• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX announced for Switch, PC, and iOS

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX

Koei Tecmo has announced Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX for Switch, PC (Steam), and iOS. It will launch on December 9 worldwide.

The differences between the new collection and already released digital versions are as follows:
  • Save Data Slots – All the save data slots that were sold individually for the currently available digital versions (one slot for 120 yen, 12 slots for 980 yen) are available from the start in both Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2.
  • More Freeze Slots – Increased the number of Freeze slots to store monster data from 10 to 20 in both Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2.
  • Original Sounds Added – “Original Background Music” has been added to the “Sound” options in Monster Rancher 2.
  • Training Memo – Added a feature to check the training record in both Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2.
  • Monsters from the Western Release – Monsters from the western release have been added in Monster Rancher 2.
  • High-Speed Mode – Enjoy the game at high-speed in both Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2.
  • Random Battle Rankings – Added rankings for random battle results in both Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

bce267c2ae0709190c7a7dcc2277767c.gif

EkFyITLVgAEL0BQ.png

The Snake

I believe there was an interview somewhere that it would work by the player typing some random word, and that word would summon a monster.

Can't confirm for sure, though.

I seem to recall this is how the Gameboy Advance ones worked, so it doesn't surprise me.

I mean there's really not any other way they could do it.

Zambatoh

They even kept the wobbly textures from the original PS1 version. They actually went out of their way to do that on modern hardware.
Unless it's secretly running on an emulator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom