• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G announced for 3DS, Fall 2014

jbug617

Banned
Monster Hunter Festa is going on in Japan and looks like Monster Hunter 4G is announced.

Images from Famitsu link
sUxp0Rs.jpg

vTgSJye.jpg

Famitsu Link: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201401/26047057.html

3DS Confirmed and save data from 4 carries over to 4G:
@cvxfreak: MH4G only announced for 3DS, MH4 save data will carry over.

Thanks Aria

Wow. Were the announcements always this soon after the previous release?

Also suddenly I have a feeling that non-japan regions are getting 4g but not 4.

Arla

Yea, just caught this randomly. I got on YouTube and saw Capcom Channel live streaming some event and bam, MH4G. Great way to end my night after watching the god awful Man of Steel movie.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
lol that was fast.

at least its allowing for data transfer. Now the next question is just how much new content will be included. One thing for sure is they need more damned maps. 4 was seriously lacking in that category.

DJIzana

I take it this will likely be the Monster Hunter we'll get if any, since we got Monster Hunter 3G. I wonder if the Wii U one is also being made... anything commented there?

Continuing to print money!

Hope they port this to Vita for old times sake. In any case I'm interested to see how this version sells on 3DS.

Parakeetman

Why would you assume that, Capcom were very happy with the performance of MH Tri Ultimate.

EDIT: Guess you were right, i really don't want to have to buy an XL just for MH. I'm happy with my OG 3DS.

Once you go XL you never go back to OG.

qq more

I wonder if this is why we're waiting so long for any official localization news... Please localize this Capcom!

My wishful localizations news aside, didn't MH4 just came out some months ago?? Sounds a bit too soon.

Beats

I wonder if this is why we're waiting so long for any official localization news... Please localize this Capcom!

Localizations side, didn't MH4 just came out some months ago?? Sounds a bit too soon.

It came out in September if I remember correctly.

ugoo18

Once you go XL you never go back to OG.

Only reason i haven't jumped yet is i'm not sure how complete the transfer system is and there isn't any particular game (Apart from MH) that seems to really need the extra screen space.

Does it essentially make a copy of all of the data on one 3DS (Including things like friends and activity log for example) and copy it over to the new 3DS?

I really don't want to sit there entering all my friends again.

Arla

Port begging and 3DS whining already. There's a mod posting here, there should be a warning at least. Otherwise this threads gonna go to shit real fast.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Discussing ports is not against the ToS or posting guidelines. Annoying posts are.
Ports get discussed all the time, I guess now with everything being multiplatform except when funded by a platform holder they have decided it's fair game.

Discussing ports and port begging are two completely different things.
Port begging is not against the ToS or guidelines either. Annoying posts as the ones we're having about moderation are. I'm out!

Arla

Discussing ports is not against the ToS or posting guidelines. Annoying posts are.
Ports get discussed all the time, I guess now with everything being multiplatform except when funded by a platform holder they have decided it's fair game.

Discussing ports and port begging are two completely different things.

Parakeetman

Only reason i haven't jumped yet is i'm not sure how complete the transfer system is and there isn't any particular game (Apart from MH) that seems to really need the extra screen space.

Does it essentially make a copy of all of the data on one 3DS (Including things like friends and activity log for example) and copy it over to the new 3DS?

I really don't want to sit there entering all my friends again.

Trust me for pretty much everything the larger space makes a diff with causing less eye strain. Its a worthy investment. I still do have 1 3DSes normals and 2 3DS XLs and have not gone back to the normals at all yet. Reason for the 2 XLs is got one at launch the other is the Airu White MH special ver.

Top Bottom