• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindwipe

I personally wouldn't want 343 Industries spending any time whatsoever on ports of old Halo games. Not even from a QA perspective. As long as there isn't some kind of new scenes being added or retconning being done, there's nothing really that should impact the Halo canon that 343 has inherited or any of their current projects. Keep these guys focused on Durango Halo.

While that's true, 343 also run things like Waypoint. And I would expect Waypoint to do things like stats tracking.

But again, people assume that Microsoft (or any large company for that matter) doesn't just have shit poor internal communication and sometimes higher level execs who want to feel important with ludicrous amounts of secrecy from their own staff. They do. Who knows if this is a case of that?

Dirtbag

cmon guys..

Halo 3 on Steam.
Steambox comes out.
Console that competes with Xbox and has halo?

Not going to happen.

Grief.exe

You know the state of the franchise is bad when players are port begging for old games

What?

Old games are amazing, people want to play the classics at any time.
PC doesn't have any modern Halo games, and the Halo games we do have aren't exactly great ports.
Halo 1 is pretty solid, but suffers from poor net code.
Halo 2 has so many problems I don't know where to start.
Microsoft's new strategy seems to be supporting of Steamworks and solid ports rather than GFWL and poor ports.

take this with as much salt as needed

pJl7dQE.jpg

D1IwozG.png

blanky

It better be the Gearbox version without gamespy, I want none of that Anniversary stuff. I like my shitty graphics and OP-pistol.

Yeah ovbiously i didnt think it meant theyre releasing all of those games on PC, just that it was a bit weird this company rumoured to be making Halo PC trilogy just randomly posted stuff about Halo

Raide

Halo 2 & 3 together in one package. Only the MP side with all the maps and weapons.

Xbox One and PC cross play.

Do it.

Yeah ovbiously i didnt think it meant theyre releasing all of those games on PC, just that it was a bit weird this company rumoured to be making Halo PC trilogy just randomly posted stuff about Halo

Oh no, in that respect it means nothing, they continue to be involved with the Halo franchise after H4, they are probably already working on Halo 5 as they have tweeted on 31 May for example:

Looking forward to Halo 5 forge? @TheHaloCouncil wants to hear from you! Vote on what features you would like to see: http://t.co/MefuGNzfZZ

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I know this is something of a dissenting opinion, but the Reach campaign was my favourite so I'd really love to see that brought over too. Am I right in thinking the revamped engine for that game makes it unlikely? I'd settle for ODST, and by settle I mean buy as soon as the store page updates.

I suppose Reach still looks pretty good so it's not as urgent to update as Halo 3, which unfortunately is really hard to look at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom