• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More information about Halo Infinite "Battle Royale" mode from Jez Corden

Mr.ODST

TO be fair defending and attacking FOB's in a BR type game I would count as quite unique for a BR and would be fun in Infinites Sandbox

STARSBarry

Gold Member
They say "big map" then mention FOB's I wonder if that means they will simply be repurposing the single player map, or a section of it anyway.

Well its going to be at least 6 months before any more details if they have tentatively targeted sometime in season 3 for the release. Would not be suprised if it was delayed further however given the current update cycle for Halo.

Last edited:
Im intrigued but cant see how this will work with infintes combat, the amount of damage needed to break shield and the amount of health you have before death i can see this mode not lasting

Leyasu

Banned
They say "big map" then mention FOB's I wonder if that means they will simply be repurposing the single player map, or a section of it anyway.

Well its going to be at least 6 months before any more details if they have tentatively targeted sometime in season 3 for the release. Would not be suprised if it was delayed further however given the current update cycle for Halo.

Yeah, I think that they will be repurposing parts of the map too after reading that.

How is that different from Warzone's triple plates or Apex's purple shields?
Apex is possible to 1 v 3 people, so is warzone but you cant 1 v 3 anyone in infinte without selected weapons and and grenades which isnt the frag, its literally impossible unless 2 player have awful aiming which 9/10 they dont because of auto aim, all im saying is this isnt going to work and it wont be fun, its an arena shooter, no arena shooter has become a BR because it wont work

Waste of resources, Battle Royal is garbage. Just make more BTB maps for the casuals instead of trying to win over people who will never like Halo. Fingers crossed its good though if they do follow through though i highly doubt it.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Waste of resources, Battle Royal is garbage. Just make more BTB maps for the casuals instead of trying to win over people who will never like Halo. Fingers crossed its good though if they do follow through though i highly doubt it.
BR is not garbage. If done right it will be way more fun than the outdated Arena stuff nobody wants to play anymore

Banjo64

cumsessed
I just want Firefight. It’s the best Halo mode hands down. And I say that as someone who’s a PvP nut.

Banned
  • Forge: sooner than expected? Really relying heavily on the community. Also some kind of big (potential) controversy.

oh no... let me guess... half of Halo's signature modes will not be supported with the new Forge until like 2 years down the line or some shit like that.

Banjo64

cumsessed
why cant we get a 60 plus player big team battle? halo has needed a battlefield ish version for a long time.
BTB can already be a torrid experience if you get a class team vs a shit team. I’m talking pinned in the spawn for 25 minutes whilst the opposition surround you with every power weapon and vehicle. I dread to think of the massacres that would be possible if you expanded the team sizes.

Pelta88

Their roadmap is years upon years out. While the player count today has dropped significantly, to the point where online matchmaking is difficult.

They need a better studio head/lead or management.

Banned
Their roadmap is years upon years out. While the player count today has dropped significantly, to the point where online matchmaking is difficult.

yeah, it is by far the worst performing Halo ever made. I didn't think I would ever see as fast of an exodus from a Halo game as the one from Halo 4 ever again... but here we are, about 10x worse it seems
W4qGtW2.png

Orbital2060

Sounds like some kind of Alterac Valley battleground, with the FOBs and NPCs you can capture to help the overall raid.

But it doesnt say amount of players. Something like 20 vs 20 or 40 vs 40 would be cool.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

They need a better studio head/lead or management.

The rumours around most of the staff being a revolving door of contractors (with quite privileged / entitled small core of employees) that stick to short contract lengths will at least be a cautionary tale of how not to run a software development house for more people (something Spencer must have had oversight).

The DLC roadmap projecting 2024 for a single player expansion… hopefully it is what it would have been a full sequel before, otherwise it is very very far away for a moderate / small extra DLC. I do have faith in Staten if he is really given the right resources and freedom / support: look at how he churned out a fantastic ODST out of Halo 3’s foundations in a very small amount of time.

Last edited:

Banned
Matchmaking is difficult? Shiiiiiiiit! I always find games. No issues, ever.

you will find games at prime times of your region and if your region is lucky enough to have a big enough player base.
not long before I uninstalled the game, if I played in central europe at night I would wait sometimes 3 to 4 minutes to find a Team Slayer match.

I once had to wait so long I turned the game off, started MCC and found a match in the same mode withing less than 30sec with only Halo Reach and Team Slayer being selected for matchmaking

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
you will find games at prime times of your region and if your region is lucky enough to have a big enough player base.
not long before I uninstalled the game, if I played in central europe at night I would wait sometimes 3 to 4 minutes to find a Team Slayer match.

I once had to wait so long I turned the game off, started MCC and found a match in the same mode withing less than 30sec with only Halo Reach and Team Slayer being selected for matchmaking
I find games any time. Sucks you're having issues. But I've never once had an issue unless the server crashed or something, which is rare. Multiplayer stays hot all the time for me.

feynoob

Banned
Some new data mine about Halo battle royal (project tatanka) from windows central gaming.

• A new datamine leak has revealed some additional details about what players can expect from Halo Infinite's upcoming battle royale-style "Project Tatanka."
  • According to the leak, the mode will have distinct intro and deployment phases, and that players will drop into each match as a team in individual drop pods. These pods will be controllable mid-flight.
  • Up until it's time to drop, the game will be join-in-progress. Additionally, unlike other battle royale games and modes that start players off with nothing, players will be given an initial starting loadout.
  • The ambitious mode isn't expected to arrive until Halo Infinite Season 4 in mid-2023 at the earliest, although it's possible we may not see it until late 2023 or 2024.

One of the biggest upcoming releases that Halo Infinite players have to look forward to is the arrival of "Project Tatanka," a codenamed battle royale-style mode that's currently being developed by Certain

Dutchy

Apex is possible to 1 v 3 people, so is warzone but you cant 1 v 3 anyone in infinte without selected weapons and and grenades which isnt the frag, its literally impossible unless 2 player have awful aiming which 9/10 they dont because of auto aim, all im saying is this isnt going to work and it wont be fun, its an arena shooter, no arena shooter has become a BR because it wont work

I agree. The only way to win a 1v3 in Apex is through exceptional movement. But Halo isn't a movement shooter. The only way to win a 1 v 3 in Warzone (afaik) is through mostly reaction time and accuracy. But Halo's TTK is far too low for that to be applicable, especially with regenerating shields.

The only way I could see it be playable in the slightest is if they completely rid of Infinite's base mechanics. But then, what is even the point? I guess it would be right up 343's alley to turn the game even more into something that isn't Halo.

Have you actually played Infinite? TTK is 2 seconds or under for all weapons and 1.25 for the AR.

When someone is standing still in front of you, yes. Good luck getting those TTK's in a sweaty BR game.

edit: oh these were old comments. hope u guys are still alive and well

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
  • The ambitious mode isn't expected to arrive until Halo Infinite Season 4 in mid-2023 at the earliest, although it's possible we may not see it until late 2023 or 2024.

If it's gonna be that late, they're better of giving it a new title instead of shipping as part of Halo: Infinite.

pointless adding a BR when you cant have more than 16 players in any game mode...and if they can achieve high player counts, scrap BR and do big team battle 50 v 50 big maps, pelicans, warthogs just mayhem everywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom