• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita" Spotted On UK Games Retailer Play.com

3DS will require the Circle Pad Pro for the best play experience... not really ideal. Vita is set out-of-the box.

Vita will also have PlayStation Trophies which always adds a little extra value to me.

But you could buy a 3ds a frankenstick and the game and still have a shit ton of change for the price of a vita

No it doesn't. Heck, many prefer playing without that add-on; even more after years of playing the Portable games without a second stick. Personal matter, more than a fact. Is like saying that a first person shooter plays better with a controller, than with a mouse+keyboard.

Ummm then why did they even make it in the first place?

Elios83

Honestly I hope that Sony has something more in store for Vita in Japan than portings of MHP3 and FFX. They need it.

fernoca

Ummm then why did they even make it in the first place?
Because it's an optional add-on and they wanted to give an option to those that jumped in the franchise with the Tri version on Wii.
Heck, the first time the game was demoed to the public, they did it without the add-on. Some don't like it because of the added bulk, others because they just don't like it.

I still remember a poster from here talking about his friends in Japan been disappointed that the 3DS version used that second analog; even when it wasn't mandatory.
More than a requirement, is something optional and personal.

Because those people know they need camera controls with the game.
Making circle pad pro a necessity.
You can control the camera just fine with the touchscreen and they even added a lock-on of sorts to make it "easier".

Bullza2o

Okay thanks for the reply guys. At this point, I'll probably take a look at Tri G because none of my friends have MH3 so online is useless.

Are people entirely serious when they treat this like official confirmation?

If it is true, it will be no different than had you waited until Friday. If it's not true, then you're all setting yourselves up for a hard fall.

Are people entirely serious when they treat this like official confirmation?

If it is true, it will be no different than had you waited until Friday. If it's not true, then you're all setting yourselves up for a hard fall.

The sad fact is i actually think that most people in this thread do believe it is confirmation

Elios83

The sad fact is i actually think that most people in this thread do believe it is confirmation

How is it sad considering that basically all Sony executives have been telling that it's coming and they need it for sales in Japan?
Seems like the opposite to me, it's sad when people refuse the obvious when they don't like it ;)

Mr Swine

Banned
How is it sad considering that basically all Sony executives have been telling that it's coming and they need it for sales in Japan?
Seems like the opposite to me, it's sad when people refuse the obvious when they don't like it ;)

If its coming why didn't they say that before Tri G was released? Could have done some damage controll

The statements from sony people and others were more than likely based on the opinion oh it was big on psp so it must be coming to vita

Elios83

The statements from sony people and others were more than likely based on the opinion oh it was big on psp so it must be coming to vita

They clearly aren't, but ok, wait for your PR ;)

If its coming why didn't they say that before Tri G was released? Could have done some damage controll

Because it's not their game and they can't interfere with how Capcom handles their business also relatively to other business deals they have made?

This thread needs more Kyon!

Anyway, having 3G I have to say that the Circle Pad Pro attachment is essential for my ideal play experience. I did try the virtual D-Pad and I felt it was pretty uncomfortable. That's not to say that everyone would feel this way, it's just my opinion. Oh, and the "lock on" feature is not lock on, just changes the angle to face the monster.

As far as MH Vita is concerned, I'm just going to wait for something a tad bit more official before I get excited. Besides, why would Gravios be on the cover when he is not in the game! Jinouga would have to take that honor I'd thought. Well unless it happens to be a Portable 3rd G type but considering this was on a UK store site I'm doubting it for now.

That said, I'm still very excited for MH on Vita and of course 3G in the West.

Peru

Just seeing the name 'Monster Hunter' gets me excited, but ultimately I don't care for any announcement until a western release is confirmed. I've got a Vita and a 3DS and would buy all and any MH released.

Toki767

Honestly I hope that Sony has something more in store for Vita in Japan than portings of MHP3 and FFX. They need it.

In order for them to get more developers on board, they'd need to sell more Vitas. The way to sell more Vitas in Japan probably is through Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy.

Elios83

In order for them to get more developers on board, they'd need to sell more Vitas. The way to sell more Vitas in Japan probably is through Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy.

Ports of old games won't do it to a high level.
It's the cat and mouse game which needs to be broken by making deals for a few key titles.
Basically they need to invest to make the thing run initially, then if things go well it will continue to run by itself. It happens with every console.

And no, nobody would buy a port of a game that is already playable on a Vita. Blows my mind people think it'll be a straight port.
1, no one said "straight port", its gonna be Portable 3rd with higher resolution and some extra stuff, that's still a port.
2, I thought 3rd never got released over seas.

This one is obviously gonna be the over seas version, and they'll do it for Vita instead of PSP.

Makes no sense that Play.com would put a Japanese version.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Has any new MonHun game been leaked to Western retailer lists of all things before it's even announced for Japan, considering they usually take quite some time to get to the rest of the world? Unless it's a title they've already had, and had time to work on localising it, if it's just a port of 3rd, and not a new 3rd G (how would a hypothetical 3rd G differ from Tri G anyway, the latter has all the core content from 3rd and all the content from Tri, with the usual G version additions and updates).

test_account

XP-39C²
It would be "crazy" to release yet another version of Monster Hunter 3 (or MH Portable 3?), but at least it would show that Capcom has plan on expanding the MH franchise across more platforms. That isnt any surprise to me though, but only time will tell what happens.

No, it'll only end if an MH title is announced. If not, the "wait for..." game will continue until at least TGS.

Well yes, but in that case any people who continue to pretend that the game is anything remotely resembling inevitable will simply be delusional and can be written off as such.

