• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Direct (October 27th)

May 18, 2011
Oooh, that's gonna be interesting.
Though I wouldn't expect any Switch news in this.
I would gladly take some, though.

New game or port of Generations, I don't care, as long as I can play MH in HD again.

Eolz

Jun 1, 2014
MonHun XG is my guess, crossplatform 3DS and Switch.
Edit: too soon for 5 anyway, they'll wait for the switch reveal to confirm it like they did for 4.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
...well this escalated quickly.

3DS/Switch obv.

ggx2ac

Apr 5, 2016
Finally, it's going to be crazy if this is for Switch at launch considering the unannounced Monster Hunter title to be released by the end of the fiscal year at March.

Edit: No Switch confirmed, never mind.

GasProblem

Dec 5, 2008
Netherlands
Oh shit!

Hope this is MH Switch.

Having MH Switch as a title in the launch period of the Switch will certainly help it in Japan.

Edit: I guess no Switch.

Luigiv

Jun 8, 2009
Perth, Australia
Huh, now aint that something? MHS just came out and this is a Japanese direct so this has to be the announcement of a new game. My heart wants this to be MH5 for switch, but given how random this direct is, it's probably MHXG for 3DS (which honestly I think would be a mistake).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Aug 22, 2011
Tsukuba, Japan
One journalist says they said that. Plus they never said anything about Capcom not announcing any :p

But yeah, it says no Switch in the text
I was thinking about the latter point but I guess even if other devs were able to announce things it wouldn't be at a direct.

Insaniac

Nov 10, 2006
i won't get my hopes up... i expect it'll just be some new DLC quests with some special armor

random25

May 23, 2014
most likely yes. this should be the mystery 2m monhun title that was mentioned in previous Capcom financials... although i'm not denying the chance it will be for switch later in the future too
3DS in 2017 keeps chugging along lol. But yeah it makes sense to be on 3DS given that the audience is still solid there.

nephilimdj

Jan 31, 2011
Straya
Finally releasing that cat simulator game in the west, but putting zelda and metroid in it to make nintendo fans buy it.

Jacobs

Aug 12, 2011
Nah, it's just like when they say "The direct is 3DS only" and they still show Wii U games in it.
I would be extremely surprised if they didn't at least mention the obvious Switch version.
Ehm no.. it states no information about switch or NX aplications

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Oct 29, 2011
Yorkshire, England
Bloody hell!
This month has been insane for me. Pokemon leaks, Switch reveal, and now a MH direct?
I don't even care what it is, Im way passed happy at this point.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
The Switch version will make the 3DS version look like garbage - so i can see why they wouldnt show them the same time.

But man i kinda hate Nintendo for still holding back on all that Switch awesomeness. We gotta eat.