• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Division info from New Years {Brooklyn}{Skill Advancement}

ViciousDS

Banned
since Hitmann is gone and all hype is now lost due to the......now new moderator of the ubisoft forums XD. Figured I would keep the info coming since I garnered a bunch of interest from the alpha test in December.

In Tom Clancy’s The Division, you will evolve in a very large part of the iconic New York City. The famous Manhattan and Brooklyn neighborhoods can be explored in a reconstituted version of as closely as possible by developers.The agents will explore a living world, marked by weather and day / night dynamics.

We also learn that skill advancement in The Division is linked to the three branches of a meta-base or Forward Operating Base (FOB) inside the game known as the Base of Operations. The Base of Operations will serve as your hub within The Division where you can find your contaminated loot extracted from the Dark Zone, as well as develop your skills by completing main story and side missions among other things.

The three branches of the Base of Operations are Security, Medical, and Technology. With each level in a particular area, you will unlock a mod or skill beneficial to that particular skill tree.

Security Branch

Security Each mission will allow the city to benefit from better defenses against multiple threats and civil protection forces increased. Safety skills will give you an important defense and will make you perfect tanks in a team.

Medical Branch

Here is the ability of the city to give care to the wounded and sick to be in. In terms of skills, they are perfectly suited to players who wish to evolve as support and care for their teammates during combat.

Technology Branch

The development of the technological infrastructure of New York will play a decisive role in its reconstruction. Guests receive weapons and latest gadgets developing this branch.

The Division is fully connected. The entire experience The Division will be played cooperation in teams of 2 to 4 players. Hubs will be scattered in New York and will allow players to form teams. Cooperation will also strongly recommended for certain missions. That said, you is quite possible to do this lone wolf and achieve the solo missions.

This was all loosely translated from the official french blog which can be located here

http://blog.ubi.com/fr-FR/tout-ce-que-vous-devez-savoir-sur-the-division/

Note that brooklyn has since been removed from the article which leads to me possibly thinking it might have been leaked too early and was supposed to be a surprise. Who doesn't want to fight across the bridge to the brooklyn area?

Also what interests me is the word that they used for the 3 branches which definitely seem to have the holy trinity in roles there.

Tanks, DPS, and Healing with healing/support in the medical as well.

Makes me wonder what kind of "dungeons" and "raids" we might get. Which honestly is whats holding me back.....I want PvE. Don't care for the Gank Zo...............I mean Dark Zone.

If you want beta access don't forget you can use the amazon ez mode way. Pre-order from amazon and cancel your pre-order once you receive your beta code. Amazon places roughly a $1 pending if I remember correctly until launch day for shipping. Just cancel for easy beta access :).

Also on the hitmann ordeal....just read the thread below starting at page 12.....its 2 pages of reading and you get why it happened by the end

just read the last two pages of this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084553&highlight=division&page=12

It gets more obvious why as you go on and one Gaffer does a really, really great explanation on why as well.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
man the more i hear about this game. the more i really hope for the best. they keep announcing the right things. but then again so did Rainbow6 siege.

ViciousDS

Banned
I hope they eventually include all four boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Jersey City).

I just want to fight all the way to Montauk and finish at the light house lol. Then we go by the ocean to some other city in an expansion or the division 2 lol

Yoday

I feel the same way about dungeons and raids OP. I have absolutely zero interest in the Dark Zone, and if that truly is the focus of the end game then this will be a one and done game for me. The holy trinity is definitely there in some form, as there are healing abilities and tanking abilities complete with threat mechanics. I really hope the don't screw this up, as I have been interested in this game for a very long time and the comment that the Dark Zone is the endgame focus absolutely killed my very high post Alpha hype levels.

LifEndz

Might wait for a price drop or more content if the dark zone is the only endgame content. We're really close to march and yet so much of this game is unknown.

ViciousDS

Banned
I feel the same way about dungeons and raids OP. I have absolutely zero interest in the Dark Zone, and if that truly is the focus of the end game then this will be a one and done game for me. The holy trinity is definitely there in some form, as there are healing abilities and tanking abilities complete with threat mechanics. I really hope the don't screw this up, as I have been interested in this game for a very long time and the comment that the Dark Zone is the endgame focus absolutely killed my very high post Alpha hype levels.

I feel you. PvP focused end game......especially one that's focused on dark zones would make this an extremely niche game and the population would suffer hard. That's why destiny Has so many players. I could honestly never touch PvP and enjoy the game 100% because of how fun the raids can be. But going into PvP is always rewarding for the most part and you don't have to worry about winning or losing in destiny for the most part to get gear and have a halfway decent time. Dark zone though......is just asking for troll/gank city. They really need to allow players the option to flag themselves in there or let us pick our playstyle in the beginning.

Those who pick PvP get the dark zone that is now. Those who pick pve get a flag system like mmorpgs. This would only be for the dark zone

garath

I'm really excited for this. I preordered at best buy for a slew of discounts. After all rewards and such I think it's about 35 bucks for me. More than worth taking a chance on it. I love Tom Clancy style shooters and having a co-op game like this sounds great.

Top Bottom