• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Until the policy changes to "We comment on rumors and speculation"

The official comment from Microsoft was something along the lines of, "We currently don't have plans to bring Halo 3 to Steam."

Which really doesn't mean anything. They could announce the game tomorrow and that would mean that they now have the plans.

If you guys are looking for more bullshots, here is the link for Bungie.

http://halo.bungie.net/projects/halo3/asset_thumb_viewer.aspx?cc=21&at=59

Here is the explanation as to how these shots are created

When your 360 is taking the screenshot, the game actually shows the image being slowly produced tile-by-tile. Basically, it's crazy supersampled.

H3_GhostTown03.jpg

H3_GhostTown02.jpg

H3_GhostTown01.jpg

H3_Avalanche02.jpg

H3_Blackout01.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whatever happened with Steamworks on PS3? Everyone made a big deal about it at the time and it seems to have gone nowhere.

Nothing since Portal 2 PS3. Steamworks integration was planned for CS:GO PS3 but was dropped when Valve decided against cross-platform MP. It's worth noting that Portal 2 and CS:GO are the only two console games Valve has released since 2011, so at the moment the score is 1 all.

Whatever happened with Steamworks on PS3? Everyone made a big deal about it at the time and it seems to have gone nowhere.

Following on with the speculation, it was done to put a rocket up Microsoft (along with the whole linux thing) to get them to play ball.

Either way, steam or not, Microsoft can stand on stage and say that a large chunk of their library (by sales/players) is available on the 720 at launch. Just need what, Gears now and Forza?

CzarTim

The missing part there is steam coming on the 720 as well. They have already covered most of their BC needs already with these three games, and a new Call of Duty at launch will take care of the rest.

Would explain this move plus the Sony early reveal if they got wind of it.

Also puts merit behind the rumors that the 720 will basically be Windows 8.

If M$ used Xbox branding to essentially launch the 'PC Standard", it could unify the platform and hit Apple/Sony where it hurts.

Grief.exe

If M$ used Xbox branding to essentially launch the 'PC Standard", it could unify the platform and hit Apple/Sony where it hurts.

Huge power play.

We need a Halo: Reach PC version even more, because Best Halo.

Pretty arguable on that front, I'm sure plenty of Halo purists will say that Reach is where Halo started going down hill.

Yep would mix things up nicely and make a heck of a lot of sense.

Pretty arguable on that front, I'm sure plenty of Halo purists will say that Reach is where Halo started going down hill.

I'm most interested in this because I've never played a second of a halo game. Coming to a long running series fresh is quite an interesting experience (as I have found with mass effect).

Keslord

Banned
Also, this is from an old leaked internal MS video for PC gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oVIF10eL3hc#t=155s

Fairly sure this has been planned for a long, long time.

Seance

Banned
Damn, I would be over the moon if the whole trilogy was available on Steam. Native 1080p, AA, 60fps halo3 would be godlike.

drexl

Banned
So taking this and AOE2 HD PC into account, I take it Microsoft has finally admitted defeat to the almighty Steam?

Great, now all we need is the Killzone series on PC.

big_z

Want!! Please don't be w8 exclusive or I shall be royally pissed.

It's wont be windows 8 exclusive. It will be windows blue exclusive which is the win8 reboot/successor that is launching this summer. Suckers that bought windows 8 are getting a free upgrade so it's not so bad.

Rad-

I don't know. Halo 1 felt so wrong on the PC. It was like playing Unreal Tournament on consoles. It just didn't feel right.

GavinGT

Banned
Would Valve even be amenable to a Windows 8 exclusive on their platform?

Regarding Windows 8, I spent a day making registry changes and now my OS is basically Windows 7 but with all the things they actually improved in W8 included. I couldn't recommend it for anyone that's not an extreme tinkerer, though.

JaseC

I can't think of a single other reason why MS would do this. They're not exactly strapped for revenue. But H3 would boost their W8 brand a bit.

I don't think a port that is more than half a decade late would do much to turn around the misfortune Windows 8 is experiencing. That's not to say Halo 3 PC wouldn't sell well in any environment, but rather it wouldn't be the "killer app" that convinces people in any significant number to adopt a new operating system.

Atruvius

I can't think of a single other reason why MS would do this. They're not exactly strapped for revenue. But H3 would boost their W8 brand a bit.

But didn't the Vista restriction get modded away so you could play it on XP too. If Halo 3 is Windows 8 only I'm sure it will get hacked as well. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't think a port that is more than half a decade late would do much to turn around the misfortune Windows 8 is experiencing. That's not to say Halo 3 PC wouldn't sell well in any environment, but rather that it wouldn't be the "killer app" that convinces people in any significant number to adopt a new operating system.
H2 didn't help Vista much either. But MS isn't going to port Halo 3 to the PC unless there's some strategic value to it. I don't see them doing it solely for the cash.

JaseC

H2 didn't help Vista much either. But MS isn't going to port Halo 3 to the PC unless there's some strategic value to it. I don't see them doing it solely for the cash.

I'd think that if MS were porting the game exclusively to Windows 8 we would have heard something about it being exclusive to the Windows Store, if nothing else than solely as a way to gauge consumer reaction to such an arbitrary merchant restriction (though one presumed important for the Windows 8 platform). Time will tell, I suppose.

IHaveIce

Banned
Pls 343 Halo PC collection.

But this time with good ports not the halo 2 vista crap.

You would redeem yourself from Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom