• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita" Spotted On UK Games Retailer Play.com

Takuya

Banned
So people are that desperate to take a retailer placeholder as confirmation?

Personally I don't doubt the Vita is getting a MH title, but to jump to conclusions from something as a simple retailer listing seems a bit unfounded.

AihdnCOCEAAJ5j9.jpg:large

It's been known.

There has been so much smoke that any more and it will create a smog that chokes us all. There's got to be a fire somewhere.

Smoke created by people asuming that there is going to be a MH game on Vita and literally no one else. So this reaction here looks more like a self fulfilling prophecy than anything else really.

Again, I'm personally convinced that a MH game is going to be released on Vita in one way or another, but I highly doubt it would be leaked through a random channel that simply lists MH3... maybe it's a Wii port.

fernoca

It's been known.
Though keep in mind that as noted in that thread, that list had a few mistakes on it (like Ridge Racer Unbounded), wrong logos , etc. Like when they used a 'Mortal Kombat Vitality' logo in a conference, when it was never the name or the logo for that game.

But the game is expected, if anything I hope they put some ..effort on it instead of just been a quick port of the PS3 HD release...which was quite lazy as a port to begin with.

Duffyside

Banned
... Wha... What the hell is going on? This isn't real, it is real, it isn't real because we already knew it was coming, but no that's a remake, but not we want a new game, this is a new game because it's an HD re-release, but that's different than a remake, the 3Ds has this game, no it doesn't...

Too much damn Monster Hunter.

or neither. The event might pass with nothing said.

I don't know. If nothing is announced this friday I guess it's safe to say that is not coming at all. At least on the foreseeable future. There are no other trade shows between now and TGS where they can announce it that i know of. Unless Sony does another "let's announce PSV games" event.

Because it's not a port!!? Sony telling people it has nothing to do with the old PSP titles!
Can't wait for a MH with new assets in HD!

I'm ready to eat some sweet crow if i'm wrong. But, it seems that you're telling yourself that to cry yourself to sleep. :p

Takao

Banned
Smoke created by people asuming that there is going to be a MH game on Vita and literally no one else. So this reaction here looks more like a self fulfilling prophecy than anything else really.

Okay.

David Reeves (Capcom Europe)

Nikkei Trendy

SCE France COO

Final Fantasy X, Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita listed for US Release

Pre-TGS Japanese rumor checklist - DQ10 = MMO-like? (And other fun stuff!) - Only 2 of these were wrong. Bayonetta 2 (which likely exists just hasn't been announced), and MHP3rd HD for Vita

There's also the GameWave junk that said Portable 3rd G was going to be on PSP this year. I need a can of air so I can stop choking on this smoke. The last one, the pre-TGS one is the most damning. Everything there has been proven to since be true.

Though keep in mind that as noted in that thread, that list had a few mistakes on it (like Ridge Racer Unbounded), wrong logos , etc. Like when they used a 'Mortal Kombat Vitality' logo in a conference, when it was never the name or the logo for that game.

Sony used Mortal Kombat Vitality in their own conference.

Of course it is.

Why would Yasunori Ichinose spend 2 years porting a game that 5 million people in Japan played to death?

If this exists, it'd be a G expansion.

What makes you think he was working on this for 2 years? And why? Because people will still buy it.

G expansion or not it will be a port, only with more content.

With the list Takao just posted and the quick approaching event on MArch 9th I think it's safe to say all the pieces are in place for the announcement of MH coming to Vita.

Kyoufu

What makes you think he was working on this for 2 years? And why? Because people will still buy it.

G expansion or not it will be a port, only with more content.

Well he's not working on the 3DS games. He's in charge of, you know, the best selling MH brand.

And no, nobody would buy a port of a game that is already playable on a Vita. Blows my mind people think it'll be a straight port.

fernoca

Sony used Mortal Kombat Vitality in their own conference.
Yep. And as noted back in that thread it was a fake logo and a fake name since the game was never called that.

Which added more fuel to the fire that the list/"confirmations" of actual press material was just based on hear-say , assumption and random announcements, rather than actual confirmation.

But, Monster Hunter is expected on the Vita even if it's a remake, port or HD port or whatever; there's no denying that. But so far, all the teases and even actual press material for Sony are no confirmation of it, because of the mistakes involved; on top of the fact that Portable is not known as Portable outside Japan.

mclem

I've never played Monster Hunter. Which console should I start it on: 3DS, Vita, or Wii?

Depends on what you have available in terms of multiplayer options but probably Wii (given it has online).

If there is a western version of the 3DS title, there's a chance it'll have online added too.

Well, probably so many rumors pointing about MH releasing to Vita can't be wrong, I'm still surprised that Capcom finally decided to split MH on two different portables.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ok, but assuming Tri G for 3DS is coming and MHP3 Vita exists (or just the PSP version), which one then?

3DS will require the Circle Pad Pro for the best play experience... not really ideal. Vita is set out-of-the box.

Vita will also have PlayStation Trophies which always adds a little extra value to me.

fernoca

3DS will require the Circle Pad Pro for the best play experience... not really ideal.
No it doesn't. Heck, many prefer playing without that add-on; even more after years of playing the Portable games without a second stick. Personal matter, more than a fact. Is like saying that a first person shooter plays better with a controller, than with a mouse+keyboard.

Top Bottom