• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - Fan Translation Project Almost Done (Testing Phase)

1upsuper

I can't wait for this translation to finish! I've been dying to play this game and for more people to learn about it for a long time now.

Love that a translation is still in the works. I'm not too interested in playing it, but man the soundtrack is phenomenal. I might end up playing it one day just because of that.

pje122

Any new news on this? Really, really looking forward to it.

Oh wow, why would cj_iwakura be banned? Let's further shrink our pool of worthwhile contributors.

Any new news on this? Really, really looking forward to it.

Oh wow, why would cj_iwakura be banned? Let's further shrink our pool of worthwhile contributors.

He had his own annoying/shit-posty habits, though they didn't really appear in threads like this one.

Seeing this thread bumped got my hopes up. I suppose this is not abnormal for the fan-translation scene though. These things take an extraordinary amount of time, especially since most can't dedicate themselves to it full-time. It's for the better anyway, a game this obscure won't get many chances in the spotlight once it's been translated. Might as well ensure you have something polished before you release it into the wild.

Has anyone played any of the other Love-de-Lic titles, Lack of Love or UFO: A Day in the Life?

I liked Chulip and Rule of Rose which were supposedly made by former employees. Those fortunately got localized though.

cj_iwakura

Ready to ship!

9zorZp3.png

Lol.

bxElT8F.png

There we go.

It still has music bugs, though.

Every time I've come across a copy of this game during my year in Japan, I've been reminded of this damn thread -- it's torture. I'll wait until the end of time if I have to.

cj_iwakura

Small updates from Esper:
i redid the VWF and such
lots of bug fixing
i found quite a few
but the big thing was music was messed up
my god that was a pain in the ass
but i still got quite a few bugs left
too many
:)

MrSelachidon

Neo Member
It's been nearly a year since the last big update and I have to know, whats the status on this translation and whats been the big hold up?

Despera

Banned
It's been nearly a year since the last big update and I have to know, whats the status on this translation and whats been the big hold up?
Esper is juggling multiple translation projects and apparently this one took a back seat. Probably due to all the bugs coming up.

Not sure if he's making progress in other translations either.

MrSelachidon

Neo Member
Esper is juggling multiple translation projects and apparently this one took a back seat. Probably due to all the bugs coming up.

Not sure if he's making progress in other translations either.

I see, does Esper have a place where he makes announcements or daily progress reports on his various projects? I'd like to see what else he's got on his plate and what he's been doing as of late.

MrSelachidon

Neo Member
You know, I've been wondering, since there was a magazine article showing a translated version of this game, is there a chance that version exists somewhere?

MrSelachidon

Neo Member
By the way, it'll be the 21'st anniversary for the game soon!
It was released on October 16, 1997! Let's hope we hear some news about it soon.

Link1110

I see EsperKnight mentioned in this thread. A couple years back I was working on a project with him and then real life got in the way and I lost touch. What's the best way to get in touch with him

cj_iwakura

So it's basically in an effective open beta of sorts if you want to swing by the discord. If not, just take my word for it that it's coming along swimmingly. The game is playable from start to finish now.

Rotini Noodle

Neo Member
So it's basically in an effective open beta of sorts if you want to swing by the discord. If not, just take my word for it that it's coming along swimmingly. The game is playable from start to finish now.
Was wondering if I could get a Discord invite to try the translation out? I've been following this for years, can't believe it's finally happening! :eek:

parmdaddy

Neo Member
Kind of funny/sad that an official English translation + port is coming when a 5-year-long PSX rom translation patch was apparently somewhat close to completion

cj_iwakura

Kind of funny/sad that an official English translation + port is coming when a 5-year-long PSX rom translation patch was apparently somewhat close to completion
It was on the verge of completion, testing and all, but alas. We're sitting on it for now, but in all certainty, it's being cancelled now, so we don't hurt the official's sales.

Top Bottom