• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate update adds Off TV Play and Cross Region Online on April 16

New software update coming out on April 16.

The software update for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U will be available on April 16th, allowing you to play using the GamePad instead of the TV screen, as well as cross region matchmaking between US and EU players. What feature are you looking forward to most?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...474736712547652.104315.450417638312893&type=1

The software update for #MH3U on #WiiU for Off-TV Play on the GamePad & cross-region online play between EU/US players arrives on April 16th
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/statuses/322008125651709952

bocCOfP.jpg

1StJg2c.jpg

odhdKVl.jpg

o9UKE7N.jpg

http://youtu.be/fMVu4qYmRww

Orayn

Oh God. They're not re-scaling the UI. The font is going to be even less readable than before!

Still hella hyped, though.

Excellent. Looks like I'll finally be buying the Wii U version in the next week or so. Been sticking with the 3DS version until this update hits.

AGITΩ

would be nicer if lobby's held more than 100 users, and that rooms could take up to 8 or more hunters to take on multiple quests...but nooo

Mafro

Really wish they'd patch it to make the text box much bigger rather than relegating it to the bottom corner of the screen.

From our good Japanese friends:

Because they may be reluctant "Monster Hunter 3G" and then doing a TV monopoly,
This update I'm really happy.

c7pxOkD.gif

Minions

I can see the draw of off screen play, however it is kinda ironic. Series going from hand held (psp/3ds) -> console (wii-u) -> back to hand held (wii-u tablet). Seems like if I really wanted to play on a hand held I'd just pick up that versions, which was built for running on handhelds (IE. You can read what is happening)

I can see the draw of off screen play, however it is kinda ironic. Series going from hand held (psp/3ds) -> console (wii-u) -> back to hand held (wii-u tablet). Seems like if I really wanted to play on a hand held I'd just pick up that versions, which was built for running on handhelds (IE. You can read what is happening)
Its less expensive and more prettier this way, but yeah, the text definitely needs to be fixed.

Korigama

It was a little more complicated than that with this series, actually.

console (PS2) --> handheld (PSP) --> console (Wii) --> handheld (PSP) --> handheld (3DS) --> console (Wii U) --> handheld (3DS again for MH4)

Frodo

I think they will rescale the UI, that text is barely visible. Maybe not in this patch, but another one after.

I had to bring my TV forward a little bit to be able to read the text. And I still need to squint my eyes a little bit to ready it.

Doesn't matter if I can play it off-TV, though. I can survive with not being able to read the text for a while, though it would be good if they fix this on this very same patch.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So you will basically only be able to do one hunt before the gamepad dies of power right?

If they couldn't be bothered finding a more appropriate font for the 3DS version, I doubt the text boxes are going to be re-scaled for the gamepad

Cross-regional servers is cool though

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wonder if there's any hope one of these patches will optimize the framerate a little bit.

Top Bottom