• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise |OT| A Whole New World

Pejo

Not gonna play the demo.

Just going to blind buy.

It's MH. At this point you either know what the series offers or you don't, and I've been playing since like 2006.

I do have one question though: why is there a dog?
In the beginning of the game, the dog is a great mode of transport until you learn the wirebug/map layout and get the great wirebugs unlocked. In the middle you'll probably replace him with a cat in Multi or 2 cats for single player to help you get extra materials. At endgame when you're not really out for materials anymore, they become really good at applying status. There's also some cool ass armors for them.

So I played about 4 hours of just the PC demo last night, pissing with settings. On my 2070Super I can get 4k solid 60 with very few concessions. It feels so so so much better at 60FPS. Man I can't wait to dive back in on PC. This time I'm going Hunter Horn/SNS and trying to stay away from my crutch of SwitchAxe for a second playthrough. I wish the textures, particularly of the map, were better, but it's an up-rezzed Switch game, so I think it looks good enough. Wonder if we'll get some texture swap mods from World eventually for the environments.

Pejo

Less than 2 weeks PCbros. Anybody else in here planning on double dipping? I haven't touched the game at all for months so I'd be fresh for a PC playthrough. I've been getting the itch for some monhun, so it can't come soon enough.

Going HH main this time for the first time ever. Excited for some bonk and toot.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Less than 2 weeks PCbros. Anybody else in here planning on double dipping? I haven't touched the game at all for months so I'd be fresh for a PC playthrough. I've been getting the itch for some monhun, so it can't come soon enough.

Going HH main this time for the first time ever. Excited for some bonk and toot.
I'm gonna be there day one, but it is not a double dip.

Not sure on what weapon i'm gonna use, the hammer got really fantastic moves in rise...

Also not sure about how much i'm gonna play after finishing the campaign, i really dislike rise compared to world, i'm only playing it because it's a new mh game with new monsters.

Pejo

I'm gonna be there day one, but it is not a double dip.

Not sure on what weapon i'm gonna use, the hammer got really fantastic moves in rise...

Also not sure about how much i'm gonna play after finishing the campaign, i really dislike rise compared to world, i'm only playing it because it's a new mh game with new monsters.
I expect the MH World modding community to embrace Rise quite a bit. I wouldn't be shocked to see some cool stuff. I don't know if you followed the mod scene for World, but they've done some amazing stuff. A big range from useful to cool to straight up weird.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I expect the MH World modding community to embrace Rise quite a bit. I wouldn't be shocked to see some cool stuff. I don't know if you followed the mod scene for World, but they've done some amazing stuff. A big range from useful to cool to straight up weird.

Yeah no mod can substitute what rise lack\changed over world.

From how monsters interact to each other, to the bland plain maps, to the climb monster method to the lack of impact to that fucking mandatory rumble royale mode that make me want commit suicide...

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah no mod can substitute what rise lack\changed over world.

From how monsters interact to each other, to the bland plain maps, to the climb monster method to the lack of impact to that fucking mandatory rumble royale mode that make me want commit suicide...
True. I strongly dislike how scripted the monster interaction is, and wirebug mounting is just as bad if not worse than clutch claw. Still, there ARE monster behavior mods for World, so there's a non-zero chance we could get some more realistic interactions and turf wars back.

GymWolf

Gold Member
True. I strongly dislike how scripted the monster interaction is, and wirebug mounting is just as bad if not worse than clutch claw. Still, there ARE monster behavior mods for World, so there's a non-zero chance we could get some more realistic interactions and turf wars back.
Unless they are super simple to install, i usually don't lose my sleep over mods on pc.

Pejo

Here's a bit of good news I missed earlier, looks like the PC version will include all the post launch content from the Switch version at launch.

This is great since I purposely didn't play any of the event quests on Switch.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Here's a bit of good news I missed earlier, looks like the PC version will include all the post launch content from the Switch version at launch.

This is great since I purposely didn't play any of the event quests on Switch.

I feel like where still missing a few bits, I know the amiibo stuff being exclusive is not counted (which sucks)

But I remeber vaguely a few more hairstyles, where the shrine maiden twins hairstyles not DLC on switch?

Off topic so I apologize for that but I just started monster hunter world on ps5. It’s pretty fun but I’m a bit lost as it is my first mh game.

Do we have a an active discussion on that? Anything on what I should get, avoid, understand, etc

Thanks!

Pejo

Off topic so I apologize for that but I just started monster hunter world on ps5. It’s pretty fun but I’m a bit lost as it is my first mh game.

Do we have a an active discussion on that? Anything on what I should get, avoid, understand, etc

Thanks!
Nothing recent for World, as its only major expansion is years old at this point. You could always start a LTTP thread to drum up some fresh conversation about it, or just post questions in either of the Rise threads. I'm betting that about 90% of all people that read these topics have played both.

There is a LOT for a first time player to understand, Rise and World to a lesser extent are some of the easiest to pick up though. I'd say your first steps should be to familiarize yourself with all of the systems that the game throws at you, then find a weapon that you like and learn the ins and outs of it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Thanks!
Ask away man. It's been a bit since I played World but I'm sure someone can help out if I don't know.

Top Bottom