• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World |OT| Where The Wild Things Are

The Arena sure is hard solo, wish it was possible for randoms to join like normal quest. Anyone who would like to help me with 4 Rathalos coins?

Edit: this is impossible it's easier just to go back to the drawing board and make sure to make a Build with no Arena gear at all.

PSN handle is Beholder-Y and I'm on right now if you need some help.

ran into the Jho while I was in Wasteland. boy am I glad I had my best set of equipment on. I was just going to run around and see if I can catch those phantom birds, but sure enough, Jho is in the area. I was actually trying to avoid it when I see it from afar, but he just followed me with my scent I guess. he picked up a Kulu-Ya-Ku in it's mouth and kept trying to hit me with it. also got Black Diablos came up at one point but the 2 of them didn't have a turf war (woulda been so awesome). I didn't cart at least, but neither was I able to kill it before it left the area. I can definitely see people who's not well prepared getting cart by it thou. huge hitbox with a few of it's moves. hits pretty darn hard and give you def down/dragonseal debuff. it's no joke for sure.

WaterAstro

ran into the Jho while I was in Wasteland. boy am I glad I had my best set of equipment on. I was just going to run around and see if I can catch those phantom birds, but sure enough, Jho is in the area. I was actually trying to avoid it when I see it from afar, but he just followed me with my scent I guess. he picked up a Kulu-Ya-Ku in it's mouth and kept trying to hit me with it. also got Black Diablos came up at one point but the 2 of them didn't have a turf war (woulda been so awesome). I didn't cart at least, but neither was I able to kill it before it left the area. I can definitely see people who's not well prepared getting cart by it thou. huge hitbox with a few of it's moves. hits pretty darn hard and give you def down/dragonseal debuff. it's no joke for sure.
I'm guessing you seen videos on how to find those birds? I just keep hopping between the SW ancient forest camp to the water area where those animals are, and then I travel to the NE camp, the diablos cave, and go out the west exit to find the dinos up top. I found them eventually after switching a bunch. I also heard they only show up during dawn. You need a ghillie for it too or they will run right away.

KanameYuuki

No gifts still but the European customer support did send me a questionnaire for this game to fill in so at least they are taking it seriously. With the deadline tomorrow and me having to travel tomorrow too, I do wonder if this will end up solving the problem though (unless they are able to make them appear in someone's item box after the deadline too). Fingers crossed I guess.

Just today I got the 7.5m gift and I've been playing every single day, hope you have the same luck on your end.

I'm guessing you seen videos on how to find those birds? I just keep hopping between the SW ancient forest camp to the water area where those animals are, and then I travel to the NE camp, the diablos cave, and go out the west exit to find the dinos up top. I found them eventually after switching a bunch. I also heard they only show up during dawn. You need a ghillie for it too or they will run right away.

oh yeah, I did look into the how, it's just something I do from time to time in between hunts to kinda break things up a little. I don't want to do it hours on end just to find them. I found that rare fish while I was on a Vaal hunt too.

KanameYuuki

Rotten Vale is the best place to try to get the rare fish and alonside on top of the pig the other super rare bird can spawn too, I had a lot of luck with the fluffy one it was like 2 reloads but the one that's stone something gave me so much trouble, took me like 4 or more hours.

Jho was a good fight. But not as hard as I expected. I hope there is a 9star version of him later.

Both the first story quest one and optional assignment versions were just 7star.

Got my 5th Xeno gem 💎, been so bored just keep joining SOS to beat him when there 20mins in or more. So little effort for 5 carves

Found a lot of random animals I missed in last week, not that unlocking cooking items is exciting

Last edited:
Finally got an attack deco at 180 hours. As for Jho, he's just another damage sponge at this point, near everyone is decked out in augmented gear so he only tickles. His lance seems pretty good though. I take it back, tempered Jho is brutal.

Last edited:
man, finally gonna be home and able to play tonight. T-Jho here I come! if anyone want help with arena stuff, let me know too. I'm more than happy to help with those.

KAOS

Damn you Vaal Hazak Gem ( Thank God for the Gold Wyvern Prints) I can finally enjoy my Berserk Guts Vaal build!

sV5p9ae.jpg

PHcHbEt.jpg

YCeRUZU.jpg

3LRdfHF.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap is the deviljo weapons make the game too easy against vanilla enemies, even nergigante was slaughter by my great sword with ease

Raitaro

fingers cross.

Just today I got the 7.5m gift and I've been playing every single day, hope you have the same luck on your end.

Well, I have been away from my PS4 till today due to a trip and after booting up the game just now I did not receive the gifts unfortunately :-(

Of course the deadline has passed now so I am not entirely surprised but still a bit bummed out that I could not continue logging in every day until the 22nd in order to miraculously get them whenever the game (servers) decided it would be my time. Frustrating this, to say the least.

And on top of that did I not get any emails back from Capcom's customer service after sending back that questionnaire...Guess I'm just screwed this time.

Last edited:
Damn you Vaal Hazak Gem ( Thank God for the Gold Wyvern Prints) I can finally enjoy my Berserk Guts Vaal build!

sV5p9ae.jpg

PHcHbEt.jpg

YCeRUZU.jpg

3LRdfHF.jpg

nice! that looks great!

Well, I have been away from my PS4 till today due to a trip and after booting up the game just now I did not receive the gifts unfortunately :-(

Of course the deadline has passed now so I am not entirely surprised but still a bit bummed out that I could not continue logging in every day until the 22nd in order to miraculously get them whenever the game (servers) decided it would be my time. Frustrating this, to say the least.

And on top of that did I not get any emails back from Capcom's customer service after sending back that questionnaire...Guess I'm just screwed this time.

(On a completely unrelated(?) note I just booted up Dragon Ball FighterZ for the first time thinking to myself how odd it was that there is no intro cinematic of any kind after the company logo's and before the title screen, and lo and behold, I just read online that there is supposed to be one that I am not seeing! It seems some people had this happen when they stored their save file on an external HD or something, but I am not one of those people! How the heck do I keep getting these weird non-game breaking but nevertheless still irritating glitches!?)

sorry to hear that... :(

Raitaro

sorry to hear that... :(

Thanks for reading along and being supporting. If there is any update, I'll make sure to report back in case anyone else had the same problem or - worse - if something similar happens to more people with regards to future gift packs etc. At the very least it might be worth documenting these kind of oddities here.

Thanks for reading along and being supporting. If there is any update, I'll make sure to report back in case anyone else had the same problem or - worse - if something similar happens to more people with regards to future gift packs etc. At the very least it might be worth documenting these kind of oddities here.

yeah. in the mean time, just enjoy the hunt. Jho is out at least so that's one more monster and a lot of extra gear for you.

KanameYuuki

And don't forget about April event so you will have a chance to catch up on lots of unique limited gear and hunt easy crowns, which I realy hope I get because so farm I have only like 6 out of 58 I think.

Definitely don't miss out on the Wiggler when it rotates back in. Playing support SnS gives you an excuse to use all those items you've been farming.

atpbx

Holy crap is the deviljo weapons make the game too easy against vanilla enemies, even nergigante was slaughter by my great sword with ease

Not only is his rank 6 hunting horn one of the most powerful in the game and capable of white sharpness with only a bit of handicraft, its got the best notes as well.

Cost naff all materials and like 16k or somethig to build. Ive been having a right hoot with it.

KanameYuuki

Don't forget to do this week events for a new Helmet + Giant Kulu guarantee and the Vale one is amazing for crowns so pretty much 9 easy crowns this week. Bounty is also hunting some Bazel so you will kill two birds with one stone with the event one having a lot less HP.

WaterAstro

Man, I like this game, but I have no desire to go back for the events. I think the Horizon event, killing a bunch of anjanath's, really felt boring. It's too bad these are time limited. I don't want to go back until I get some meaty big update, and not just one monster. Maybe after several monsters though.

Grinchy

Banned
The trophy for the 50 guild cards is kind of annoying. I go into servers with 15 people and send it out and I’m lucky to get 1 or 2 back. It’s gonna take 100 server jumps to get these.

Grinchy

Banned
I got super lucky and people spammed me with those, as usual when one doesn't care about something it happens.
Like when you switch to a new weapon and need a low rank monster part and it never drops and never gives you an investigation. So you just keep loading back into an expedition pissed off lol

Vawn

Banned
The trophy for the 50 guild cards is kind of annoying. I go into servers with 15 people and send it out and I’m lucky to get 1 or 2 back. It’s gonna take 100 server jumps to get these.

I've hit the cap of 100 without trying. I've never sent one out or asked. With the amount of time required to get all the other trophies, especially all large gold and mini crowns, the 50 guild cards will come automatically.

WaterAstro

Guild cards are annoying. I get sent cards now and then when I started playing, and eventually got to the limit, but it's even more annoying that you still get invitations after hitting the limit, and the popup will stay there until you decline the invitations. So annoying to deal with.

KanameYuuki

I was using Bow as secondary weapon but got tired of hoping for decents decoration and right when I made a crap ton of HBG gear and weapons promising that I wouldn't touch Bow again a mighty bow deco drops lol.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I've hit the cap of 100 without trying. I've never sent one out or asked. With the amount of time required to get all the other trophies, especially all large gold and mini crowns, the 50 guild cards will come automatically.
They definitely weren't going to come automatically for me. I made a squad with my buddy and we just always jumped into a squad room to play together. I was 180 hours into the game before I ever went into a regular lobby or even fired off my SOS lol. I am 200+ hours in without even completing 10 SOS for other people.

So now I'm just purposely hopping servers and sending out my card in the hopes that people send one back. Sometimes, I can go to 4 servers and get 0.

WaterAstro

I was using Bow as secondary weapon but got tired of hoping for decents decoration and right when I made a crap ton of HBG gear and weapons promising that I wouldn't touch Bow again a mighty bow deco drops lol.
I find that the bow is more consistent since the slicing nerf. HBG is great for long range and LBG is great for short range, but you have to be in the optimal range to do max damage. Bow just seem consistent where I could just spam shots.

The ranged weapons can't stack against melee weapons though, and friendly fire isn't too big of an issue in this MH. I'd rather use melee and help stagger the monster because bow can't do that while slicing is nerfed.

Grinchy

Banned
I've gotten all the trophies now except for 50 arena quests and all gold crowns. That might have to be a stopping place for a while. The RNG nature of the crowns really makes that one a strange grind.

I knocked off a few of them with this week's rotten vale event, but even that took 3 or 4 rounds of almost 20 minutes each. I guess I'm just supposed to wait for the 4 monster grouping events and just grind away at it all day and hope for good RNG?

Last edited:

KanameYuuki

I've gotten all the trophies now except for 50 arena quests and all gold crowns. That might have to be a stopping place for a while. The RNG nature of the crowns really makes that one a strange grind.

I knocked off a few of them with this week's rotten vale event, but even that took 3 or 4 rounds of almost 20 minutes each. I guess I'm just supposed to wait for the 4 monster grouping events and just grind away at it all day and hope for good RNG?

Pretty much, its the most sane method and waiting for events like Kulu with guaranteed 1 monster crown, even with Effluvial Opera it took me like 5-7 hours to get a damn mini Odogaron, my plan is to hunt for elder crowns since those aren't so far in the rotation, and make sure to wait for any events so I don't end up getting frustrated and hating the game. Been doing great so far, only missing both mini and giant for Teostra and Kirin but I don't have that many investigations unlike with the others. 6th can't come soon enough.

Spring Event is here and lots of old event quests that you might have missed are back with it. Make sure to get your Wiggler and Kulu heads. And obviously don't miss getting the new rocket Great Sword, it's pretty much best in slot by a huge margin.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I am jumping on here and there for this spring event, but mostly just to try to knock off some gold crowns. I think I finally hit the burned-out phase as grinding crowns is just not fun or rewarding. It only took 220 hours to finally be almost done with this game!

KanameYuuki

I wish It would have been 10 gold and silver for every monster instead, there is nothing rewarding about crown hunting, if anything doing it is full of pure frustration, even when you finally find a big ass monster or a tiny one most of the time it won't update a previous record, much less be a gold, I've been stuck hunting for Mega Dodogama for so long, I'm only missing 5 to be done with it but instead of feeling closer if anything it is more and more further away from me.

The new GS is a great excuse for me to finally give that weapon a try, I only wished the new Spring set wasn't so bad, I want to use it but there is nothing decent about it, I can sacrifice some useless innate skills if there is always a chance to use some decos like I've done for fashion on some of my sets, but on that one it isn't the case at all.

grinded the Rockman stuff for my Palico and it's pretty funny having it run around like that. got most of the spring fest stuff and now working on getting some of my less use weapons and lower tier armors while stock piling the hard armor spheres from the event. need to complete a couple of the other armor sets I want too.

I'm sitting at about the same on trophies, just short on the crowns right now (I like the rainbow color for the collect all pets thing too lol) and I'm not even really out to hunt them and I already got one of the small gold crown trophy. I'm just going to let it happen and not even sweat over hunting it. the game is still pretty fun to me even at my ridiculous played hours too.

Only took me 210 hours to get a Guard Up deco. Still have yet to see a Mighty, Pierce or Fungiform deco. At least I got most of my weapon Streamstones thanks to Tempered Jho.

Last edited:

Raitaro

Bit of a semi-late update on my problems with regards to not being able to claim those 7.5 million gift items, but it actually got solved :)

At some point I got a reply from Capcom support that the items would be claim-able again during the Spring event and just today I finally had a moment to try logging in. Lo and behold: the items simply showed up on the daily login screen after pressing X to skip the normal daily items (and despite the gift pack title no longer being displayed in the text box above of course)!

No clue what caused these initial problems for myself and what seems to be a handful of Reddit users - which remains a bit frustrating in light of future stuff being distributed the same way - but at least this issue got solved. Thanks for reading along and hopefully the same solution applied to anyone with the same issue even if they did not contact Capcom (UK) support.

Pejo

So I haven't proper tried out Charge Blade since MH4U, what are 3 good CB's to make to cover my bases to give it a real go? I'm thinking either Nerg/Jho, Diabolos, and maybe a Thunder Element one since almost everything is weak to Thunder? Are there better choices?

So I haven't proper tried out Charge Blade since MH4U, what are 3 good CB's to make to cover my bases to give it a real go? I'm thinking either Nerg/Jho, Diabolos, and maybe a Thunder Element one since almost everything is weak to Thunder? Are there better choices?
It's pretty unanimous that you really only need 1, the Blos CB's massive elementless raw puts it ahead of the others. If you don't have elementless deco then Rathian and Nerg will last you until you get there.

I have been using deviljo weapons, since the elements barely make a impact.
1100dmg great sword (250? dragon dmg, elder seal and 60 fire dmg from armor) ect.

Raw power, more power, foot to the floor power
Raw power, full power, out on the floor power, here we go, here we go

Hyped for DMC DLC in 2 weeks, but do we know whats coming after that?

Last edited:

splattered

I never really messed around w my bow builds too much ... Fully beat the game and built leveled up load outs w charms and weapons based around the different elements and basically stopped around level 55 or so. I see a lot of people making raw damage builds but I think I also see that the grind for needed decorations are a pain so not sure if I even want to do that? Did all the optional quests during this spring festival that give you armor and the ignition sword (but haven't finished mega man yet)... I read we're getting Dmc and chun-li the end if this month but I really want more new monsters. Deviljo was fun but I want more. Made his bow and haven't used it yet.

splattered

So soon too! Looks amazing... hope they can keep up this momentum.

Only complaint for me at this point is limited inventory slots for your armor & weapons.

Would love to see a dedicated room in your place where you can store more gear and maybe even see some chosen setups on display etc

Allandor

well it was a nice game but I sold it because I couldn't look at it for long. Has anybody else this problem?
I really don't know why bud my eyes had to concentrate to much to read anything. First game that hurt my eyes :-(

splattered

well it was a nice game but I sold it because I couldn't look at it for long. Has anybody else this problem?
I really don't know why bud my eyes had to concentrate to much to read anything. First game that hurt my eyes :-(

What system were you playing on? On XB1X I don't have that problem but older console version looks muddy and washed out... maybe that's why?

Pejo

Check out what just appeared on youtube:

edit: replaced link with english version.

New free #MHWorld update coming your way: Kulve Taroth Siege. New limited-time game mode starting April 19 ✨

More details here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...agon-kulve-taroth-new-limited-time-quest-type

Just saw this vid. Awesome stuff. We're getting Relics back too, which means RNG endgame weapons. Good for those of us that needed something else to grind. I hope there are some unique models too, instead of just randomized stats.

Top Bottom