• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise |OT| A Whole New World

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hmm.

Expedition

Radial 1

zOWJWH1.jpg

Radial 2

KCBIxM1.jpg

Guess I'm missing some simple fundamental principle

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
That's weird because I've been crafting those last night. Traps and tranqs.

Ehh thanks man. Gues I'm misinterpreting lot

Wait. The L1 horizontal menu is your pouch and the radial is a alternate way of accessing your pouch? Maybe that's it.

If that's the case its indeed confusing to be able to assign stuff to the radial but you need to have it in your pouch to work

Last edited:
That's weird because I've been crafting those last night. Traps and tranqs.

Ehh thanks man. Gues I'm misinterpreting lot

Wait. The L1 horizontal menu is your pouch and the radial is a alternate way of accessing your pouch? Maybe that's it.
Yeah, the radial isn't an entirely separate inventory. They're essentially just hotkeys for controller users.

EDIT: Also saw you were having trouble using aimed items (flash, kunai, beetles) in a previous post. Don't use the radial for those, they can be aimed properly with L2 + Square.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah, the radial isn't an entirely separate inventory. They're essentially just hotkeys for controller users.

EDIT: Also saw you were having trouble using aimed items (flash, kunai, beetles) in a previous post. Don't use the radial for those, they can be aimed properly with L2 + Square.

Thanks again guys for your help.

Been managing my pouch this morning and made 2 radials.

If a monster goes sleeping mid battle do I still have to set up a trap or can I throw tranqs on him/her/they? I'm guessing the former.

Also, in the village there's always an "talk to" icon for the blacksmiths. But nothing happens when I talk to him

Last edited:

Pejo

Thanks again guys for your help.

Been managing my pouch this morning and made 2 radials.

If a monster goes sleeping mid battle do I still have to set up a trap or can I throw tranqs on him/her/they? I'm guessing the former.
You can technically tranq them at any time, and then when they hit a trap they will auto-capture - but - the tranqs lose effectiveness over time, so don't do it too early before you lay the trap. Sleeping is not enough to capture by itself, but you can tranq them while they're sleeping and then lay the trap beside them if you want. I always do it the other way around out of habit though.
Also, in the village there's always an "talk to" icon for the blacksmiths. But nothing happens when I talk to him
How have you been upgrading your equipment if you can't talk to the blacksmith? Is it the one down to the right from the village chief? You can talk to both him and the pet backsmiths to create/upgrade equipment for you and your animals.

You can also find a second set of blacksmiths in the room to the right of the hub when you enter. They all have the same inventory but you have to talk to each of them separately when you advance far enough to craft new types of stuff.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You can technically tranq them at any time, and then when they hit a trap they will auto-capture - but - the tranqs lose effectiveness over time, so don't do it too early before you lay the trap. Sleeping is not enough to capture by itself, but you can tranq them while they're sleeping and then lay the trap beside them if you want. I always do it the other way around out of habit though.

How have you been upgrading your equipment if you can't talk to the blacksmith? Is it the one down to the right from the village chief? You can talk to both him and the pet backsmiths to create/upgrade equipment for you and your animals.

You can also find a second set of blacksmiths in the room to the right of the hub when you enter. They all have the same inventory but you have to talk to each of them separately when you advance far enough to craft new types of stuff.

Great info. Merci. 🔥

No map points at gramps. Talked to all three in his sector.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Yes the one next to the village chief. And I've upgraded weapons and armor.

Not sure about the other guy but the map show the " .... " for the gramps.

A none issue just weird.

Yes the one next to the village chief. And I've upgraded weapons and armor.

Not sure about the other guy but the map show the " .... " for the gramps.

A none issue just weird.
It might turn out to be an issue since some things are gated by conversations and turn in. It's been a while since I've done quests so I can't precisely help. Is the prompt just saying someone wants to talk to you? Do you have to turn in something? Screenshots might help again.

And no giant speech bubbles are visible while you're walking around? If it specifically says to talk to a smith then it might be asking you to check out a specific service they offer.

Yeah that's right.

Yeah I know 🤔

FihNkP5.jpg

SN5p58G.jpg
Nothing in the 2 pics says you have to talk to a smith. The map just says someone wants to talk with you and that they're in the Steelworks area. Basically, just walk around the area and see who has a speech bubble. The Steelworks is much larger than the tiny yellow circle in the map.

Also, it's very likely to be just the courier Palico (Senri) telling you about event quests. IIRC if you just talked to him but didn't download the quests, the chat bubble disappears but the prompt that someone wants to talk stays until you download the quests.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Do you people have a list or do you remember all the monsters they released in rise after launch but before sunbreak so i can be sure to fight all of them? The lists i find online have sunbreak monsters in them apready.

You know, the rise counterpart of what they did in world with deviljho, kulve taroth etc.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Do you people have a list or do you remember all the monsters they released in rise after launch but before sunbreak so i can be sure to fight all of them? The lists i find online have sunbreak monsters in them apready.

You know, the rise counterpart of what they did in world with deviljho, kulve taroth etc.
I believe this list is just the base game:

GymWolf

You'll have to subtract these then to get the go list:
I searched a list without sunbreak monsters because i don't want spoilers for sunbreak roster, i already had some spoilers from some weapons guides and i want at least a couple of surprises...

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I searched a list without sunbreak monsters because i don't want spoilers for sunbreak roster, i already had some spoilers from some weapons guides and i want at least a couple of surprises...
Ahh. Did you already buy the DLC then? I don't have it but can't remember if there is an in-game monster list. If so, I can pop on the game a take screenshots.

GymWolf

Ahh. Did you already buy the DLC then? I don't have it but can't remember if there is an in-game monster list. If so, I can pop on the game a take screenshots.
That would be useful i think, you should only have the base roster + the other they released for free before sunbreak.

Do you remember how do you hunt these monsters? Like are they introduced in the story with cutscenes or they are just events\arenas?

Right now the game tells me that i have to reach level 20 and the last monster i fought was the thunder dragon, the queen, i didn't even fought the other one with the wind element who was searching for her, i'm not even sure if i actually fully completed vanilla rise campaign tbh, the game seems to have multiple non-real endings:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That would be useful i think, you should only have the base roster + the other they released for free before sunbreak.

Do you remember how do you hunt these monsters? Like are they introduced in the story with cutscenes or they are just events\arenas?

Right now the game tells me that i have to reach level 20 and the last monster i fought was the thunder dragon, the queen, i didn't even fought the other one with the wind element who was searching for her, i'm not even sure if i actually fully completed vanilla rise campaign tbh, the game seems to have multiple non-real endings:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Here you go:

The game's credits roll about halfway through the game. I have about 65 hours into it and I am HR 18. I've got all the 6 star high ranks quests done and a small handful of 7 left. I think that would be everything in the base game for me.

Sounds like you are at the end game to me. If your large monster list matches mine, I'd say you're good to start the DLC or grind out to HR 20 then move to the DLC.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Here you go:

The game's credits roll about halfway through the game. I have about 65 hours into it and I am HR 18. I've got all the 6 star high ranks quests done and a small handful of 7 left. I think that would be everything in the base game for me.

Sounds like you are at the end game to me. If your large monster list matches mine, I'd say you're good to start the DLC or grind out to HR 20 then move to the DLC.
You are missing a couple aswell from vanilla rise

And i bet that you didn't really fought the ibuchi properly but just on the royal rumble mode.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
You are missing a couple aswell from vanilla rise

And i bet that you didn't really fought the ibuchi properly but just on the royal rumble mode.
Was this whole thing just an excuse to dunk on me? :messenger_loudly_crying:

Any tips for All Mother Narwa?

It's kicking out collective butts for 2 days. Armour and decoration recommendations would be cool.

Am using Goss Harag blade (6 rarity) and Rajang armour (+11).

Base game only as am waiting for Sunbreak release on xbox.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Any tips for All Mother Narwa?

It's kicking out collective butts for 2 days. Armour and decoration recommendations would be cool.

Am using Goss Harag blade (6 rarity) and Rajang armour (+11).

Base game only as am waiting for Sunbreak release on xbox.

Boss is weak to dragon to use thunder resist armor. I forget which armor set I used but just make sure it has the highest value. Not sure how the Rajang set compares to others.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Interesting watch even if too long:

You have poisoned the very depths of my brain with these two videos.

The voice over is both awful and compelling. Hearing a five year old tell me why I suck so completely at end game MHR:SB while removing the excuse that MHW:I was “a better crafted MH experience” is humbling (great VO filter I guess or a REALLY good AI voice over tool).

Top Bottom