• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Vinci

Danish
Watching the live feed is only going to make the wait for this game unbearable. OMG, I want to play this. Starting to regret not importing it, but... I think being new to the series, I'd be frustrated by the Japanese too much to get into it properly.

EDIT, @ sprsk: How do you play with friends exactly? Is it based around your Wii Code or your character name or your Mii name... I don't get how it works.

Just picked up my copy on Monster Hunter 3 with the new Classic Controller pro in black, wow the black on the controller is the shinest black I've ever seen I've held it once and it's already full of finger prints.
2qjhxyc.jpg

I'll post some videos on gamersyde in a while.

DJmizuhara said:
Just picked up my copy on Monster Hunter 3 with the new Classic Controller pro in black, wow the black on the controller is the shinest black I've ever seen I've held it once and it's already full of finger prints.
Isn't it so fucking pretty? :D

The controller is by far one of the best ever, Nintendo or otherwise. It just fits the minute you touch it, seriously. I'm gonna post impressions and comparisons later on tonight. Aside from a lack of triggers, this is one damn fine controller.

Tenbatsu

Hmm...
29xaj9z.jpg

Play-Asia ya so kind!
2efqqrk.jpg

I got Ragiakurusu and Rathalos for the heads
11c9ul3.jpg

Yuhoo!
2zyk8sl.jpg

oohuY!
2u4japw.jpg

Unpacking the bundles takes time so i wont be posting images of them. Alright sayonara ppl!:D

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Tenbatsu said:
Hmm...
29xaj9z.jpg

Play-Asia ya so kind!
2efqqrk.jpg

I got Ragiakurusu and Rathalos for the heads
11c9ul3.jpg

Yuhoo!
2zyk8sl.jpg

oohuY!
2u4japw.jpg

Unpacking the bundles takes time so i wont be posting images of them. Alright sayonara ppl!:D

so jealous =/

been nice knowing you tenbatsu!!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Tenbatsu said:
Yuhoo!
2zyk8sl.jpg

oohuY!

TWO OF EM?! The boxes, they mezmerize.

Yeah the controller is pretty sweet...but I wish it was wireless like the wavebird and it had some sort of rumble built-in, the controller is SOOOO lite.
You can going hunting online?

Vinci

Danish
Okay, watching one of the feeds... Is there any way to turn off voices in the game? That girl at the store - or whatever it is - is annoying as all hell with her 'HI!'

yukonrye

DJmizuhara said:
Yeah the controller is pretty sweet...but I wish it was wireless like the wavebird and it had some sort of rumble built-in, the controller is SOOOO lite.
You can going hunting online?

The wiimote requirement is still a huge flaw. I'd gladly pay a little more for a wireless version. Oh well one step at a time.

MotherFan

Vinci said:
Did she just kill a goat, butcher it, and then calmly watch as it got back up and skipped away?

Not sure, it was skipping alot for abit for me.

Edit: The map, how much of the world does that cover?

kassatsu

Banned
MotherFan said:
Not sure, it was skipping alot for abit for me.

Edit: The map, how much of the world does that cover?
There is no "world". Each quest is an instance on a stage.

Dunno how many stages there are in Tri.
There are like 12 in MHP2G.

laserbeam

Banned
NOA would be stupid to not do a similiar bundle in the US. Capcom would probably be very happy as well. So I guess that means no bundle :/

MightyKAC

laserbeam said:
NOA would be stupid to not do a similiar bundle in the US. Capcom would would probably be very happy as well. So I guess that means no bundle :/

DING DING DING give that man a prize!!!

Yes, its depressing I know :p

MiniDitka

Vinci said:
Okay, watching one of the feeds... Is there any way to turn off voices in the game? That girl at the store - or whatever it is - is annoying as all hell with her 'HI!'
Link please : )

Edit: Just found one.

swerve

Picked it up at Sofmap, (black classic controller pro pack, with an extra black wii remote on the side). Spent one hour wandering around, talking to people, learning about the new sea creature and starting to set up camp.

Now if only I could work out how to fry my meat...

Also, OMG I remember from playing a bit of the first PSP version but this game is so brilliantly gay. How many ass-shots in that first movie of moka town? :eek:

Swerve <3 Capcom guys.

CTLance

My my my.... goodbye, Tenbatsu, been nice knowing ya. :D
swerve said:
Now if only I could work out how to fry my meat...

Also, OMG I remember from playing a bit of the first PSP version but this game is so brilliantly gay. How many ass-shots in that first movie of moka town? :eek:
Swerve <3 Capcom guys.
:lol

About the meat, are you talking about the timing or how to do it at all? I mean, in MHF2 you simply have that Grill/Gourmet Grill, and you use it, and you push butan at the right time, and you have your steak. It's a bit tricky at first, but you'll notice that the meat changes colour, and around that time you need to take it off the grill.

Or you give it to your felyne Chef. You get that one pretty quickly, it's dirt cheap, and it gives you other advantages.

Captain N

I think we're all prepared to say goodbye to Tenbatsu for a while. Now what if he comes back and...hates it? that would be pretty sad.

yankee666

Congrats Tenbatsu!!!, does the mh3 wii bundle comes with a nunchuk or only with the wiimote and classic pro controller ???

swerve

yankee666 said:
Congrats Tenbatsu!!!, does the mh3 wii bundle comes with a nunchuk or only with the wiimote and classic pro controller ???

Classic pro, Wii remote and nunchuck. And a new addition! Cleaning cloth for all those fingerprints.

Fakto said:
MH3: Japanese Launch Trailer - Didn't saw it posted:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-launch-monster-hunter/53691

Btw, the japanese version comes with english subs ?

From what ive seen theres ALOT more text than Unite but there are a few bits of English scattered throughout like Mission complete and such.

Cant imagine people will bother trying to do a translation patch for the Japanese disc when theres a confirmed English lang release so I guess if I do import ill hope for a basic translation guide on game faqs or something :lol

Watching these live feeds of people going straight into group hunts is really make you say wow. Man I know I'm playing MH wrong with single player you need a crew :lol

Urban Scholar said:
Watching these live feeds of people going straight into group hunts is really make you say wow. Man I know I'm playing MH wrong with single player you need a crew :lol
Any chance i could get a link to the feeds? Id love to see some people play that know what they are doing.

Top Bottom