• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS announced, launching March 18, 2017 in Japan

Dystify

EX8oKjq.png

Announced on the Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct. Click here for the trailer.

There's also a Japanese follow-up live stream for Monster Hunter (not just about XX though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTH8F0G3gbE

Some new stuff:
  • 2 new Hunter styles (now 6 total)
  • A new area
  • Main Monsters were shown (See image)

I guess this is the Monster Hunter title Capcom expects to sell 2million units of in this FY.

Pudd

Neo Member
As in the other thread...near the end something of DLC X -> XX was mentioned. Does this mean Double Cross is coming as a DLC to normal X users or you can translate your save data?

If yes, I would buy Generations now. :)

Kouriozan

Looks great, I guess the 3DS version has 0 chances of localization though.
That 6th style looked like stronger items one.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My guess is there's also a Switch version and its probably a launch title. Mar 18 release confirmed?

Seriously, does nobody else find it interesting it releases on March 18?!? The same month the Switch is launching and around a date where it can launch in March??

This confirms a Switch version to me.

As, so 2 new hunter styles. I thought it was going to be 6 Player Hunts!

Interesting to see the shillouette of the other hunter style. Explosives based? Could be cool.

Also:

Monster Hunter Double Cross |OT| Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
As, so 2 new hunter styles. I thought it was going to be 6 Player Hunts!

Interesting to see the shillouette of the other hunter style. Explosives based? Could be cool.

Also:

Monster Hunter Double Cross |OT| Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
6 would be too op; traps for days

Eolz

Sounds like there'll be a Switch launch port as it woukd make sense yeah.
Good to see save transfer being there as well.

Now just have to bet over MonHun5 being announced (no pics/footage) on the Switch event or at TGS :p

They probably want to talk about the Switch verison

but January 12th is probably a hard lock for everyone right now

Pretty sure Capcom just stealth gave us the actual Switch release date lol

Phoenixus

Even if it also releases on the Switch at launch date, I don't see the game getting translated overseas simultaneously. :p

hamchan

A Monster Hunter to play as a Switch launch title? Nice. Can put the device through its paces over a hundred hours with this game then.

Caim

The airship is a new hub.

Other than the new Brave style the mysterious second style showed a hunter with a barrel above their head so maybe Bombing?

Prowlers will be able to use Adept and Aerial too.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I still hope that Styles don't make it to MH5 or they increase Monster Difficultly accordingly because styles are too OP in my opinion and MHG was easily worse than MH3U and MH4U.

So much for saying they were not making a "G" version of MHX huh? Well I guess it technically doesn't have G in the title but still...

Top Bottom