• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III news coming in future... maybe at E3...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wording or not, there better be more news of those games at E3. We haven't seen or heard anything new about those since last E3.

sn00zer

As Bravely Default has been doing so well, we have decided to turn FFXV back into a traditional JRPG with turn based combat....see you in 2017!

This news would make me very very sad

kmax

Matsuda-san also admitted that Square Enix may have been too focused on globalizing its target, losing focus on who they were making games for. He brought Hitman Absolution as an example for 2013. The game was created with the idea of having a wider appeal and gain popularity with new users, however best part of the Hitman games is that they are very hardcore games, and many fans were frustrated when focus on that was lost, causing the Absolution to struggle with Sales.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...square-enix-jrpg-fans-are-all-over-the-world/

It's good that they recognised this. Trying to appeal to the mainstream shouldn't be done at the expense of the experience that made the previous games so great to begin with. It's great that you're trying to reach a wider audience, but do that by making the best product that you can, instead of trying to second guess yourselves.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Sony are treating Destiny like an exclusive, and rightfully so - it's going to be huge.
I'm certainly hyped, and have been since the original announcement. Actually, probably moreso now that I have the PS4 and know how the system is capable of running. Have Bungie said if PS4 has been the lead platform for development?

Then it will suck. I am getting tired of all the Destiny focus in their conferences.

Destiny will be the most important third party multiplat game for Sony post-E3, for any forseeable future - it should rightfully have a big blowout at E3.

I'm playing Tomb Raider now, which I didn't expect much from initally but came to really like, so I'm seriously stoked about a sequel, which I'm hoping will be next-gen only and have a big showing as well.

I'd also be somewhat disappointed if we didn't get new info on FFXV, preferably with a release window. KH3 should still some ways off? Not expecting much there.

KHIII being there means both games are still early as fuck in development. Now if they brought XV alone, I'd take it as being more, definite news about it.

Now it's probably just another 2 teasers, "get excited till 2017 rolfmao"

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Matsuda-san continued with a very interesting statement about the global appeal of JRPGs:

He mentioned that there are games like Bravely Default with solid JRPG elements made for the Japanese market that sold well worldwide. Although there are regional differences, and it wasn’t very visible until recently, Japanese RPG fans are spread all over the world. When the latest information is released in Japan, fans everywhere in the world can receive it instantly (you’re welcome, Matsuda-san). No matter if you’re in North America, Europe or South America, there’s no information gap.

According to Matsuda-san, if all those customers are summed up, they are a good number, and it looks less like a niche market. He believe that for games developed in the future, having powerful and rich stories that are very JRPG-like can create good results if they’re focused properly on the right target.
Really? Only now they realized this?
I now hate SE and i don't really want to be hyped but this makes me hope a little for Type 0 :(

nbnt said:
Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III News Coming at E3 #1

I almost read it as "could be possible" but not actually having it 100% confirmed.

This is how I read it in the original Nikkei article.

wbGcO8u.gif

Nerokis

This is how I read it in the original Nikkei article.

Why would he even mention E3 in the context of those games if it wasn't very, very likely they'd have some news to share, though?

In any case, this was a surprisingly good read. It's rare that I go through a Yosuke Matsuda article without cringing. He seemed to actually take a surprisingly long view with his statements.

Why would he even mention E3 in the context of those games if it wasn't very, very likely they'd have some news to share, though?

In any case, this was a surprisingly good read. It's rare that I go through a Yosuke Matsuda article without cringing. He seemed to actually take a surprisingly long view with his statements.

No... don't bring logic and optimism in here. We can't have that. /s

Ushiwaka

Same trailer with two seconds of new footage incoming?

Deep down in my heart, I want to believe that XV will be playable this E3. :(

Shinta

Banned
I'd be pretty shocked to not see something on XV, considering it's been a year. I don't expect anything on KH 3 though, nor do I think they really even have to show it now. They'll probably have reveals for Deus Ex 2 and Tomb Raider 2, and possibly the new Hitman, and maybe Triad Wars.

Abriael

Banned

Thankfully someone gets it.

He simply says "I think we'll be able to share in the future, like at E3"

If they weren't planning to show them at E3, he would have omitted the "E3 Nado." You don't explicitly name a conference if you aren't going to deliver.

Too much focus on wording (to omoimasu - I think, is a very common interjection in this kind of context, and it doesn't really express uncertainty), too little on context.

With his Bravely Default doing well "globally" comment, was he basically admitting that they should be localizing their games? Or am i reading to much into that?

I'll keep my expectations low just in case.

Kikujiro

People told me he is worse than Wada and he's gonna make S-E even worse, so why is he saying all these reasonable things?

The "JRPGs are not actually such a niche market" and "we focused in the wrong direction with Hitman" isn't something you expect to hear from a CEO. It's actually pretty surprising and as a fan I'm happy to see they are getting it.

In before pessimistic Kagar... oh wait.

KoopaTheCasual

It's a bet that was made with Kagari way earlier this year.
She bet you that it wouldn't show up at e3???

Idk man, sounds like you got the bet in the bag. Cause you can bet there would be a shitstorm if SE doesn't talk about it's biggest game at the biggest show of the year.

Nibel

"He mentioned that there are games like Bravely Default with solid JRPG elements made for the Japanese market that sold well worldwide. Although there are regional differences, and it wasn’t very visible until recently, Japanese RPG fans are spread all over the world."

Are you fucking kidding me

This has been the case since forever

KoopaTheCasual

People told me he is worse than Wada and he's gonna make S-E even worse, so why is he saying all these reasonable things?

The "JRPGs are not actually such a niche market" and "we focused in the wrong direction with Hitman" isn't something you expect to hear from a CEO. It's actually pretty surprising and as a fan I'm happy to see they are getting it.

In before pessimistic Kagar... oh wait.
Well to be fair, this is the most level headed any of us has seen Matsuda. He normally is a by the numbers kind of guy, with interviews that seem incredibly out of touch with fans. This, however, seems like he woke up to one of the most obvious truths of the current JRPG landscape. It's a no brainer, yes, but it's good to see progress from a guy, who used to count money all day long.

I don't see substantial details for KHIII coming for years yet. That "now in development" tag on the last trailer rings all sorts of alarm bells.

I'm an optimist. The time is right - it's been a year without substantial info so it makes perfect sense to showcase some more XV. KHIII I'm not even too concerned with at the moment, though. If it's there, great!

Dark_castle

As Bravely Default has been doing so well, we have decided to turn FFXV back into a traditional JRPG with turn based combat....see you in 2017!

This news would make me very very sad

Then I might skip it altogether. The main reason I'm looking forward to FFXV is because of its action-oriented Kingdom Hearts battle system.

NateDrake

I'm an optimist. The time is right - it's been a year without substantial info so it makes perfect sense to showcase some more XV. KHIII I'm not even too concerned with at the moment, though. If it's there, great!

If it shows at E3, you won't get substantial information. We'll get a new trailer and nothing more. I don't see a release date happening at E3

Top Bottom