smaller blade. I was up well past two laughing loud, I'm sure I woke a couple of people up. :x Decided the game is a day one purchase for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
D-Pad said:
Thanks for that, btw. Stayed up all night watching this and had a couple of laughs. There was this one part where the player obtained this huge sword and went to test it out. I guess they didn't like it because they decided it was better to kick the ant things to death (took about 20 or so kicks) rather than try to hit it with the sword. Later, the player switched back to the smaller blade. I was up well past two laughing loud, I'm sure I woke a couple of people up. :x Decided the game is a day one purchase for me.

The dude playing is ridiculous :lol No pants...

Top Bottom