• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. There are no plans to do either at this time.

O8qZc8V.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if it isnt coming to steam, then Frankie please say how in the hell this game is in Steam Registry and had a steam page a few weeks ago and just recently was mentioned in an AMD driver ?.

did an AMD employee for the lulz just go yeah lets add halo 3. the same for steam too ?

nevermind that also nearly every other game that was found in the steam Registry at the same time is either released, announced, or going to be certainly announced soon.

Grief.exe

Halo 3 has the best campaign, but Halo 2 has better multiplayer. Except for Rocket Race.

Gimme both on PC plz.

They would most likely just optimize the net code for one game.

If they are even doing the trilogy, releasing three games with three separate multiplayer experiences, would be redundant, fracture the community, require a lot of work on the front end to get everything working, and work on the back end supporting.

If the trilogy does exist, most likely it will be just Halo 3 multiplayer, with Halo 1/2 just being single player, or at the most LAN/Split-Screen.

The Halo 2 servers are also being discontinued in June, I think the fact that they were pushed back is an indication of both my theory here and the games being released in that time period.

Grief.exe

How often do games that are "not currently planned" actually come out? Is this common PR speak or am I holding onto false hope?

Sprinkles said:
I never ever denied the actual remake. Before it was green lit, you know, before we were ever going to make it, I denied it. Because that was true.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39567334#post39567334

He basically denied the existence of the game months before it was actually announced because it hadn't been 'greenlit.'

Depends on your definition of greenlit, but surely they were working on that port for at least a year.

343i wanted a complete remake of the original game by November 11, the date of Combat Evolved's release, giving Saber just over a year to complete the project

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Combat_Evolved_Anniversary#Development

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im still sticking by my theory that at E3 ms will announce that any game you buy from marketplace through xbox or PC will exchange between each other.

they spoke of something like this last year about xbox and pc linking together. and it explains in depth more why smartglass and windows 8 link to your xbox and let you remote play and have a keyboard option but doesnt work yet.

could also explain why halo 3 is showing in strange places too. it also explains why the next xbox may be blocking used games too because they link to your account.

RoKKeR

The fact that Halo 3...shit was found in AMD's drivers is still to weird/convenient to me to believe the spin/"no plans" comments.

don'tbelievehisgies.gif

Frankie had a similar denial for Halo: CE Anniversary at the time.

I don't have the exact link, if anyone does that would be great.

Frank's response when asked about the rumor of a Halo remake developed by Saber Interactive.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/291155/343-plays-down-saber-made-halo-hd-rumours/

“343 as a publishing entity and Bungie before it is always open to collaboration. We’ve done weird things in the past like we put a Spartan in Dead or Alive 3… We met with Itagaki and his team to make sure the Spartan was fighting correctly, using a style that was appropriate, was the right height and moving like a Spartan.”

“So we’ve always been open to those sort of mini-collaborations, but as far as the core game experiences are concerned we have to keep that close to home. In the future – who knows. But fundamentally we’re right now building a large, powerful top-tier studio to make triple-A experiences in the future and that’s our general direction right now”.

He sidesteps the question very broadly. It's not a similar denial at all. Maybe you're thinking of this one?

link? I'm sure I did something evasive - or dissembled the nature of the content, but I would not have straight up denied it after a certain point in its viability.

Grief.exe

Halo: CE Anniversary was released in November 2011, so that means the game was likely in production in July or August of 2010.

Halo: CE Anniversary was officially announced in June 2011.

Excerpts from interview with OXM

Date: February 2011

Source

Franchise development director Frank O'Connor has told The Official Xbox Magazine in the UK that no major Halo release is slated for 2011, and the studio isn't looking to develop another Halo spin-off anytime soon.

We have Nothing to announce right now, but I can tell you we're not working on any side stories as games at the moment," O'Connor told OXM, referring to recent side projects like Halo Wars and Halo:ODST. "There'll certainly be more Halo fiction entering the universe, but we've no new games to announce right now."

Pressed again for word on Master Chief in 2011, O'Connor added, "I imagine he will be chilling. Literally."

Interview with X360 Achivements

Date: March 2011

Source

Can you comment on the rumour about a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved?

Well like you just said, it's a rumour. And if you really really want to play Halo: Combat Evolved in 720p HD, go to Games on Demand. It's there right now for like $9.99!

Yeah, the Halo franchise has historically been the worst offender of "LOL WE NOT DOING ANYTHING, DUNNO WHAT YOU FOOLS TALKIN' ABOUT."

Remember how long everyone at microsoft denied halo 3's existence? Though at the same time, I imagine any possible PR cycle for a PC port of Halo 3 would be a tiny fraction of the announcement of Halo 3 proper.

darthbob

Following up on Frankie's Halo Anniversary denial, found some very interesting statements.

