• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III news coming in future... maybe at E3...

DieH@rd

Banned
I almost read it as "could be possible" but not actually having it 100% confirmed.

mfmhoj.png

If it shows at E3, you won't get substantial information. We'll get a new trailer and nothing more. I don't see a release date happening at E3

And I'm fine with that, so long as it's an actual new trailer and not a recut with 2 seconds extra footage. I imagine they'll drip feed a little more over the days after like last time, anyway. And then TGS (where they can add 2 extra seconds ha!)

MechaX

And this is coming form the same company where they flat out said last E3 that they weren't going to make the same mistakes as years prior and would actually disseminate consistent information on FFXV...

Yeah, I'm not expecting any concrete news until maybe TGS.

Foffy

Banned
The news is more about their new approach to delivering the right game to the right audience more than KH and FF's talk. And I like what I'm reading there. I really hope they go back at reading the market better, streamlining everythere is something that killed Hitman and many other series.

Killed Hitman? Isn't the new game aiming specifically for ideas conceptualized with Blood Money? How they announced it was almost an apology for making Absolution...

sublimit

Banned
Matsuda-san also admitted that Square Enix may have been too focused on globalizing its target, losing focus on who they were making games for. He brought Hitman Absolution as an example for 2013. The game was created with the idea of having a wider appeal and gain popularity with new users, however best part of the Hitman games is that they are very hardcore games, and many fans were frustrated when focus on that was lost, causing the Absolution to struggle with Sales.

Tomb Raider Reboot should have been a much better example based on that context.

I always wondered if the Japanese side of SE have studied these old games themselves thoroughly in order to come to their own conclusions of what the games used to be instead of listening to the bullshit coming from Crystal Dynamics.
Probably not though because if they had really played and tried to understand the games then they would have removed Crystal from the franchise and offered it to another studio.

Oh and i expect nothing substantial from XV in terms of news in E3.I'm tired of SE's empty promises.Probably they'll show a slightly different trailer of what they have been showing a million times already.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thankfully someone gets it.

He simply says "I think we'll be able to share in the future, like at E3"

If they weren't planning to show them at E3, he would have omitted the "E3 Nado." You don't explicitly name a conference if you aren't going to deliver.

Too much focus on wording (to omoimasu - I think, is a very common interjection in this kind of context, and it doesn't really express uncertainty), too little on context.

Because their goal is E3 so they point out E3. Just because they namedrop doesn't mean they HAVE to deliver.

UrbanRats

at this rate, if they do it will be a tight fit so hard to say

If they had a new FFXV trailer, as in: New in-game footage, there's hardly any other game i'd rather see.
Unless it's a 2 hours Last Guardian conference.

Let them drop the Ubi stuff that we'll see at the Ubi conference anyway.

THIS. Them understanding that westerners buy Japanese games not in spite of their uniqueness, but partially because of it, is so important. This is what SE has been screwing up for the entire 7th gen. This is why FF XIII sucked; they said several times that they wanted it to be popular abroad, and were looking at western games to inform key design decisions.

I can only hope that this heralds a return to the glory-days of old for Final Fantasy.
Amen, nephew.

Amen.

I just can't get excited about FFXV. We have been waiting for so long...and the trailer was running on a high end PC. Who knows how it will translate to PS4? The lighting and physics were something else IMO.

I want to see this game running on PS4 before I get excited

"He mentioned that there are games like Bravely Default with solid JRPG elements made for the Japanese market that sold well worldwide. Although there are regional differences, and it wasn’t very visible until recently, Japanese RPG fans are spread all over the world."

Are you fucking kidding me

This has been the case since forever

I know, I don't understand. Surely that was just a mistranslation? They couldn't possibly be surprised that traditional JRPGs can sell outside of Japan? Did they just cover their eyes in the SNES-PS2 eras? wtf

---

Anyways, if FFXV isn't at E3, I'm going to be massively disappointed. They said they would start showing the game a lot more after last E3 and we've had basically nothing since then. I would love to see KH3 as well, but being realistic, XV is more likely. Please SE...

So there will be new vocal info on KHIII (confirmation on Gummi Ships or that neat Keyblade gun thing we saw a few months ago) and a new trailer for XVersus using old footage. Understood.

my expectations can't possibly be lower.

All i need is proof that this game is actually real and isn't some bullshitware thats kept around burning money for image sake.

I really hope more news on them comes at E3, but did he really say more news is coming at E3, or did the author of the article just interpret "more news in the future" as "possibly at E3".

rdrr gnr

at this rate, if they do it will be a tight fit so hard to say
They can take SSM's slot.
I just can't get excited about FFXV. We have been waiting for so long...and the trailer was running on a high end PC. Who knows how it will translate to PS4? The lighting and physics were something else IMO.

It will be worse -- no doubt. The question is just how much.

My hope is that we see a PC version, but that's probably expecting too much. *sigh*

I hope it is actual trailers this time instead of teasers. I am pretty excited to see what the KH team is working on. They are the only part of Square that I think have not lost their luster.

Axass

No shit, FFXV is supposed to come out this year for fuck's sake, we've yet to see a real time demo since 2007! There's no way the game is gonna make it this year.

Although there are regional differences, and it wasn’t very visible until recently, Japanese RPG fans are spread all over the world.

You gotta be kidding me? FFVII coming out and making jRPGs mainstream was around 1998 right? It's been visible only by 16 years. Good job noticing Square Enix!

Tagg9

I know, I don't understand. Surely that was just a mistranslation? They couldn't possibly be surprised that traditional JRPGs can sell outside of Japan? Did they just cover their eyes in the SNES-PS2 eras? wtf

I know, it's unbelievable. All of the Final Fantasy games since VII have sold substantially more in the west than they have in Japan... how is this news to Squenix?

Top Bottom