• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

Cerium

9d2ceec7f2.jpg
TRAILER

TV COMMERCIAL

Save transfers and cross play with 3DS confirmed:

Bundle with themed hardware announced. Main unit will also have a special design:

Comparison Photos Courtesy of Gaijinhunter:

Flarin

From the stream footage it doesn't look that much better (visually speaking) than the 3DS version. Kind of a bummer.

I know I can import, but I would love if at E3 we get an announcement of a worldwide release relatively close to the Japanese one, if not the same day.

Here's to hopes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks great and the release is earlier than expected.

Goodbye 240p Monster Hunter.

Looks like it can also play against owners of the original Monster Hunter X/Generations! o_O

Meaning even if they leave the 3DS ver behind in JP, there's still cross play with Generations! Smart! I assume fights against XX-only monsters are not compatible right? Was X and XX on 3DS already compatible with each other?

Capcom keeps finding ways to not make next-gen assets for Monster Hunter. Can't wait for this series to actually get some good looking art when they are forced to make the next version.

selo

Looks the same heh. Cool that it supports cross play. Will it take a year to get localized though :eek:?

Ridley327

Am I crazy to think this will release in the west in 2017?

Not crazy, but I'm not sure where there's a good spot for it with what we know is coming out, especially with Monster Hunter Stories hitting in October. I expect that this will be a February/March title to give it a bigger spotlight.

Would like to be wrong, though!

Eusis

Ohhh, save transfers? And MHX data can be imported into XX on 3DS... hope it can go X->XX 3DS->Switch and by proxy carry that over to Generations and... Generations Ultimate? Generations X? Generations Generations? Whatever.

vareon

Looks exactly as expected, a cleaner, better res textures of the 3DS version. Won't mind a bit when I'm shooting giant cannons on Brachydios.

Top Bottom