• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morbius trailer

sol_bad

They might not have found a place for another character in it. Sony have already spoken of their own Spider-Verse so I doubt putting characters in their Spider-Man movies would limit that world they want to create.

There is absolutely no need for ...... Vulture to be in a Morbius film, this is just Sony basically flopping their dick out to say they can now use Spidey based characters created in the MCU. Hell, the end credit scene of Venom takes place in a jail, they could have easily put Toomes in there as a surprise appearance.

Add to the fact that the poster with "murderer" written on it having the Raimi suit just screams that they don't have Marvel's approval to use the MCU suit.

i would make benicio del toro morbius if it were up to me

vanityfair_toronto-international-film-festival-benicio-del-toro-sicario-tk.jpg

i go with a more comic book look

MaestroMike

Gold Member
lol never knew this character existed until the leaked picture thread the other day. lol just call the movie Dracula

sol_bad

lol never knew this character existed until the leaked picture thread the other day. lol just call the movie Dracula

Can't really do that. It's actually kind of weird. In Marvel comics there is a Dracula character.

I know Marvel don't own Dracula but because Morbius is comic book based, I wonder if Sony would need to ask for permission to use that character in this sort of situation.

VulcanRaven

Can't really do that. It's actually kind of weird. In Marvel comics there is a Dracula character.

I know Marvel don't own Dracula but because Morbius is comic book based, I wonder if Sony would need to ask for permission to use that character in this sort of situation.
Dracula is actually public domain:

I watched the trailer again and it looks good. I wonder if Morbius will appear in the upcoming MCU Blade movie? Most likely he won't but it would be great.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Preview looks way better than I ever anticipated. Keaton and Leto in the same movie gives me very high hopes considering the writing should be on par with Homecoming/Far From home. Super apprehensive though as I fell asleep before Venom became Venom, hopefully they can give us more meat than an origin story that leads deeper into the connected Spider-world.

Still got this in a box under my bed, maybe the movie a can bump the value
51LTFZER9%2BL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

sol_bad

Preview looks way better than I ever anticipated. Keaton and Leto in the same movie gives me very high hopes considering the writing should be on par with Homecoming/Far From home. Super apprehensive though as I fell asleep before Venom became Venom, hopefully they can give us more meat than an origin story that leads deeper into the connected Spider-world.

Still got this in a box under my bed, maybe the movie a can bump the value
51LTFZER9%2BL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Why would you think the writing will be on the same level as Homecoming and Far From Home? If you look up the writers you'll see that they have done some terrible films.

Hinedorf

Banned
Why would you think the writing will be on the same level as Homecoming and Far From Home? If you look up the writers you'll see that they have done some terrible films.

Completely and ignorantly based on the fact Keaton took the role in the first place. I have faith enough in Keaton and Leto as actors to pull something above average out of their asses for Sony.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Looks very meh.

Spider-man grafitti.

Oh look it's Michael Keaton. Is that the villain from Home Coming? I don't get it because that was the MCU.

Cgi looks like dirt.

How does cgi still look like 90s effects in 2020?
Hollywood recycles actors.

sol_bad

Completely and ignorantly based on the fact Keaton took the role in the first place. I have faith enough in Keaton and Leto as actors to pull something above average out of their asses for Sony.

It's yet to be seen if Keaton is a main character or if he is a 5 minute cameo.

Hinedorf

Banned
It's yet to be seen if Keaton is a main character or if he is a 5 minute cameo.

IMDB has no name associated to Keaton, he has to be reprising his Vulture character in some form that will tie into being the antagonist of this story and introduce spider man/venom as well.

Turnt

Kinda sucks that the trailer's stinger is about confirming it's apparently in the MCU. That it's set up for people to care more about that kind of meta thing than the actual film's story.

manfestival

I kinda dig the fact they are making villain movies. I am curious as to why people are against such movies existing.
The trailer looks ok. It didn't get me hype like other trailers. I will probably watch this, also not a fan of Jared Leto. When are we getting our Carnage movie??

sol_bad

I kinda dig the fact they are making villain movies. I am curious as to why people are against such movies existing.
The trailer looks ok. It didn't get me hype like other trailers. I will probably watch this, also not a fan of Jared Leto. When are we getting our Carnage movie??

Carnage seems to be in Venom 2.

Top Bottom