Keep in mind that the game was released in November 2011, so that means the game was likely in production in August or September of 2010.

Halo: CE Anniversary was officially announced in June 2011.

Excerpts from interview with OXM

Date: February 2011

Source

Interview with X360 Achivements

Date: March 2011

Source

None of these statements count as 'flat out denial'.

CEA was never intended as a 'major' release, and it certainly doesn't qualify as a new Halo game as it's a remake.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Frankies either chuckling away at this thread with his trolling or shaking his head thinking 'ooooh boy why won't they believe me ?' :p

Poor Frankies either chuckling away at this thread with his trolling or shaking his head thinking 'ooooh boy why won't they believe me ?' :p

There would be absolutely no logic to releasing Halo3 on pc now. Maybe eventually as its 10 years or something on console and pc at the same time, but now? Why? I dunno where you people get these rumors but that guy is pulling them out of his ass.

legacyzero

Banned
There would be absolutely no logic to releasing Halo3 on pc now. Maybe eventually as its 10 years or something on console and pc at the same time, but now? Why? I dunno where you people get these rumors but that guy is pulling them out of his ass.

Could I suggest reading the 3 or so threads that popped up recently? Starting with the thread Stump HIMSELF created?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511484

EDIT: Not to mention the 4-5 threads that popped up just YESTERDAY about various other games popping up in the registry WITH cheevos?

Yes but thats because they wanted to push the 360 version of the game first. We have nothing to announce often means, get the 360 version now then well see. They have absolutely no reason to hide a pc version to push the 360 version of Halo3 right now. Theres been 3 halo games out since then. And if Halo2 pc was any indication, there wont be many people playing if it ever comes out anyway.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

The PC space isn't really like the console space though. Games tend to come and go very quickly on console and have a generally short shelf life (to an extent) but it's a very different matter on PC.

If they were to release them and give support for public server files/dedicated server files and mod support the PC community would support those games for years. Hell I'd probably get back into Halo 2 again since it's my favourite of the lot multiplayer wise. It would give those games a new lease of life, games that have been forced to shut down due to the Microsoft closing down the original xbox servers (well Halo 2 really). I'd rebuy the original trilogy right now due to being able to replay them at higher resolutions etc. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of Halo fans with PCs who'd like to replay them with a higher resolution/framerate (if possible).

It would be such an easy moneyspinner for them really.

No. It'll justify a rumor that you didn't seem to understand it's origin. You said that in your post. I was just trying to help.

Im not saying it'll never happen, but right now there's absolutely no reason for it. Maybe at the 10 year mark, a la Halo CEA, then yes its possible. Eventually.

legacyzero

Banned
Im not saying it'll never happen, but right now there's absolutely no reason for it. Maybe at the 10 year mark, a la Halo CEA, then yes its possible. Eventually.
Why not? You think MS doesn't like money? Console transition time doesn't hurt either. Easy cash in!.

Put that shit on the Steam Store and watch it sell shitloads. Then they can go another 5-10 years not giving a shit about the PC while pimping their new console.

It's common sense stuff, really. Unless you try peg MS as those who like to use good common sense, and then the whole theory gets blown to shit. It's the same company what is rumored to launch a Kinect required, HSI required console.

When can I play Octodad: Dadliest Catch?
I dont know what it is, but it sounds hella fun LOL

Why not? You think MS doesn't like money? Console transition time doesn't hurt either. Easy cash in!.

Put that shit on the Steam Store and watch it sell shitloads. Then they can go another 5-10 years not giving a shit about the PC while pimping their new console.

It's common sense stuff, really. Unless you try peg MS as those who like to use good common sense, and then the whole theory gets blown to shit. It's the same company what is rumored to launch a Kinect required, HSI required console.

Ya but even there, why steam. Why not the windows 8 store instead? You know itll have achievements and will need some sort of Live attached to it. Itll be halo2 pc all over again. And halo2 pc is no where to be found on steam.

Wonder if that one is mentioned on it.

Christ, nevermind the threads we've had about Halo 3 in the Steam registry before, but at least read the OP. There have been signs of Halo 3 on PC for a while now, a game just doesn't appear in the Steam registry for no reason.
It's likely that they were planning some sort of port, but it has probably been cancelled.

Christ, nevermind the threads we've had about Halo 3 in the Steam registry before, but at least read the OP. There have been signs of Halo 3 on PC for a while now, a game just doesn't appear in the Steam registry for no reason.
It's likely that they were planning some sort of port, but it has probably been cancelled.

I saw the thread, but it could mean absolutely anything. Including what you just said. But you look at the comments in here and its as if its coming out next month.

And considering how they treated the pc version of halo2, lets just say im not getting too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom