• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. - Japan goes CRAZY [Screenshots - 1080p/No AA?]

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Monster Hunter in HD *and* 3D *and* playable with proper controller? Holy crap.

Kojima, you know what you have to do.

watershed

Banned
Is this the same game as the one sony demoed at the NGP reveal?

Clearly this is gonna be another million+ seller. Capcom really struck gold with MH.

Luigiv

slaughterking said:
Wait, so does it not have a proper online mode?
I presume it runs ad-hoc party in the background to get the job done. Kind of an obtuse way to go about things but it's the only way to allow for cross platform play and probably won't feel all that different from an integrated online mode anyway.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
English Press Release

Tokyo, May 22, 2011– Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that a new "PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) Remaster" title series, PSP titles customized and developed specifically for the PS3 computer entertainment system, will become available as Blue ray Disc™ games starting in the Japanese market.

"PSP Remaster" titles will deliver rich and immersive gaming experience on the PS3 system through stunning high-definition graphics as well as through additional new features for these titles, such as operability on the PS3 Wireless Controller (SIXAXIS® and DUALSHOCK®3), new add-on content or stereoscopic 3D support*1. Users will also be able to utilize the same save data from the original PSP game for the "PSP Remaster" version and enjoy the game on the go with the PSP system and continue the game at home on a large TV screen using PS3. Ad-hoc mode gameplay will also be supported through "adhoc party for PlayStation Portable" application on the PS3 system*2.

For Japan, the first "PSP Remaster" title to be introduced will be Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. from Capcom Co., Ltd. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP system is the latest installment of the blockbuster Monster Hunter franchise, which has alone shipped over 4.5 million units in Japan since its release in December 2010. The graphics of the PS3 version, including monsters, fields, equipment, as well as Felyne Comrades, are more gorgeous and vibrant than ever, and will deliver dynamic gameplay when played on the large TV screens. SCE, with strong support from software developers and publishers, will deploy various measures to enhance the software title line-up for the PS3 system.

SCE will continue to further expand the PS3 platform and create a new world of computer entertainment with innovative and exciting new titles.

*1 What content will be supported will depend by titles.

*2 Not all titles will be supported. Some software title will not function properly depending on the user's network status and or the software feature. The application is not supported on 20GB model (CECHB00) which does not support Wi-Fi feature.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/110522_e.html

Awesome. This is also why we haven't heard anything about MHP3 on PSP in the west yet. I wonder if the downloadable version is NGP compatible or the Blu-ray comes with a portable version hidden until NGP is out. It would make a lot of sense as we have seen NGP being able to run PS3 games quite well.

Ok, done, shit is practically confirm that we will see a GOD OF WAR portable Series on PS3 and Metal Gear 5 on it too. Also one thing i don´t understand, actual peoplo on GAF are saying that the NGP is doomed on the WEST? are you for real, why do you think that?

Holy FUCK! it actually does look AWESOME:

043805720_gfbb7_122_75tmzk.jpg

Durante

I wonder how this will sell compared to the Wii game.

But more importantly:
a1305868149341.jpg

Sega. Valkyria. Now.

(Where is RubyEclipse?)

Negator

Holy shit!

This has so much potential. Can you imagine a Dissidia PS3 remaster with online play and trophies?

Now I'm actually interested in trying out a Monster Hunter game!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ZoddGutts said:
Looks better than I thought. Good too see they added AA/MSAA or whatever to make it look clean compare to the PSP version.
Actually, if you look closely, there's no anti-aliasing in those screenshots.

It's just that at 1080p resolution, you don't get a lot of noticeable aliasing.

Luigiv

Looks like a PSP game in HD. I find it hilarious that MH3 is still the best looking game in the franchise.

Well here's to hoping Monster Hunter 4 is a Cafe, PS3 and PC multiplat* that finally makes use of MT-Framework.

*X360 excluded due to the fact Microsoft doesn't play nice when it comes to publisher owned servers and cross platform play.

MightyKAC

Fuck, and Yes.

That shit looks Gaawgeous.

And it's in 3D, and I can use my Sixaxis, AND I can take my saves with me on the go???

I'll take 2 please.

Nirolak said:
Actually, if you look closely, there's no anti-aliasing in those screenshots.

It's just that at 1080p resolution, you don't get a lot of noticeable aliasing.

and if this is compatible with NGP, it'd be like playing with bullshot image quality in small screen. oh god, please let it be cross compatible with NGP.

syoaran

This is awesome news!!!

But.... hmm..... I actually think one of the charms of MHP3rd is the fact I can take it wherever I go.... Easier to get a group together I hope!!

Think this is import friendly? (not the language, but as in playable outside JPN)

Grinchy

Banned
I will buy this, but they better not be expecting me to buy a NGP as well. I've already told myself I wouldn't, and that always works out as planned.

Top Bottom