DMeisterJ

Banned
No, it'll only end if an MH title is announced. If not, the "wait for..." game will continue until at least TGS.

Well the "'wait for...'" game can always continue. There is no moratorium on when they could announce a possible Monster Hunter entry on the Vita. The reality is that as much evidence that supports it won't happen, there's also an equal amount of evidence that supports that it will happen. Until Capcom or Sony come out and say one way or the other, it'll always be a point of contention between 3DS fans and PSV fans. And even after one of them comes forth and says it won't happen, it still could happen like what happened with Sony and Gabe Newell.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well yes, but in that case any people who continue to pretend that the game is anything remotely resembling inevitable will simply be delusional and can be written off as such.
Everyone's guess is just as good, so i dont think that only one of the parties should be written off. Its pretty much a wild guess at both ends, no one here knows for sure if there will be a MH game for the Vita or not.

If a MH game get announced for the Vita, i think that it is much more likely to happen at TGS.

Kyoufu

1, no one said "straight port", its gonna be Portable 3rd with higher resolution and some extra stuff, that's still a port.
2, I thought 3rd never got released over seas.

This one is obviously gonna be the over seas version, and they'll do it for Vita instead of PSP.

Makes no sense that Play.com would put a Japanese version.

They're not going to waste resources on a port when they could (and most likely are) using their manpower on an expansion to a 5 million selling title. I don't know what else to tell you.

Everyone's guess is just as good, so i dont think that only one of the parties should be written off. Its pretty much a wild guess at both ends, no one here knows for sure if there will be a MH game for the Vita or not.

If a MH game get announced for the Vita, i think that it is much more likely to happen at TGS.

There are two parties that are making equal assumptions; those who believe that it absolutely will happen and those who believe it absolutely will never happen. As evidenced by this thread, the former take any rumor, retailer posting, or retracted statement as tantamount to official confirmation of their position. I find that mildly amusing.

Most people occupy the reasonable middle ground where they accept that it may or may not happen and there's no way to really tell until official word is given.

They're not going to waste resources on a port when they could (and most likely are) using their manpower on an expansion to a 5 million selling title. I don't know what else to tell you.
Hmm? Isn't that logic backwards though? You're making it sound like a port requires practically any resources at all and in fact it seems like, with the way you worded that, you're almost making it sound like a port would require more effort than an expansion. That's obviously not true though--it's ports that require minimal effort and expansions that actually require using resources. Why bother "wasting resources" on making expansions, when they could instead save that money an resources, make more ports instead, and still be raking in the profits?

When either way will work, it would seem more logical to take the one that requires less resources to me. And in any case, since ports are minimal-effort endeavors, it's highly unlikely that another port of Portable 3rd would take away any actually significant amount of resources from a theoretical team that's developing a Portable 3d expansion anyway (or in other words, there's no reason both can't be done simultaneously), so it's not a problem to begin with.

test_account

XP-39C²
There are two parties that are making equal assumptions; those who believe that it absolutely will happen and those who believe it absolutely will never happen. As evidenced by this thread, the former take any rumor, retailer posting, or retracted statement as tantamount to official confirmation of their position. I find that mildly amusing.

Most people occupy the reasonable middle ground where they accept that it may or may not happen and there's no way to really tell until official word is given.
I see. Honestly i havnt read many of the comments in this thread, i mostly just wanted to common on the "wait for" stuff, that it is still valid even after this Friday :)

SmokyDave

I wish I cared about the Monster Hunter franchise. It seems so important and everyone acts like its the be all and end all of handheld games but I just don't 'get it'. I tried it on PSP, Wii and iOS and I really don't see what special about it.

I feel like everyone is in on the secret except for poor old me :(

Kyoufu

Hmm? Isn't that logic backwards though? You're making it sound like a port requires practically any resources at all and in fact it seems like, with the way you worded that, you're almost making it sound like a port would require more effort than an expansion. That's obviously not true though--it's ports that require minimal effort and expansions that actually require using resources. Why bother "wasting resources" on making expansions, when they could instead save that money an resources, make more ports instead, and still be raking in the profits?

When either way will work, it would seem more logical to take the one that requires less resources to me. And in any case, since ports are minimal-effort endeavors, it's highly unlikely that another port of Portable 3rd would take away any actually significant amount of resources from a theoretical team that's developing a Portable 3d expansion anyway (or in other words, there's no reason both can't be done simultaneously), so it's not a problem to begin with.

Never said a port takes up more resources than an expansion.

Not sure how an overseas port would "rake in the profits". Guess I live in a different world than you.

but what if they're doing a 3g pun because it uses vita's 3g functionality

what if mannnn

That'd be funny. Don't think 3G is ever going to be useful for MonHun though.

StuBurns

Banned
I wish I cared about the Monster Hunter franchise. It seems so important and everyone acts like its the be all and end all of handheld games but I just don't 'get it'. I tried it on PSP, Wii and iOS and I really don't see what special about it.

Are you playing it co-op? Solo it's pretty damn lackluster.

Kyoufu

Because it's extremly cheap to make. What other reason would there be?

I guess it's possible, I just wouldn't bank on it. I think you're far more likely to see an enhanced Vita version of FF Type 0 overseas and then a new iteration of MHP for Vita after they get that train rolling in Japan.

Its all about who you play with. Some MoHun players are fanatics but you really get a sense of teamwork when 4 players try to capture a giant monster.

SmokyDave

Are you playing it co-op? Solo it's pretty damn lackluster.

Co-op'd on Wii & PSP but it still didn't 'click'. I don't want to rag on the game, I just find it really interesting that it's such a prominent and important game and yet I see virtually nothing there to get excited about. People go crazy for it though!

Top Bottom