• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories launches October 8 in Japan (+ Amiibo support)

Kikorin

Awesome, pretty confident Capcom will port game and Amiibo in Europe too if the game is a success in Japan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There is no...i repeat ...no way this ist coming to the west. Even if Nintendo had to do everything themselves. Obviously they wont talk about a western version before MHG is out though.

I can see it hitting NX(HD)/3DS for the western release next year.
I regret making the comparison, so I've edited it out of my original post. It was just a product of having seen both trailers close together. Hopefully the comparison doesn't upset anyone. AFAIK, Mighty No. 9 hasn't been shown on 3DS yet. I'm excited for both games.
Yeah sorry i didnt wanna come off as upset...tthe comparison just surprised me xD

yoonshik

1464253277-mh2.gif

1464253367-mh3.gif

1464253460-mh4.gif

1464253538-mh5.gif

1464253606-mh6.gif

1464253687-mh7.gif

Bonus:

1464254539-mh8.gif

teeny

I wouldn't be surprised if this does come to the NX, depending of course on when the NX releases. But I'm also not prepared to underestimate Capcom's engine on the 3DS.

This is the same company which put out Resident Evil Revelations in 2012.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The game's already been seen in action on a N3DS, so it actually exists on 3DS, guys :p
But the trailers, so far, have showed the game at a much higher resolution than. Which is not so unusual from Capcom: Ace Attorney 6 is similar in this.

Wouldn't Pac-man, sonic, ryu, cloud, and bayonetta count as 3rd party Amiibos as well?

They're amiibo of third party characters, but the figures themselves are 1st party, developed and produced by Nintendo. The Shovel Knight amiibo was produced by Yatch Club and is a 3rd party product through and through.

Litri

Those pics are really good. Considering all 3DS games tend to look better on screen, this could be one of the better looking titles. As I said, I will first need to jump into the MH world as I have never played one. As it's not a traditional MH game dunno if it will be worth for me.

TreIII

Gonna go on a limb and say all that frenzy virus mist confirms my boys Al Gore and Shaggy are involved somehow.

I NEED MY MAGALAS AS MOUNTS.

Ridley327

MT Framework

It feels like Capcom knows the hardware better than Nintendo. It never ceases to amaze me just how far ahead their output is from everything else on the system. Even relatively simple stuff like the recent Ace Attorney titles impress tremendously because of how damn great the models look and move.

Neoxon

It feels like Capcom knows the hardware better than Nintendo. It never ceases to amaze me just how far ahead their output is from everything else on the system. Even relatively simple stuff like the recent Ace Attorney titles impress tremendously because of how damn great the models look and move.
Imagine what they can do with the NX Handheld.

Ridley327

So it'll very likely come out next year. Summer at the latest.

It's in a bit of a weird spot, due to the impending NX release and the game itself being a sharp departure from other Monster Hunter titles with the younger audience focus and having a turn-based combat system. The west has yet to receive any spinoffs in the series outside of mobile, but this is a much bigger deal than the Felyne games, so we'll see.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
MH GAF help me understand some shit

I thought Stories was what is releasing in the West in a month or so, and I thought it was just Monster Hunter Generations with a new name for the West? Gen already being released in Japan a while ago?

javac

Weren't people sure that this game graphically looked above the 3DS? Did the announcement pre-date the New 3DS?

tuffy

I thought Stories was what is releasing in the West in a month or so, and I thought it was just Monster Hunter Generations with a new name for the West? Gen already being released in Japan a while ago?
Monster Hunter X (Cross) was released in Japan last November and is being released in the West this July as Monster Hunter Generations.

Monster Hunter Stories is up next in Japan.

No. Stories is Stories. Generation (MHG) is Cross (MHX) in Japan

spiritfox

I REALLY wouldn't want to ride a Zinogre. Monster whose defining traits are:

- Electricity
- Back spikes that enlarge when angry
- Breakdancing

Just seems like bad times all around.

As long as you don't get him angry, he's like a puppy!

I hope.

Top Bottom