• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World |OT| Where The Wild Things Are

everyer

29 hours in, love my character so much!!!!!
FgKVNOf.jpg

MistBreeze

Wow this game is so engaging and interesting it is admirable, you can turn it on to play story alone or sometimes u just want to play a session of just co op play helping People via SOS or u can go to gathering place or if u feel not in the mood of fighting u can do collectible or expeditions with people u want, multiple missions in one area with same squad,
It is just fun and addicting :)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone know how long this game could last if a person wanted to get the best gear and everything?
I’m assuming hundreds of hours. I know the story is 40-50 itself, so I suppose it has to do with how strong your desire for endgame, high-end loot.

Also, Capcom has stated they will be updating the game over time, so maybe that will be geared toward endgame play, I have no idea.

Traditionally Capcom has released updated content on a month basis consisting of new quest for event unique equipment like collaboration armors.
These tend to have an equal balance between low and high ranking quests so no hunter gets left out.
Then there are the "G" re-release which is essentially an expansion which brings a bunch of new monsters and rank of difficulty - everything gets a bump.

ALSO:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/2...worldwide-shipments-digital-sales-three-days/

5 MILLION WORLD WIDE SALES IN FIRST 3 DAYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
This is the first Monster Hunter game I've played, mostly due to previous titles only being available on handhelds and the Wii U. I must say, it's absolutely wonderful!

I'm coming up to around 20 hours of playtime and although some systems are still somewhat confusing, I'm getting the basics and enjoying the hunt. Currently using the bow which I find to be much better for myself as I can position my character at distance and react to a monster easier than if I were hugging it with a great sword.

Very rare that a game captures all my attention. I can see myself easily playing for another 50-100 hours, purely satisfied with the gameplay loop of hunt, loot, craft and repeat.

Last edited:

Nodnol

I have been really blown away at how addicting this is. My first Monster Hunter experience.

I just find the gameplay loop so engrossing. I’ve only just wandered into the second zone and I’ve been blown away with the character of these ecosystems. They’re not even maps; it feels alive with personality. Really really enjoyable.

Have been playing on XO and performance hasn’t been bad at all. Haven’t had any noticeable frame rate issues.

Only Hunter level 3, but really digging it so far.

Blam

This looks good going in but i don't know if I want a ps4 or PC version of this.

Like I'll wait but is the wait going to be worth it.

Bryank75

Banned
Wow those sales figures are amazing. Hopefully Bungie and co. are looking and taking notes. I got so much more for 55 euro in MH than the hundreds I've spent on Destiny special editions and trinkets.

down 2 orth

Traditionally Capcom has released updated content on a month basis consisting of new quest for event unique equipment like collaboration armors.
These tend to have an equal balance between low and high ranking quests so no hunter gets left out.
Then there are the "G" re-release which is essentially an expansion which brings a bunch of new monsters and rank of difficulty - everything gets a bump.

ALSO:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/2...worldwide-shipments-digital-sales-three-days/

5 MILLION WORLD WIDE SALES IN FIRST 3 DAYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn. I'm guessing that's going to give the company some new legs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Please tell me that's a Horizon Zero Dawn skin. I will literally buy the game right now if this is the case.

Yeah, it's an official collaboration on the PS4 version. It comes with the game.

469883-a.jpg');

Grinchy

Banned
I was on the story mission where I was supposed to fight a Paolumu, and I started it at a further campsite. As soon as I left it, I ran into a big monster and just assumed it was the right one. It was the Legiana. I didn't realize it was a mistake until it was almost dead, so I ended up having to just hunt both haha

Gold_Loot

Anyone know how long this game could last if a person wanted to get the best gear and everything?
If it’s like past MH games, I would say quite a while. Most of the rare materials require slaying the toughest bosses and even then, not everything will drop for you.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm getting my ass kicked over and over on the Anj... purple T-Rex guy. Even if I don't die, someone in my party is dying and causing the quest to fail. What is the trick?

Bryank75

Banned
I'm getting my ass kicked over and over on the Anj... purple T-Rex guy. Even if I don't die, someone in my party is dying and causing the quest to fail. What is the trick?

Be very careful when he's charging, I did it on my own. I've tried to help 3 teams...One guy used all the lives himself in one game. The charge can finish you... just be aware of it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Be very careful when he's charging, I did it on my own. I've tried to help 3 teams...One guy used all the lives himself in one game. The charge can finish you... just be aware of it.

So it's three lives shared with four people? Great... It's hard to keep an eye on things when the camera is a pain in some areas. Shit is jumping on you, stunning you, etc.

Grinchy

Banned
The Anjanath seems hard at first, but soon you'll be farming it without a care in the world haha

You really want to have some leveled up armor. And while fire resistance seems important for the fight, it kinda isn't as important as pure defense. He hits really hard and the majority of his attacks won't be fire-based. Eat defense bonus food at the camp before going out on the hunt. And just be paying attention for him to do that fire-breathing move that one-shots you.

lefty1117

Gold Member
was going to hold out for the PC release but since it's not going to be out until the fall, I picked it up on the XBOX1X

It's a dope game

everyer

Please tell me that's a Horizon Zero Dawn skin. I will literally buy the game right now if this is the case.
It is! You need to get to HR6 before Feb 8 to unlock the activity cat gear!
BTW , the light will turn red under attack just like the horizon does. Only PS exclusive!

