• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Capcom keeps finding ways to not make next-gen assets for Monster Hunter. Can't wait for this series to actually get some good looking art when they are forced to make the next version.
Why the hell would you expect next gen assets for a quick 3DS port? Get real for a second. Going from 240p to 1080p is already a huge upgrade. Obviously the asset update won't be here before a non-3DS MH.

Not crazy, but I'm not sure where there's a good spot for it with what we know is coming out, especially with Monster Hunter Stories hitting in October. I expect that this will be a February/March title to give it a bigger spotlight.

Would like to be wrong, though!

No one wants Stories.

I really hope Capcom does not have that mindset.

Ridley327

Ohhh, save transfers? And MHX data can be imported into XX on 3DS... hope it can go X->XX 3DS->Switch and by proxy carry that over to Generations and... Generations Ultimate? Generations X? Generations Generations? Whatever.

You don't even need to go that far, as they confirmed that you can directly transfer from MHX to MHXX Switch.

Hope it's 60fps. It was basically locked 30fps on New 3DS despite the game usually being unlocked frame rate.
MH3U was 1080p 48fps~, Switch should be strong enough to have it at 60fps

Ohhh, save transfers? And MHX data can be imported into XX on 3DS... hope it can go X->XX 3DS->Switch and by proxy carry that over to Generations and... Generations Ultimate? Generations X? Generations Generations? Whatever.

X->XX 3DS is always possible
X->XX Switch and XX 3DS <-> XX Switch is newly announced

ggx2ac

Good thing it looks like from the trailer that I can save transfer from Generations to this assuming... this comes out in the west.

It has to.

It might not work X to G. But the others it does.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks like it can also play against owners of the original Monster Hunter X/Generations! o_O

Meaning even if they leave the 3DS ver behind in JP, there's still cross play with Generations! Smart! I assume fights against XX-only monsters are not compatible right? Was X and XX on 3DS already compatible with each other?

Why do you think that? You can import your save but it's a one way transfer. You can't play with people who have it.

likeGdid

Looks like I expected it would, which is still okay. Since it's probably not pushing the switch too much, maybe battery life will be pretty good while playing?

PKrockin

From that screengrab I posted earlier, it looks like you use hunter arts with a face button, probably in combination with one of the shoulder buttons. See at the bottom right:

6KLHexQ.jpg

Ridley327

Looks like I expected it would, which is still okay. Since it's probably not pushing the switch too much, maybe battery life will be pretty good while playing?

Solo play, perhaps, but I'm sure local multiplayer is going to nuke that battery fast. If Capcom was smart, they'd be getting with a portable battery company right now to make MH-branded batteries and watch the money pile up.

Eusis

You don't even need to go that far, as they confirmed that you can directly transfer from MHX to MHXX Switch.

X->XX 3DS is always possible
X->XX Switch and XX 3DS <-> XX Switch is newly announced
Oh damn, should've looked closer. Then yeah, that's reason to get back into MHG if anything.
It might not work X to G. But the others it does.
If you're interpreting that as cross region importing, no, I wouldn't expect that even with no region lock on the 3DS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They're probably going to release Generations Ultimate this year on 3DS anyways. The only reason to delay it to next year is to give it space with Stories.

Kebiinu

Banned
Yo. The Switch first year is absolutely insane. We still have Fire Emblem Warriors, Odyssey, Stars, and Xenoblade this year alone. Not to mention E3 and the titles inbetween, as well aa what's been released.

deleted

This is coming way earlier than expected for me. Was thinking winter at the earliest for a Capcom stop gap, but this is right after Splatoon 2.. That's a heavy hitter line up for Nintendo Japan now.

PKrockin

Switch d pad
pls no. That would be bad. Not to mention the D-pad has always been used for camera and navigating the menu. Shortcuts for hunter arts on New 3DS is HA1: R+X+A, HA2: L2, HA3: R2. Surely they will go with the Dragon's Dogma-like solution and have it be shoulder button+face button.

vareon

Considering how close it is to the 3DS version, I'd say this is developed alongside the 3DS version but it was just scheduled to release on summer.

Forkball

Is MHXX out in Japan for 3DS? With these features I can see a lot of people double dipping. Maybe a simultaneous Switch/3DS release for the states?

Hope it's 60fps. It was basically locked 30fps on New 3DS despite the game usually being unlocked frame rate.
MH3U was 1080p 48fps~, Switch should be strong enough to have it at 60fps

MH3U should have been 1080p 60fps on Wii U. It's just a 3DS game with high res, but since it was Capcom, they didn't give a crap.

*thinks about Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Xenoblade*

Kimishima: “I don’t think we can readily achieve the target of selling 10 million consoles.”

Top Bottom