• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter X (3DS) announced

Nibel

CGU-41jUkAAoc2F.jpg:large
Winter 2015 in Japan

Watch the trailer

Screenshots

Impressions via Adam Evanko

Built on 4G engine looks like the flashy action of MHF in the main series looks amazing

Unbelievable new super actions for all weapons much more than just a few new moves

Focus on the hunter and doing flashy and cool action

Concept is taking the action and making it stkish and varied enough thy everyone can find their own unique style

So they are bolstering the actions in both variation and number

They are saying this will be much mire technical and has lots of style

Classes now have special attacks tha you can activate as an accent to the action

This interests me greatly. I love the nuances of the Insect Glaive and Charge Blade in MH4U so hearing that this game will focus on more technical combat is music to my ears. I just wonder, will this be a traditional hunting game?

Shengar

Not really felyne it, honestly. Lets see how it goes and how it try to be differ from the mainline games without cannibalizing it.

Screenshots are awful quality. Can barely make out shit. However, this'll likely be a day one purchase. My japanese n3DS waits in hot anticipation.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Screenshots are awful quality. Can barely make out shit. However, this'll likely be a day one purchase. My japanese n3DS waits in hot anticipation.

Yeah the MH4/G screen were also complete shit ...thank god it looks way better in motion xD

Yeah the MH4/G screen were also complete shit ...thank god it looks way better in motion xD

Yeah the screenshots really undersold how good the game looks when you actually play it. There must be a way to get better screenshots without downsampling, unless I'm mistaken? I have a feeling I am though.

EDIT: I see Testucabra, Najarala and Rathalos in the screens...wonder if those will be 3 of the 'main' monsters. I'm also wondering how deep the hunting elements go.

krossj

So judging by those screens it is MH4 but with different combat? The combat is not what should drastically change about the series. Still interested to hear more.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah the screenshots really undersold how good the game looks when you actually play it. There must be a way to get better screenshots without downsampling, unless I'm mistaken? I have a feeling I am though.

Yeah its really weird - maybe they think because its MH they dont really need to sell it on the graphics via screenshots when they have trailers and demos anyway....but is still shocking to see such bad PR shots on a mayor release - even if its 3DS.

btw. I expect this game to benefit even great from the n3DS than 4G did. You probably will want to upgrade if you still in the OG model.

yurinka

Why 'Cross' in the name? Crossover with other IP? Maybe just announced for 3DS but will finally multiplatform? Maybe related to Nintendo NX?

Edit: @aevanko said 'x cross stands for the 4 styles the 4 new monsters the 4 villages etc' in Twitter

fedexpeon

Banned
Can't see shit.

This.
The graphic keeps getting worse and worse.
I can't barely make out the pixel art.
WTF is the 4th picture supposed to be?
A black armored hunter blocking light arrows?

We will never get MH again on a powerful console if people keep buying MH on 3DS =/.

This looks way fucking better in motion. Also it looks like it's only using some areas are 4, there are new places and new monsters.

In other words, be excited. Hopefully the proper trailer is uploaded soon.

We will never get MH again on a powerful console if people keep buying MH on 3DS =/.

Yeah how dare those JP developers make a game for their main market.

Top Bottom