• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1 early 2018, PC later, directed by MH4 lead planner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/874437932416880640

Monster Hunter: World confirmed for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One early 2018! PC version coming at a later date. #MHWorld

DCKgqJPV0AAgCjc.jpg:large

EDIT: Details sheet
DCKohSyUMAAu6Ze.jpg:large

Looks like a "modernized" take on Monster Hunter, including detective vision/glowy bits tracking, stealth mechanics, non segmented level design, faster machine gun like bowguns (you can even move while shooting), environmental destruction, monsters fighting each other, and, uh, a grappling hook? Actual melee combat wasn't really shown much except for MH4-style mounting.

Screenshots said:

Art said:

Box said:

I was not a fan, personally

Daedardus

Need to see whether this will deliver. If it does the better, if it doesn't, let's hope the Switch rumours still hold.

Thoraxes

It looked like something I don't want to buy. The gameplay looked really bad. The visuals were great though!

But at least the visuals mean they have some good HD assets for the next mainline game. TGS should be fun.

_Clash_

I am cautious

did not appeal on first impression

but i like Monster Hunter and have access to this

but man...gameplay looked bad

Looks like the worst monster hunter spinoff. Cannot imagine anyone who put in time to the mainline series is excited for this.

MegaMelon

C+p from the other thread.

Man that sure was different to what I thought I'd see. Dissapointed that we didn't see any actual Monster Hunting instead glowy item gathering and cinematic mumbo jumbo. Hopefully the other part of the runour is true and we'll see an actual MH in line with previous ones on switch

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So it obviously was the best looking game in the series. But it didn't wow me compared to other games shown for PS4/XB1.

It also appeared to make significant changes that might not appeal to Japan.

I'm not sure this is going to be able to stand out. Seems like a rather muted reaction so far.

Zexen

Still disappointing that it is a "westernized" version that won't put as much weight in hunts preparation as the normal games.

jchap

Looked great, I'm surprised reactions are so mixed.

Guess it wasn't mind blowing.

After watching it I know nothing about how it will actually play. Similar to any MH reveal trailer.

Want to see more but I know I'll get it just because its called MH

Visuals look outdated when i saw it on the stream and combat looks pretty jank. Will reserve judgement until theres a gameplay slice.

Eolz

Looks like a "modernized" take on Monster Hunter, including detective vision/glowy bits tracking, stealth mechanics, non segmented level design, faster machine gun like bowguns (you can even move while shooting), and, uh, a grappling hook? Actual melee combat wasn't really shown much except for MH4-style mounting.

I was not a fan, personally

Same. Looked bland and felt off on a lot of details.
Stealth next to a monster, particles to show places/items to loot, grappling hook, old animations with new graphics, etc.
Will try on PC at least, but it's at the same time better and worse than expected.

Qvoth

haters don't realize the significance of this
an MH title back on sony console is HUGE
whose to say if this becomes successful the mainline won't jump over?

Since there were multiple unanswered questions about why I no longer cared about the Switch MH. It's because.

Because I'll be getting that for PC (likely) or PS4 instead? I was only going to get the Switch version because I didn't think Capcom would ever bring it to PC or Console due to wanting to keep development costs down.

But, we'll see.

Wanderer5

Yay Monster Hunter on PC (that is coming overseas that is :p) could be so nice, even through I will probably still prefer portability for this series. Shall see how this goes then, cause it does look kind of bleh for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom