• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate announced for Wii U/3DS, coming to West, no 3DS online

Tenbatsu

n91.jpg

n01.jpg

i4dBNhpQIlLQF.png

Screens

PR:
CAPCOM CONFIRMS MONSTER HUNTER™ 3 ULTIMATE FOR RELEASE IN MARCH 2013

The Most Expansive Instalment in the Monster Hunter™ Series Comes to Europe and North America

London, UK – September 13th, 2012 - Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate will be launching on Nintendo’s Wii U™ console and Nintendo 3DS™ system across Europe and North America in March 2013.

The popular fantasy action franchise Monster Hunter™ is now one of the most iconic gaming series in the world selling over 21 million copies worldwide since the series began in 2004. Players take on the role of a hunter and are sent to explore a settlement within the Monster Hunter™ universe, completing quests on their journey to seek and slay monsters whilst improving their skills and earning equipment upgrades. With many challenging monsters and over 200 quests the latest edition to the series is set to be the most expansive offering to date.

Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate utilises the functionalities of the Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS system to provide players with a truly intuitive hunting experience. The touch screen feature of both platforms allows players to quickly access in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games whilst the high quality graphics of Wii U and 3D visuals of Nintendo 3DS powered by the latest iteration of Capcom’s MT Framework deliver a unique and stunning world for players to explore. Taking advantage of the portability of Nintendo 3DS, players can exchange their guild card that contains all their hunter’s information with other players via StreetPass™.

Players can experience the world of Monster Hunter™ alone or in four player local play using Nintendo 3DS. Finding nearby hunters to adventure on quests with is now even easier via the local Nintendo 3DS search feature. Wii U players will be able to enjoy the hunt with Nintendo 3DS players via a local wireless connection. Gamers that own both a Wii U and Nintendo 3DS can take advantage of the inter compatibility of save data between the two consoles, taking the hunt from the living room wherever they go.

- March 2013 (EU/US)
- Wii U has local and online multiplayer, the 3DS version is local only
- Transfart your save data between the 3DS and Wii U
- Cross-play between the 3DS and Wii U
- ENTHUSIASM

Okay I finished up the FAQ. Lemme know if I got anything wrong, or if there's something that needs to be added.

Q. Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a new game, an HD port of Tri, or what?
MH3U is the localized version of the Japan-only Monster Hunter 3G (3DS) and Monster Hunter 3G HD Vers. (Wii U). In loose terms, it is the second expansion of the third generation of Monster Hunter games. The Wii U version will have online network play between consoles, but the 3DS version will not. The Wii U and 3DS versions will be able to play together offline, and you can use transfarring to sync saves between the Wii U and 3DS versions. Exact details about the online mode are unknown at this time.

Q. What gameplay differences are there between Tri and MH3U?
A lot has changed between the two games, but the immediately obvious are:
  • Four new weapons - Hunting Horn, Bow, Gunlance, and Dual Blades return from MHFU
  • Instead of being able to fully customize Bowguns, they are now prebuilt like the other weapons and come in either Light or Heavy varieties
  • Reworked and new armors and armor skills
  • An entirely new difficulty mode for online quests, and high rank Moga Village quests
  • Instead of grinding HRP to unlock the next urgent quest, you can rank up as soon as you complete the prerequisite key quests (post-game spoilers)
    but it switches back to the HRP system after beating the final G-rank elder dragon, with additional content afterwards

Q. How much more content does MH3U have compared to Tri?
Under the most conservative estimates, MH3U adds 11 new large monsters to Tri's roster of 18. But considering many of the 22 subspecies play significantly differently from their regular counterparts, plus the addition of G rank, many gaffers consider it to have roughly three times the content of Tri.

Q. Can I import my Tri save to this game?
Doubtful. The gameplay engine changes described previously make a direct conversion difficult, not to mention Tri's saves are locked to the Wii.

Q. Why doesn't the 3DS version have online?
All signs point to the 3DS version of MH3U being a straight localization of Japan's MH3G. Since MH3G didn't have online, neither will MH3U on 3DS.

Wii U Bundle
mh3g_ttl.png

RriU4.png

untitled.png

JP MH3G HD Site
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/HD/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Who called it

That's right

The guy with the little dog in his avatar

likeGdid

I think I saw cross-play. Does this mean the US will get it? Soon hopefully?

EDIT: Nevermind. Confirmed for US as Ultimate. The bombs are killing us.

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH

HIDE YO ELDER SCROLLS

HIDE YO DRAGONS DOGMA

HIDE YO OVERHYPED CLONES

IN THE WORLD OF VIDJA GAMES, THERE IS ONLY ONE MONSTER HUNTER!

THE KING OF ACTION RPG IS COMING

IN RATHALLAH AND CAPGOD NAME WE PRAY

YAAAAAAAAAS

iY7oSz0JTxpO1.gif

Top Bottom