• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon landing conspiracy and Flat Earth conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weilthain

Banned
I don't believe everything that the government is doing but there is literally NO sane reason why they should "cover up" that Earth is flat or faking the landing on the moon.

But hey, theres billions of people on this GLOBE who believe that there exists some kind of "god" too so believe in whatever you want to believe! Doesn't make it true though
What if there was more land out there rich in resources, or other civilisations (aliens)? Would that be a good reason?

some of you have literally no imagination if you seriously can’t think of a reason why the governments of the world might be hiding things from us and keeping us in place thinking there is nowhere else to go

Starfield

Fuck, you're right. Is this the place where they are hiding Charlie's Chocolate factory too? I always knew it's real.

Willy Wonka you sly mofo. We need to free those Oompa Loompas or however theyre called.

Last edited:

Starfield

I'm not against conspiracies btw, I just believe that "flat earth" and "fake moon landing" is just straight up trolling. I'd rather believe in something like a 9/11 conspiracy than this bullshit.

If you wanna talk real game then talk about how economy is controlling EVERYTHING. Including politics and whatnot.

Hotspurr

Banned
Alright, the only way I see to reason with this is to come down to the level of reasoning of flat earthers, so here goes:

1. If the Earth is flat, wouldn't the bottom just fall out? For such a huge structure, there is nothing to support it. A round earth solves this problem.

2. Wouldn't the Earth buckle at the edges if it was flat and had massive ice walls? A round earth solves this buckling problem.

3. Wouldn't we eventually lose most of the Earth's water? Though the giant ice walls prevent things on the ground from moving past them, clouds can still drift off the Earth into space. A round earth solves this problem.

It's just basic physics. A flat Earth could not exist based on the above.

Starfield

Why don't you flatearthers all buy a boat together and travel far up north to get to "the edge of the world". Make a livestream on twitch so we can watch.

Yeah, I'm out now.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Alright, the only way I see to reason with this is to come down to the level of reasoning of flat earthers, so here goes:

1. If the Earth is flat, wouldn't the bottom just fall out? For such a huge structure, there is nothing to support it. A round earth solves this problem.

2. Wouldn't the Earth buckle at the edges if it was flat and had massive ice walls? A round earth solves this buckling problem.

3. Wouldn't we eventually lose most of the Earth's water? Though the giant ice walls prevent things on the ground from moving past them, clouds can still drift off the Earth into space. A round earth solves this problem.

You are stuck on the pizza in space narrative the government feeds everyone.

you have to get over that it’s not a disk floating in space.
I'm not against conspiracies btw, I just believe that "flat earth" and "fake moon landing" is just straight up trolling. I'd rather believe in something like a 9/11 conspiracy than this bullshit.

If you wanna talk real game then talk about how economy is controlling EVERYTHING. Including politics and whatnot.
watch this and stop saying it’s a troll, it’s getting real old.

Weilthain

Banned
Why don't you flatearthers all buy a boat together and travel far up north to get to "the edge of the world". Make a livestream on twitch so we can watch.

Yeah, I'm out now.
You mean south.
Antarctic treaty. We’ve discussed this already.

god damn basic bitches

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
There are many people doing experiments all the time trying to find curve and they can’t. We can see further than we should on a globe 24000 miles in circumference.

You have to believe that what you are seeing is refracted mirages bending over the curve just making it seem like they are in line of sight.

Someone please refute why the photos from the moon aren’t real. Don’t just type into google, actually watch the bit in the video I posted and explain why these experts are wrong. You won’t see this on tv or in mythbusters.

you have to watch it to understand what I’m talking about. Come back and say why it’s wrong.

Last edited:

zeomax

There are many people doing experiments all the time trying to find curve and they can’t.
I asked you this already. Show us a video where someone is trying to prove that the earth is round and fails and not a video that tries to prove that the earth is not round. All flatearth videos or experiments are trying to prove the earth is not curved but not providing any evidence of an another shape.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
There are many people doing experiments all the time trying to find curve and they can’t. We can see further than we should on a globe 24000 miles in circumference.

