• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise has achieved cumulative sell in of 8 million units.

Draugoth

Gold Member
FJWLZfNX0AAeai1

Monster Hunter Rise has achieved cumulative sell in of 8 million units. This is up from 7.5 million units as of Oct 2021.

The new milestone comes 5 days after the game released on Steam.

The series as a whole surpassed 78 million units back in September

source

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When all is said and done (Sunbreak included), Rise will be at 13mil.

ethomaz

Banned
Not bad for just Steam release for a couple of days.
World was just Steam, no?

8.3 million as June 30.
PC launched in August 8.
Over 10 million in August 20.

I know there is a month of console sales… even so consoles jumped from 7.5m to 8.3m in 4 months (March to June)… so it looks like most of these 1.7m sales are PC.

Last edited:

Starhowl

Monster Hunter Stories on 3DS has become hard to get; will have to buy it on shop once it‘s on sale. :pie_lcry:

Features more content than on iPad. 😔

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Great game, will be picking up the PC version soon.

did they ever announce cross save for this game with the switch or is it not happening?

will be over 10 million in the end easy, for a game that probably cost a fraction of world to develop.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
More PC folks need to get in on this. Even if World/Iceborne fatigued you, Rise brings pure joy back as a perfect blend of World's streamlined gameplay, the old school quest/hub/fluff set up and brand new stuff that make it absolutely delightful, especially the wonderful maps which are the series best yet and never get boring to traverse since with all the different options it takes seconds to get where you want despite their awesome scale and verticality (and seeing some returning maps from Tri, my last favorite in the series, done in this new vast & seamless style was so good). Of course the monsters are fun as ever to fight and the selection of classics and new ones is pretty damn spot on. This will probably be the best Monster Hunter ever once Sunbreak brings G rank back. Kamura village better export those wirebugs and the palamute training methods to the rest of the world because if a Monster Hunter without these releases in the future it's going to be a bummer (unless replaced by even cooler stuff, like the wirebugs here superceded the slinger/wedge beetles/clutch claw and took elements from other stuff). Here's a nice spoiler free introduction for Worlders.

Edit: lol wut, people say the maps have no verticality or are constrained because of the Switch, like deciding to have the whole area visible from the high peaks you can get to rather than make everything layered and closed off with blocked views, or to have a real time day/night cycle, was to save resources. I can't find a good tour of the first (or any but I don't want to spoil anyway) area showing just how amazing and vertical and full of paths, alternates routes, nooks and crannies it is despite the understated first impression but this video with the message locations shows some of it off.

Maybe folks don't know how to climb/wirebug and just follow main routes or something, I have no idea. Lol @ the "shit graphics" deal as well, the game is sharp, stylish and aesthetically pleasing. Flora, fauna, monsters with their fur, feathers, membranes etc. look great and it performs amazingly.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
More PC folks need to get in on this, even if World/Iceborne fatigued you Rise brings the joy back as a perfect blend of World's streamlined gameplay, the old school quest/hub/fluff set up and brand new stuff that make it absolutely delightful, especially the wonderful maps which are the series best yet and never get boring to traverse since with all the different options it takes seconds to get where you want despite their awesome scale and verticality (and seeing some returning maps from Tri, my last favorite in the series, done in this new vast & seamless style was so good). Of course the monsters are fun as ever to fight and the selection of classics and new ones is pretty damn spot on. This will probably be the best Monster Hunter ever once Sunbreak brings G rank back. Kamura village better export those wirebugs and the palamute training methods to the rest of the world because if a Monster Hunter without these releases in the future it's going to be a bummer (unless replaced by even cooler stuff, like the wirebugs here superceded the slinger/wedge beetles/clutch claw and took elements from other stuff). Here's a nice spoiler free introduction for Worlders.

Sounds amazing. Will wait for the World 2 with all the improvements xD

Mowcno

Around 500k units at launch on PC? That looks way lower than what World archived.
Yeah Rise hasn't performed nearly as well as World on PC. Which is to be expected as it's a Switch port.

MHW had 334k concurrent steam players launch day.
MHR peak steam players is 134k.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah Rise hasn't performed nearly as well as World on PC. Which is to be expected as it's a Switch port.

MHW had 334k concurrent steam players launch day.
MHR peak steam players is 134k.

There's a few other things too, MHW was the first Monster Hunter on PC, the hype was huge as many of the PC playerbase had never had this sort of game before, but had been eyeing the series for some time.

I think everyone wanted to give it a shot, it also helped that it looked great and had huge acclaim on the big boy systems prior to this.

But yes I think Monster Hunter Rise looking far more... well shit will no doubt have a part to play. I am a little sad they finally got hunters to show up in town and then decided on changing the amount in each lobby from 16 to just 4... like come on you couldent push this to 8 on switch?

It's a great game but it's very limited compared to world, I don't mean just in terms of graphics but map design too, it's much more horizontal and much less vertical compared to world's... again due to hardware limitations, but oh well...

It's popular no doubt, I'm currently replaying it with my PC friend group, but really people are waiting for world 2. Rise is the result of Playstations slow abandonment of Japanese titles, Capcom really had no choice I would be suprised if the next MH title is not anouther switch title.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What is it like?
Like title of the game suggest, this game is all about hunting monsters and using monsters part to craft armour and weapons and hunting even stronger monster. You can do this solo or with other players.

This game has little learning curve, choosing weapon is like choosing character in fighting game, each 14 weapons have their own set of unique mechanics and combat system.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Bought this game on Switch at launch but had to park it.

Bought a Pro Controller last night, going to connect my Switch to my 1080p 42inch Bravia and finally get cracking on this. Can’t wait.

Scotty W

Like title of the game suggest, this game is all about hunting monsters and using monsters part to craft armour and weapons and hunting even stronger monster. You can do this solo or with other players.

This game has little learning curve, choosing weapon is like choosing character in fighting game, each 14 weapons have their own set of unique mechanics and combat system.

It sounds a bit like Pokemon.

World was just Steam, no?

8.3 million as June 30.
PC launched in August 8.
Over 10 million in August 20.

I know there is a month of console sales… even so consoles jumped from 7.5m to 8.3m in 4 months (March to June)… so it looks like most of these 1.7m sales are PC.
You also have to factor in what World was to the Monster Hunter series, it was coming to multilple platforms yes, but was expected to be bigger and better than ever as well. Visuals and creating maps to the likes of which they've never achieved before, this pushed unreachable levels of hype for this series. Rise was just MH on Switch.

Vognerful

More PC folks need to get in on this, even if World/Iceborne fatigued you Rise brings the joy back as a perfect blend of World's streamlined gameplay, the old school quest/hub/fluff set up and brand new stuff that make it absolutely delightful, especially the wonderful maps which are the series best yet and never get boring to traverse since with all the different options it takes seconds to get where you want despite their awesome scale and verticality (and seeing some returning maps from Tri, my last favorite in the series, done in this new vast & seamless style was so good). Of course the monsters are fun as ever to fight and the selection of classics and new ones is pretty damn spot on. This will probably be the best Monster Hunter ever once Sunbreak brings G rank back. Kamura village better export those wirebugs and the palamute training methods to the rest of the world because if a Monster Hunter without these releases in the future it's going to be a bummer (unless replaced by even cooler stuff, like the wirebugs here superceded the slinger/wedge beetles/clutch claw and took elements from other stuff). Here's a nice spoiler free introduction for Worlders.

Just wanted to say fightingcowboy is one of my best game YouTubers

ClosBSAS

Around 500k units at launch on PC? That looks way lower than what World archived.
Ya but we knew it wasn't going to achieve world numbers. It's about a million now on steam for sure, world sold about 2.5 in first week according to steamspy. It's still very decent numbers considering it's competing with god of war

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Just wanted to say fightingcowboy is one of my best game YouTubers
I was just looking for PC World x Rise videos and it seemed to be the best with only ~8k views. I then skimmed some of his launch day play as well, he's pretty good with the bow though he kept messing up, stream and trying to show stuff and all. He said it's the best the series has been, I agree!

But he does hate on Tri's underwater stuff at another point so screw him, it was ace and should return :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

Vognerful

I was just looking for PC World x Rise videos and it seemed to be the best with only ~8k views. I then skimmed some of his launch day play as well, he's pretty good with the bow though he kept messing up, stream and trying to show stuff and all. He said it's the best the series has been, I agree!

But he does hate on Tri's underwater stuff at another point so screw him, it was ace and should return :messenger_hushed:

He was mostly a souls-like game streamer but I think he started playing other type of games to bring more views. Still like him though.

Top Bottom