• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on sale for one day in a store in Japan! OMGZ

Yeah I always thought bomba meant bad sales hence price reduction.

What's supposedly wrong with the transfarring? I've been transfarring my ass off with no problems. Enjoying it too but I didn't go in thinking a cross-compatible port - ie. the same game - would have new content.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A lot of fall out from the growing Korea-phobia sweeping Japan it seems. Not that this port seems anything special, but a whooooole lotta FUD up in this bitch.

Kyon said:
What on earth are you talking about? It works exactly like it's supposed to. No need to spread misinformation
Hey, its not me, read the amazon.jp reviews. Don't shoot the messenger.

There is a reason it is getting 1 or 2 stars.

It seems to be a UI problem? People aren't happy. Vocal minority perhaps?

Jonnyram

There's a lot of issues with the adhoc Party application.
That's what most of the real reviews on Amazon are complaining about.
It is missing some features (cannot jump to friend's room, cannot change rooms once started, no textchat via joypad), and it has some bugs (disconnects and so on). More than anything, they are annoyances, but they haven't affected my enjoyment of the game so far.

Jonnyram said:
There's a lot of issues with the adhoc Party application.
That's what most of the real reviews on Amazon are complaining about.
It is missing some features (cannot jump to friend's room, cannot change rooms once started, no textchat via joypad), and it has some bugs (disconnects and so on). More than anything, they are annoyances, but they haven't affected my enjoyment of the game so far.
Fair enough, but people seem to be pretty disapointed with this nevertheless.

demigod

Ratrat said:
Everyones selling their copy because the game sucks. Used copies are probably flooding every game store in Japan.

WTF are you talking about? Japan loves Monster Hunter and the game sure as hell doesn't suck. Have you even played MH? If so, how far did you get?

Jonnyram

TheShampion said:
Fair enough, but people seem to be pretty disapointed with this nevertheless.
Yeah, because it's removing functionality that was present in adhoc Party using a PSP. But that's probably a limitation caused by the fact that your PS3 is now used for playing the game, and not just the adhoc Party client. Maybe Sony can release a new version of adhoc Party later, but I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to put some of these features back. Probably memory issues.

Ratrat

demigod said:
WTF are you talking about? Japan loves Monster Hunter and the game sure as hell doesn't suck. Have you even played MH? If so, how far did you get?
Oh, we know the franchise is much loved, I've put at least 700 hours into games myself, though I have yet to pick up HD version. We're going off reviews and impressions. But maybe I was being harsh, I'm looking forward to picking it up when it is REALLY available for sub 1k. Which I think will be soonish.

demigod

Ratrat said:
Oh, we know the franchise is much loved, I've put at least 700 hours into games myself, though I have yet to pick up HD version. We're going off reviews and impressions. But maybe I was being harsh, I'm looking forward to picking it up when it is REALLY available for sub 1k. Which I think will be soonish.

Oh yeah, the port is lazy but I'd still rather play it on a big screen in High Def. Looks like I won't be playing portable 3 at all /hate Capcom USA.

Momo

Banned
demigod said:
Oh yeah, the port is lazy but I'd still rather play it on a big screen in High Def. Looks like I won't be playing portable 3 at all /hate Capcom USA.
Are we counting it as a port? Isnt it just MH played through an emulator?

Xater

Is someone from Japan willing to help me out here and buy a copy for me? I can paypal you the money right now. my friend who would usually help me out is right now in Korea.

Xater said:
Is someone from Japan willing to help me out here and buy a copy for me? I can paypal you the money right now. my friend who would usually help me out is right now in Korea.

I think they ship internationally. It's Rakuten, so there's an english version of the site.

The time sale is set for September 3rd from 1 pm - Midnight btw. I didn't notice it before. I thought the item was already on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some scam where there's only 1 copy of the game that'll sell for that price.

Xater

Mockingbird said:
I think they ship internationally. It's Rakuten, so there's an english version of the site.

The time sale is set for September 3rd from 1 pm - Midnight btw. I didn't notice it before. I thought the item was already on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some scam where there's only 1 copy of the game that'll sell for that price.

The international website doesn't mention anything of this deal. Kinda doubt it will be on there.

Mockingbird said:

Oh do they? I was going to ask the same question because I can't get a hold of my friend who lives in Japan.

Momo

Banned
Mockingbird said:

How reliable is this store? Browsing through their catalog I see a bunch of things I want.

Jonnyram said:
It's a one day time sale, designed to attract people to that particular retailer, but hey, leave that info out of the first post because it's not important.

These are their other time sales today:
http://search.books.rakuten.co.jp/b...A5%BF%A5%A4%A5%E0%A5%BB%A1%BC%A5%EB&x=58&y=21

Hey look, the PSP and PS3 must be bombas too.

Not only that but it says there are only 3 copies purchasable and the sale hasn't even started yet! so a more accurate title would be 3 copies of MHP3HD go on sale for one day.

Aka People that are wanting to get this: these will be sold out in the first 10 seconds of going on sale, you aren't going to get it.

Sinople

So I tried to order it:
12:59, I click the order button > "Not available, please wait until 13h00" > return then click "order" again without waiting a second > "Sold out", lolz :/

Top Bottom