• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, the greatest game ever, might get a sequel.

GhaleonQ

http://www.4gamer.net/games/027/G002744/20101012064

http://twitter.com/Route24

Google Translate said:
13 years since its release. Game was more memorable record that "moon" to start the sequel?

Was released on October 16, 1997 ASCII, PlayStation software for "moon" you will know.

The film is to develop the Rabuderikku is, RPG's standards also say "even the cooperation of the people hero, the adventure alone confront Evil" posed a question mark head on a piece setting.
But not only ironic, but unique graphics, a unique character, different genres of BGM, RPG system and being ambitious Incorporating an intermediate game and adventure game, a story also important was.
In sales and blockbuster Although it may not, for many of those who played at the time, a work which left a strong impact considerably.

From the sale of such a moon, on October 10 that year's round 13 in a few days.Mr. Nishi Keniti served as producer of the film, Twitter, on suddenly, "you'll like the sequel to the moon soon ^ ^" that he made a statement.

Apparently, talking about before transplantation but was often raised, but the realization came to 至Razu Really, it was a sequel to the story from the producer Such timing, moon happened on Twitter who have seen out west of the topics above, it was casually Tweet.
A result, much more than he had imagined sequel calls for the West gathered from Twitter users are somewhat surprised that ... but, 状況Rashii today.
That is, in fact, not that there is no concrete move has begun. But Mr. West, moon calls for greater if the sequel, while looking for a sponsor promoting proper planning, you also commented that the staff started to develop at the time of collecting.

At the same time he was the West, moon request is looking for a sequel on Twitter. moon requests to the moon and those who have a sequel, the hash tag "# moon2" Let's Tweet on.

Personally moon soundtrack, "THE SKETCHES OF MOONDAYS ~ WE KEPT OUR PROMISE TO YOU ~" It is also expected to be resumed ... download sales.

Basically, Tweet "#moon2" and we'll get a sequel?

Here's the story so far: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376513

For God's sake, someone with Japanese knowledge needs to tell me what's going on.

totowhoa

Banned
Well, you deserve it, sir. Loved your other thread.

And I want to play it, and I would pay twice over to do so.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
GhaleonQ said:
http://www.4gamer.net/games/027/G002744/20101012064

http://twitter.com/Route24

Basically, Tweet "#moon2" and we'll get a sequel?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376513

For God's sake, someone with Japanese knowledge needs to tell me what's going on.

He's been tweeting about it for a few days now, which is nice considering it's been mostly dog blogs for the past few months. I really hope it gets done (and I really hope he uses us to do the translation!)

GhaleonQ

sprsk said:
He's been tweeting about it for a few days now, which is nice considering it's been mostly dog blogs for the past few months. I really hope it gets done (and I really hope he uses us to do the translation!)

SPRSK. SPRSK. Someone inform all of the blogs and websites, cheap or not, Cubed3 and Adam Riley, John Teti at Eurogamer/The A.V. Club, and especially 1-Up (since Ray's interested in it). Patrick Klepek knows of it, too.

The person at lovedelicgames.wordpress.com just gave up hope, too. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

DMG-01

Hopefully translated too. After reading your thread about the original, I was less than pleased that I'd never play it. :(

GhaleonQ

*revives from fainting* Google Translate on his Twitter feed yields this, basically:

He plays coy about a Moon sequel.

People say that they're still big fans, and he says that he loves it.

Someone was planning on doing a Moon sequel without him, possibly (maybe Skip?). That's totally scrapped, and now they're just at the point where they're deciding if they should do it. The relationships are clear(?), but he needs sponsors (financial?) and he needs to hear the voice of the people. He says that he has a lot of great ideas for it.

It won't be portable.

He thinks up the #moon2 tag to judge fan output.

His new dog is named Mog, and there's something about Mog and Tao (his dog that recently died, a doppelganger of which was in Giftpia, Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, and Captain Rainbow) and their relationship with Moon. I think that he's quoting the prophecy from the game, but instead of calling for Tao (a puzzle ingame), he calls for Mog.

Some person says that he buy it without the original members. This clearly refers to developers laters. He says don't worry about it. They will.

He says it's not a sure thing, but feel free to discuss the possibility. Before he can assemble the old gang and "love" (as in the game), he needs money for development costs.

There are some heartwarming conversations with fans.

There's something about the original locations in the game from someone else, and he writes something about it needing to sell, possibly?

He says that he's looking over old reviews of Moon. He says that it won't be that hard to convince executives, because the original only sold 20,000 copies or so. Someone should really translate that bit.

He needs to worry about advertising costs as well as packaging, because the design has to look nice. (He may be referring to the 1st game.)

There's something about the port (which Adam asked thanks to my urging!) and he says that it probably wouldn't sell. I think he says that he said, "No," to it.

Some guy asks for a high-definition remake, and he says that costs would be prohibitive.

He mentions "they" porting THE ORIGINAL GAME(!) to a portable system to make it profitable, but I'm still not sure if it's going through or not.

He said that timing and money prevented an earlier remake release or sequel.

He says that fans of the art will be happy, meaning that Kurashima would probably be on board, though they're still only talking.

More heartwarming stories follow. Some person asks how long they'll have to wait, and he says that they haven't started.

There's something about it being a full moon and how he wants to honor Tao by releasing it (or news about it or something) on Tao's birthday.

Please be patient, he writes! They're talking.

GhaleonQ

He ties in Moon to animal outreach efforts. He hates people who abuse or steal animals, and he's politically active about it.

He writes more about the game mechanics.

"Speaking of moon @ mik_maiya sequel (and not portable) so I was speaking of, try to move a little. When you put it to materialize, then the best regards for your help. Hash tag "# moo2" A search can be seen opinion. I'm proud of coming from yesterday ^ ^ v"

He's "silently counting" #moon2 tags. He was at 251.

He posts about 4gamer's post.

Wada says something about it selling 200,000 for a smash hit! He responds by saying that it just got a PS BEST designation, but that it "is quite a cult. Thank you."

He tells some jokes about the upswing in #moon2 tags after the article. He says for everyone to please achieve it.

He doesn't comment on speculation about gameplay.

"October 13 moon years ago, was released. Tao is also 13 years old who died last October. If you look like you think I'm the same age from the moon I got a new start when creating Tao. Profound."

Then, he wrote, "Thanks!" to my message!

He quotes some Moon fanboy about Ibirii saying that, "He promised his son." This is a reference to the game and a reference to the full soundtrack's name, "We Kept Our Promise To You," because it came out a long time after the game and was sent to those who waited after ordering.

WHEW.

Jonnyram

GhaleonQ said:
He mentions "they" porting THE ORIGINAL GAME(!) to a portable system to make it profitable, but I'm still not sure if it's going through or not.
When I read this, I thought he was just talking about a Game Archives release, since there's little work involved and it builds up awareness.

GhaleonQ

Jonnyram said:
When I read this, I thought he was just talking about a Game Archives release, since there's little work involved and it builds up awareness.

I saw your tweet. Thanks!

Also, I have very little clue what he wrote, but no one else was translating it. If anyone can do better than making do, go for it.

If I had twitter I would support this.
DUDE. DUDE. Someone inform all of the blogs and websites, cheap or not, Cubed3 and Adam Riley, John Teti at Eurogamer/The A.V. Club, and especially 1-Up (since Ray's interested in it). Patrick Klepek knows of it, too.

The person at lovedelicgames.wordpress.com just gave up hope, too. WHAT IS GOING ON?!
Why don't you just go ahead and do it? It's not like you're going to get anything else done it seems :lol

GhaleonQ

I should be doing hw said:
If I had twitter I would support this.

Why don't you just go ahead and do it? It's not like you're going to get anything else done it seems :lol

Done and done. Kohler's on the case. Are you people not posting/tweeting better than Chris Kohler? No! You're not! John Teti thinks it's cool, and you want to be cool, right?

Again, I wrote in the other topic that I reserve the right to freak out about this 1 thing in an immature, typical games commenter way. DON'T MAKE ME SPEND IT EARLY.

eXistor

That would be amazing, Moon is one of those games I wanted to play so much, but for obvious reasons, can't. At least there's a renewed chance that this might be localized...right?

Twitter though? I'll ask my colleague, he's into that shit.

GhaleonQ

handofg0d said:

Thanks, I forgot it.

Pinko Marx said:
You let RPGFan know? I know someone over there is a big fan of Moon.

I just did. Thank you for reminding me.

Also, some Japanese person posted this: http://twitpic.com/2x9nxb That's the pristine original soundtrack. Those would be worth serious cash with a pristine copy of the game.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
We seriously need another game like Moon in this day and age where creativity in the games industry is at a low point.

Boney

Banned
Man seeing you so agitated is so funny.

I'm surprised he isn't considering handhelds.. Anyway, crossing my fingers!

randomkid

I'm amused that both Eurogamer and Gamasutra refer to a "translation by fans on forum NeoGAF" which is basically Ghaleon's breathless reinterpretation of the Google Translate text.

In any case, hope this news means that there's a chance for an English version of the original, as unlikely as that is.

GhaleonQ

To cut down on stupid text by me, just assume that I thank everyone hereafter. That much should be obvious. Thanks, everyone!

randomkid said:
I'm amused that both Eurogamer and Gamasutra refer to a "translation by fans on forum NeoGAF" which is basically Ghaleon's breathless reinterpretation of the Google Translate text.

PROFESSOR GhaleonQ to you.

Look, Alexander O. Smith went to my school, so we'll put him on the case should good things happen.

Edit: I can't back that up.

Boney said:
Man seeing you so agitated is so funny.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I've set aside my theology texts and speechwriting homework to pull an all-nighter flash-tweeting. Wait, check that. Very embarrassed. Boney, I give you permission to laugh.

GhaleonQ

@Yasuhiro_Wada #moon2 In dreams! Would you help if #moon2 was made? Good luck at Grasshopper. Thank you for all of the stellar games.

@GhaleonQ Well I shall imagine it should be!

Not that it's confirmation or anything since the game doesn't exist, but I'd love for Wada to help them put it out through Grasshopper. Brownie Brown guy wants it, too.

Also, 1 of 2 major game blogs down!

GhaleonQ

Yoshiro Kimura, I think, is talking about/is sad about the project, just as he was in the other Love-De-Lic topic. Taro Kudo isn't on Twitter, and Vanpool is just hiring for a project.

http://twitter.com/#!/yoshiro_kimura

Kimura Shiyou yoshiro_kimura 朗
Well, but, well, because it is not - this is love, maybe two good. Terribly sorry to water. I thought, I murmur that this kind of high difficulty. Sleep. Good night. # Moon2
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
MOON2 ... but not so they are actually gentle Shitakatsu opposition. 2 to write a story that, because I feel like something wrong # moon2
MOON2 talking about, I have the kind of tweets, I'm glad you all seem to be praised old self. Chaimasu to apologize. # Moon2
Direct from the west so I added, it is embarrassing, even a word or two, I'll think I muttered. # Moon2

"Muttering" is what they call Tweeting, so I think he writes that he should say a word or 2 about it. The tweets make him happy, but it will be very hard. Does he say that a sequel wouldn't be fitting for the game? Before he goes to bed, he emotes about how much he loves the game, but he thinks it's too good to be true. Right?

nexen

Your other thread really, really made me want to play the first one. I'd rather that gets localized to english but this is good too.

GhaleonQ

Kimura went to bed conflicted, and woke up:

@madamluna Thanks.I am deeply considering how can we make sequel of moon.if i make my mind flash well with good Idea for it. I am glad too.
@madamluna Oh did you notice already? ! I hope I can work well for the future .
@GhaleonQ thanks a lot.I want to make good game as much as possible till the end of my limit.

Top Bottom