• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Online (Capcom/Tencent, CryEngine 3) officially announced

God damn watched the video now. Surprised by how far along this game already is! Looks like they have put 2-3 years into it already.

I wonder why they are not using their new pantyraid engine for this though?

wwm0nkey

People are really excited for an outsourced Asian game with "Online" in the title, huh

Monster Hunter games visuals have never really improved after the first one got released, I think thats why so many people are excited lol

I mean I will play it if its good and comes to US.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People are really excited for an outsourced Asian PC game with "Online" in the title, huh

More like people are excited about a Monster Hunter game that has "next gen" graphics and has a chance of being released stateside and can be played on a PC?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
My fucking brain cannot comprehend this at all.

A monster hunter using Cryengine.

john tv

Trailer was a total snoozer IMO. Everyone gets so excited by tech but the art design is bland, the environments look like MH2, the music was bad and the trailer was poorly cut. This looks like Capcom in name only - $100 says the real MH team wants nothing to do with this, just like Frontier.

Hiltz

Tain

Goofy and sort of interesting but I don't buy that just anybody can make a great MH game. It's always surprising to see how many can get pumped by a name alone.

And I don't think this is going to be a worldwide thing.

TheHater

my excitement died down after seeing the trailer. Dammit. Was really hoping for a HD Monster Hunter game.

Trailer was a total snoozer IMO. Everyone gets so excited by tech but the art design is bland, the environments look like MH2, the music was bad and the trailer was poorly cut. This looks like Capcom in name only - $100 says the real MH team wants nothing to do with this, just like Frontier.

Sad but true.

Tenbatsu

Second this.

Takao

Banned
God damn watched the video now. Surprised by how far along this game already is! Looks like they have put 2-3 years into it already.

I wonder why they are not using their new pantyraid engine for this though?

It's not being developed by Capcom, but rather a Chinese company called Tencent. Their new engine is likely just for internal productions like MT Framework.

Salsa

wait

what's going on

what

what

there's like a catch that should obliterate any kind of excitement towards this right!?

Hello, Monster Hunter Frontier v2.78152353.0.1

Are they still forbidden to use any of the monsters past Dos? Will it suffer from the same grinding issues plaguing the Frontier series? Is anyone from Capcom even watching over the development of this game?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This is somehow uglier to me than the past MH games to me. Technically it's more impressive, but damn it's ugly.

People are really excited for an outsourced Asian PC game with "Online" in the title, huh

If its good. I dont know what monster hunter craving state i will be in in 2 or 3 years by the time this comes out in English if at all.

So i guess Monster Hunter Frontier G is the last expansion for that game if this is due out sometime in the next 12 months?

Pappasman

It seems everyone is getting worked up over pretty graphics.

I found all of the cutscene attacks really confusing.

so true. so true

Top Bottom