You have to believe that what you are seeing is refracted mirages bending over the curve just making it seem like they are in line of sight.

Someone please refute why the photos from the moon aren’t real. Don’t just type into google, actually watch the bit in the video I posted and explain why these experts are wrong. You won’t see this on tv or in mythbusters.

you have to watch it to understand what I’m talking about. Come back and say why it’s wrong.

What do you make of this experiment of looking at things actually on the Earth...:

Weilthain

Banned
I asked you this already. Show us a video where someone is trying to prove that the earth is round and fails and not a video that tries to prove that the earth is not round.
People are doing experiments using zoom cameras over water where they can calculate how much curve there should be.

there are hundreds and hundreds of videos which prove there isn’t a bulge in the water blocking line of sight, when according to the model we are given, there should be measurable curve.

you can try and use your Jedi mind tricks to make it sound like this isn’t a problem for the globe model. But that doesn’t work on me.

What do you make of this experiment of looking at things actually on the Earth...:

Peter303

You going to watch that video yet and tell me why the moon landing photos are real?
2 hours 16 mins in is when it starts.

GO!

I've watched the video an I agree that those photos do seem faked. However, I think the documentary makers may have cherry picked a selection of photos that exhibit lighting issues that fit the narrative, or maybe a lot of photos were actually faked in a studio.

There's plenty more moon photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/albums that don't fit the fake narrative.

I'm not decided either way and remain open minded about the moon landings.

Starfield

I’ll be back later I need a rest from all this bitch slapping.

don’t talk shit about me when I’m not here
I think you're mentally ill and should visit psychological therapy. See I even quoted you so you don't have to fear I'm talking behind your "back".

Please don't buy or own any firearms.

Weilthain

Banned
And yet you haven't posted a single one.
“Oh yes I have”
“Oh no you haven’t”
“Oh yes I have”
Etc etc

I think you're mentally ill and should visit psychological therapy. See I even quoted you so you don't have to fear I'm talking behind your "back".

Please don't buy or own any firearms.

Want to have a crack at the photos yourself? Debunk anything? Got any proof of anything?

Mockery and insults don’t work on me.

Flattery on the other hand does I get pretty embarrassed.

Blade2.0

“Oh yes I have”
“Oh no you haven’t”
“Oh yes I have”
Etc etc

Want to have a crack at the photos yourself? Debunk anything? Got any proof of anything?

Mockery and insults don’t work on me.

Flattery on the other hand does I get pretty embarrassed.
If only your brain was as full as your lips 😍🥰

Weilthain

Banned
If only your brain was as full as your lips 😍🥰

URR1ZCg.jpg

Put the camera on the table and not below the table and make this "experiment" again. And second, i never saw a giant lens floating around in real life.
The flatearth claim is the atmosphere, with the water in it, acts like a lens.
Why would they expand and contract. What force would cause that?
It is more mysterious than that, a small sun, one as small as they claim, I think that would have issues with fusion and being able to do fusion for billions of years. It would have to work through some other mechanism.

A potential explanation for the movement of the sun in a flat earth model might be to say the earth is part of a simulation.
Edit: Also I don't know what they gain from everybody thinking the Earth is round.
Some flat earthers, religious ones, claim it is to hide the creator, make people feel they are in an insignificant speck of a planet amongst trillions, and thus more easily control them.
I will take any faithful religious person over moon landing deniers. We have telescopes, that you can visit, which you can visit and see the shit we left on the moon.
As I said earlier, robotics can be used to leave that stuff there with no need for manned missions. Stuff on the moon/=Man was on the moon.
Why did the flag act a certain way on the moon. Why did the shadows act a certain way. Why can we not really see the stars in the photographs. I have seen every one of those questions answered in a satisfactory way when exploring said topic.

There are multiple moments when the flag moves, not just the easily debunked one. There is one where the flag suddenly starts moving on video with no astronaut near and the vehicle like 10 meters away, yet it is claimed perhaps a small gas emission caused the flag to start moving on video, iirc.

1. It is unknown how things work in the model, one claim is there is water above and below, perhaps infinite water?
2. Claim is it isn't in space, and perhaps gravity doesn't work only density through electromagnetism.
3. Some say it is enclosed in a dome.

People are doing experiments using zoom cameras over water where they can calculate how much curve there should be.

there are hundreds and hundreds of videos which prove there isn’t a bulge in the water blocking line of sight, when according to the model we are given, there should be measurable curve.

you can try and use your Jedi mind tricks to make it sound like this isn’t a problem for the globe model. But that doesn’t work on me.

Another video showing another possible explanation for apparent curvature is atmospheric distortion.

Nymphae

Banned
Show us...someone is trying to prove that the earth is round and fails and not a video that tries to prove that the earth is not round

You mean like the famous Michelson & Morely experiment that attempted to detect the presence of Aether, based on assumptions about the Earth's rotation around the sun - but ended up showing, to a very high degree of accuracy, that there was no measureable rotation?

Timestamped at part explaining the experiment

"So the natural interpretation, and even Einstein admits this...is that the Earth isn't moving. So how do we get out of this? Well you invent special relativity, and now you say, well the reason that light beam wasn't affected when it went toward the motion of the earth, is because the aparatus shortened"

"The contraction of mass was invented to explain away the results of the Michelson/Morely experiment"

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You mean like the famous Michelson & Morely experiment that attempted to detect the presence of Aether, based on assumptions about the Earth's rotation around the sun - but ended up showing, to a very high degree of accuracy, that there was no measureable rotation?

Timestamped at part explaining the experiment

"So the natural interpretation, and even Einstein admits this...is that the Earth isn't moving. So how do we get out of this? Well you invent special relativity, and now you say, well the reason that light beam wasn't affected when it went toward the motion of the earth, is because the aparatus shortened"

"The contraction of mass was invented to explain away the results of the Michelson/Morely experiment"

Michelson–Morley disproved the existence of aether per the old theories, not the rotation of the Earth, which is directly observable.

You haven't even gleamed the surface. Look up the cult of saturn, a cult of the high society types in Italy maybe 300 years back to see that those in power usually believe shit a LOT crazier than flat earth

I mean, if our leaders and architects of society believe in crazy shit, partially, it doesnt even matter if the crazy shit is even real. Not saying it isnt, but when people who have influence believe this stuff, it effects the progress of mankind.

So, my advice? You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one.

Last edited:

Magik85

Did any of flatters ever explain why we can see night sky rotating in opposite directions on northern and southern hemishere?
Or better question....how can you explain a simple phenomenon like polar day/midnight sun at antarctica?
How can this work on antarctica being all arround the flat earth?

zeomax

The flatearth claim is the atmosphere, with the water in it, acts like a lens.
But the humidity changes through the day, is different in different places (dessert or at the see for example). That mean the distance where objects disappears changes depends of the time, season and place?
Another video showing another possible explanation for apparent curvature is atmospheric distortion.
unbenannt71jhl.jpg

Why are the light poles unaffected by this phenomena?

A yes the famous Michelson & Morely experiment, the flatearth favourite experiment. Please read again what this experiment was about. Don't simply parrot over and over again the same few claims that have been already disproved hundreds of times.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
the capacity at which some 'thing' applies force measured in quantity or frequency gives you mass, it's not a big mystery

mass and weight share a linear relationship

atomic clocks verify time dilation unless yer one of those 'space maths' types, there's many more observable experiments one can provide

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
It always goes back to space maths to explain why they can’t just stick a camera on one of these rockets and just send it off into space to prove this nonsense.

I’m about to start drinking again so forgive me.

Last edited:

zeomax

It always goes back to space maths to explain why they can’t just stick a camera on one of these rockets and just send it off into space to prove this nonsense.
Please be honest. If they would do this would you then the things you would see in this pictures accept as true?

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
You didn't answer my question.
That was a “maybe” I did answer.

I added context by pointing out that even though man was driving cars on the moon and live streaming it in 1972, no space agency or private company like Richard Branson have simply put a camera on a rocket and sent it of into deep space to film the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom