• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate announced for Wii U/3DS, coming to West, no 3DS online

Not yet. Me too I'm waiting for this news.
Honestly, this will be day one in any case, but it would be a nice addition.

(anyone else is evaluating the possibility of a double purchase, Wii U + 3DS version? I know, I'm fool...)

I'm getting both. Didn't need to think twice about it. So hyped!

Hoodbury

I haven't decided if I'll get the 3DS version or not yet. I'd really only want it if I get an XL and right now all my entertainment budget is going into the Wii-U. We'll see though; getting to play a hunt or two over lunch at work and then transferring that save to the Wii-U when I get home is pretty dang appealing.

Mondriaan

I'm guessing we'll definitely have a GAF lobby, hopefully all regions can be played together; any confirmation of that? Or will it be region based like Tri?
It will probably be region based just like Tri, but there hasn't been any confirmation either way.

As far as a GAF lobby goes, there will be a proper GAF meeting spot for roughly two to three months and then the lobby will become an empty place and you will have to hope that you put the few gaffers still playing regularly in your friend list or something.

It will probably be region based just like Tri, but there hasn't been any confirmation either way.

As far as a GAF lobby goes, there will be a proper GAF meeting spot for roughly two to three months and then the lobby will become an empty place and you will have to hope that you put the few gaffers still playing regularly in your friend list or something.

Hmm, will do lol hopefully I'll have enough free time then, and find gaffers that have are on when I am. But more than likely I'll be the one dragging everyone down lol XD.
Lol more than likely will go through with cousin or my friends who has way more free time then me XD.

Not yet. Me too I'm waiting for this news.
Honestly, this will be day one in any case, but it would be a nice addition.

(anyone else is evaluating the possibility of a double purchase, Wii U + 3DS version? I know, I'm fool...)
I'll buy both out of support, but I can see the 3DS version being useful if you go to gaming events and meetings.

If the Wii U version doesn't support OTP, one more reason to buy the 3DS game.

I want to lay on my bed and hunt some mfs. 8)

Kyoufu

I'll buy both out of support, but I can see the 3DS version being useful if you go to gaming events and meetings.

If the Wii U version doesn't support OTP, one more reason to buy the 3DS game.

I want to lay on my bed and hunt some mfs. 8)

I hope Wii U version has bed support.

Sanctuary

Just started playing MH Tri on the Wii, and already am annoyed. It does not display fullscreen on a 16:10 (2009 plasma) screen, and there are small black borders on either side. This isn't the same as what you see when playing at a 4:3 setting either. Every single game or movie that tries to display correctly in 16:9 on my screen will make it letterboxed, by adding black bars to the top and bottom. I don't know what the hell kind of resolution the game is trying to go for, but it's sure as hell not 16:9.

Hiltz

God, speaking of MH Tri, I just had one of the worst newbie experiences a little over an hour ago. I teamed up with these two new players (hunter rank 4 and 8). These guys were so new they didn't even know how to consume healing items and didn't bother to bring any on the quest. Naturally, they also ignored my offer to give them mega potions even after I told them what button to press to except traded items from another player. Never again will I help new players who don't know how to help themselves let alone know how to communicate in english! What a headache.

The Boat

Compelling textures? On Wii U? Shit son, we got us a fight now.

I'd be down for buying both and taking advantage of transfaaring. Grinding stuff on 3DS while away from home sounds good. If they do some sort of slightly discounted bundle, I'd probably jump.

Yap, that's my plan too. Between school, public transportation and travelling back home, I spend a lot of time away from my home consoles, so this will be useful. Would be more useful with online of course. Now, the question is if I can get the money and time for all this monster hunting.

Tenbatsu

img_contents01_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents01_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents01_pict03_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents01_pict04_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents02_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents03_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents03_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents04_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents04_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is there any detail there about 3DS and Wii U play? Will 3DS playing locally with a Wii U be able to join people online via the Wii U? (ie; could the party be made up of 3DS/Wii U/ Wii U/ Wii U). I know it's unlikely.. but I just wanted to know if there's anything. I don't want to buy two Wii U :(

Emitan

Is there any detail there about 3DS and Wii U play? Will 3DS playing locally with a Wii U be able to join people online via the Wii U? (ie; could the party be made up of 3DS/Wii U/ Wii U/ Wii U). I know it's unlikely.. but I just wanted to know if there's anything. I don't want to buy two Wii U :(

Pretty sure you can't use the Wii U to go online with a 3DS.

Emitan

Yeah, it's more of a pipe dream I want to keep alive so I don't have to accept buying two Wii U yet.

In order to bridge that connection I think you'd need an ethernet connection and the WiFi and the Wii U doesn't have ethernet. I think that's right but I'm not sure.

jimmypython

I'm happy with this port. They've redone the UI and added online support, which is good enough. That crappy MHP3HD version only emulates AD-HOC mode for online play, instead of using the existing PSN infrastructure.

But I assume the difficulty won't see a change.. however we are talking about CAPCOM and NINTENDO here, so I still have hope that they would elevate the difficulty, at least for multiplayer mode.

Meelow

Banned
Yeah it's going to be a while before we see a built from the ground up HD Monster Hunter, at least Capcom put more into the graphics in the Wii U version of Monster Hunter than Square Enix did to the Wii U version of Dragon Quest X.

The textures on that barrel in the foreground of the city shot is meh but everything else looks good.

Only things left to get me as a day 1 purchaser is off-TV play and improved online features.

Top Bottom