Kremzeek

OMFG my first encounter with a Barroth and i'm like HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!??
i thought i was playing well, but i guess not. i may have rage quitted last night. i guess i need to grind for upgrades first....? also, i would love to make a water element weapon but the weapon tree says ??? so i can't. aaaargh

MickeyPhree

I don't play games online anymore but am interested in this. How much am I going to be missing out on by only playing offline?

Last edited:
Looks tempting. The only MH I've tried so far is MH4U on 3DS. It's fun and good looking, but I really only got the single player experience. It seemed that online was mostly high level elite players (MH addicts :)) and I was no where near that level of dedication. How's the online here, a little more newbie friendly?

Looks tempting. The only MH I've tried so far is MH4U on 3DS. It's fun and good looking, but I really only got the single player experience. It seemed that online was mostly high level elite players (MH addicts :)) and I was no where near that level of dedication. How's the online here, a little more newbie friendly?

If you want the Definitive Solo version go X1X, seems the PS4 versions online is spot on. Way to go Capcom. :)

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It is! You need to get to HR6 before Feb 8 to unlock the activity cat gear!
BTW , the light will turn red under attack just like the horizon does. Only PS exclusive!

Wait so if I don’t do the above by feb 8th then I can’t get the content it’s gone for good?

How's the framerate on PS4? Is it able to maintain 30fps

I'm playing on a base PS4 and while it does dip, compared to Dark Souls 3 its much better.

edit*

I don't play games online anymore but am interested in this. How much am I going to be missing out on by only playing offline?

If this is ur first experience with monster hunter u might find difficulty with handling the later game content by urself. Though u might end up loving it if u enjoy that single player challenge.

Wait so if I don’t do the above by feb 8th then I can’t get the content it’s gone for good?

I would assume at some point the content will return at a later date, but who knows - this is the first time the series have timed events

Last edited:
hi, just got this and it's the first time I play any Monster Hunter game. so first of all, can I change my character's look and stuff later on or is it once I confirmed everything I can't change it any more? also, I'm playing with a friend and would it be better to play together from the start or is it ok to just play by myself and join up on specific monsters?

100’s of hours, and as a vet hunter to me there is no “best” armor or wep unless you count the cheese of the Kelbi bow in 3U.

The brilliance of the game is the loop to create more armor and weapons each with specific ways to hunt and just get netter and more efficient.

hi, just got this and it's the first time I play any Monster Hunter game. so first of all, can I change my character's look and stuff later on or is it once I confirmed everything I can't change it any more? also, I'm playing with a friend and would it be better to play together from the start or is it ok to just play by myself and join up on specific monsters?

I believe hair and makeup can be changed, not structure. (Maybe in a future update?)

Learn some quests solo get used to movement and focus on learning your weapon, jump in with a friend if you have the opportunity. I normally am about a 50/50 split between online quests and solo.

I believe hair and makeup can be changed, not structure. (Maybe in a future update?)

Learn some quests solo get used to movement and focus on learning your weapon, jump in with a friend if you have the opportunity. I normally am about a 50/50 split between online quests and solo.

cool, thanks for the pointers. I might re-do my character in that case since I kinda want to make some changes to the face and name. and yeah, definitely going to start soloing a little to get use to the game's mechanism.

ueMalis

Neophyte
Yes, Monster Hunter World is so hot now and seems that a lot of gamers are playing it, but I still love Path of Exile more, it's more exciting

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally got the game in tonight but only had an hour to play. I think I'm going to get really sucked into this one.

WaterAstro

I went with the charged blade even though it's not a beginner weapon. Need to get used to it, but I love having advanced potentials.

I probably would have gone hammer because it's so easy to use, but everyone's using hammer.

MistBreeze

Good game but seriously when posting a mission no one join when it says preparing, I only get people to join using SOS, any work around that?

WaterAstro

There are a lot of stuff to figure out in this game that I'm not sure how to do a lot of these quests. Gotta look them up on Google, but even then, it's still pretty hard.

They try their best to teach you all the things with tutorial pop ups, but there are so much more complex systems going on. Like I need to trap a large creature. I looked up how to make a shock trap, but now I have to make tranq bombs which I can't find ingredients for. I guess maybe some things are gated by progression.

Good game but seriously when posting a mission no one join when it says preparing, I only get people to join using SOS, any work around that?

Same, honestly those who are wanting to help are simply answering SOS's instead. So probably the only thing u can do is start the quests anyway and if anyone join in mid game great - if u want help u just have to use SOS..

I looked up how to make a shock trap, but now I have to make tranq bombs which I can't find ingredients for. I guess maybe some things are gated by progression.

For tranq bombs u need sleep herbs and parashrooms, sleep herbs can be easily found in wild spire right outside camp 1 in the watery area with flowers everywhere. Parashrooms can be found in every map, theyre yellow mushrooms!

Top Bottom