• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More MS Leaks Studio Buyouts and Halo Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leocarian

Banned
Hearing a couple of things once again take it with a grain of salts

Studio Buyouts

1. MS purchased the following

Playgrounds and developing

Forza Horizon is now in-house
Second project rumoured Fable game from second studio as we know it

US based Company Bought (anyone who has a good working relationship with MS has been named. Possibly Undead Labs or someone else.

Canadian Team Bought most likely would be Studio MDHR, but Capcom Vancouver has also been speculated. An Action/Adventure game is speculated to appear at the presser and is listed as Xbox/PC ONLY.

Either Dead Rising 5 or a Dino Crisis game reboot. Devil May Cry 5 will be at Sonys Conference along with Resident Evil 2 Remake.

3. Santa Monica stuff if you missed it before (new studio, headed by Darrell Gallaghar, no projects hinted at yet supposedly the quad AAAA next gen studio. Called Xbox Santa Monica

Gears of War

Three new Gears games in the works (originally Polygon source) but the Xcom game was known Before polygon jumped in and added a BR game.

1 - An X-Com style game
2 - A spinoff series (speculation is a horror game or a battleroyal)
3 - A full-on sequel ( Gears of War 5)

Halo Infinity (could be Halo 6, could be a spin-off, though the spin-off is likely the recently announced arcade experience, unless there's something else) and as we know it we know the next mainline Halo game has been in development and Halo Wars 2 was the recent spin off. Believe this is the next mainline Halo game.

Source A is going silent until the show for the sake of his connections and Source B (I think) simply responded there are "more" studios acquired than originally mentioned.

Conclusion - There will be a lot of 1st party stuff this Sunday to show people that the investments are real.

Majority of these investments won't appear until next generation but will be teased to a small extent. The 2 Gears games and Halo are most likely the last hurrah for Xbox One.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Everything listed here I’ve read elsewhere. None of the info you just provided was unknown. Are you just repeating what you read?

Leocarian

Banned
Everything listed here I’ve read elsewhere. None of the info you just provided was unknown. Are you just repeating what you read?

Any particular reason your turning this thread about me instead of creating a discussion on a forum site? Confused. What is up with NeoGaf and personal attacks on this website.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Hearing a couple of things once again take it with a grain of salts

Halo Infinity (could be Halo 6, could be a spin-off, though the spin-off is likely the recently announced arcade experience, unless there's something else) and as we know it we know the next mainline Halo game has been in development and Halo Wars 2 was the recent spin off. Believe this is the next mainline Halo game.

Fbh

After the lukewarm reception of gears 4 you'd think they would first try to get people excited about gears again before going all in with 3 games

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
I actually can't wait for Microsoft's next gen Xbox. From all the misteps and flak they took this gen were are probably going to get a hell of a product both in terms of hardware and games. Consumers will win at the end of the day.

Leocarian

Banned
I actually can't wait for Microsoft's next gen Xbox. From all the misteps and flak they took this gen were are probably going to get a hell of a product both in terms of hardware and games. Consumers will win at the end of the day.

You and me both brother. Extremely stoked.

DonF

Either Dead Rising 5 or a Dino Crisis game reboot. Devil May Cry 5 will be at Sonys Conference along with Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Dino crisis! Please! The time has come for dinosaurs to return! Jurassic world, rampage, Godzilla, please Capcom. Dead rising is just meh at this point.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I hooe that Dino Crisis thing ain‘t true. The shock would prolly kill me during the any of the PC.

jk, would be a dream come true.

Lone Wolf

Any particular reason your turning this thread about me instead of creating a discussion on a forum site? Confused. What is up with NeoGaf and personal attacks on this website.
You are acting like an insider when you are clearly just repeating what we already know. It’s not an attack, it’s a fact.

Codes 208

Halo infinity could be a subtitle. Halo 5 was technically halo 5: guardians

If halo 6 is kinda like destiny or mass effect where you go planet to planet qnd its less scripted, tgat would actually be really cool.

In fact allow me to elqborqte on that. I wanted 5 to be somewhat like what spartan ops was going for, player based actions and decisions, emphasis on customization and your avatar playing a key part in the setting (similar to noble 6 from reach)

For me halo is one of two things. Your spartan or chief. Whenever a new character is introduced its always been in a so-so way (minus odst for obvious reasons) i like arbiter, hes one of my favorites. but i dont want to play as arbiter. And i have nothing nice to say about locke. At all. Just a bland character to me.

But also keep the new shit away from multiplayer. Multiplayer should be tweaked from 5 but not completely overhauled (unless being refined means theyre removing sprint) because 5 has good multiplayer, it justed needed better maps and maybe tweaked/removed abilities

Last edited:

MrDanGuy

Halo Infinity could be the Battle Royale game. I find it too coincidental that Infinity is actually their UNSC Navy Vessel where they did their training on, and also used to find forerunner installations.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Majority of these investments won't appear until next generation but will be teased to a small extent. The 2 Gears games and Halo are most likely the last hurrah for Xbox One.

So Xbox Two announcement in 2019? And they are gonna show some teasers for those next gen games?

you-had-my-curiosity-gif-8.gif

Mr Hyde

What's up with the Santa Monica name on the Xbox Studio? Doesn't it risk being confused with Sonys Santa Monica studio?

Corrik

Thank for compiling all the Xbox possible leaks into a single thread. I appreciate it. Ignore the haters.

D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
I too am active on ResetEra.

pretty crazy day huh

ResetERA -> Internet -> NeoGAF
4Chan/Reddit -> ResetERA insiders confirms wherever 4CHAN/Reddit is somewhat correct -> Internet -> NeoGAF

Dunki

i do not now hw this will help MS getting new customers People already bought these consoles for these games. I am interested in the Adventure game but thats it.

Mr Hyde

.... I would imagine it's named that because it's in the city of Santa Monica lol

Yeah, obviously, but it seems stupid since SIE Santa Monica is such a well renowned developer. Can easily see a scenario where the two studios gets confused with each other. But whatever floats their boat.

Leocarian

Banned
What's up with the Santa Monica name on the Xbox Studio? Doesn't it risk being confused with Sonys Santa Monica studio?

Because it's located in Santa Monica. Therefore called Xbox Santa Monica unless they come out with a statement and give it a name. I am not 100% sure if this is what they're keeping like Sony is with Sony Santa Monica or if they will announce an actual name.

DonF

You are acting like an insider when you are clearly just repeating what we already know. It’s not an attack, it’s a fact.
I appreciate his summary. My dude, not everyone has the time to be on the internet all day. I love video games but can't be looking for rumors on 4chan or other sites. I read gaf for this, I get excited and leave a comment. The notifications on this site has made me more active, but still, it's not what I do all day. Close to 80% he posted was unknown to me. And I consider myself very up-to-date with gaming stuff.

He has never claimed he is an insider. He could state that it's a summary, for transparency, but that's it.

Leocarian

Banned
So Xbox Two announcement in 2019? And they are gonna show some teasers for those next gen games?

you-had-my-curiosity-gif-8.gif

I would assume same time as when PS5 launches which is most likely 2020. An announcement next year is a possible thing.

It's also speculated that Fable and Perfect Dark reboots will be launch titles for the next system to really kick it off.

Someone asked why they have not made an exclusive Xbox One X game? Because it's not a new generation console and Xbox One X is part of the Xbox One brand. They never advertised an Xbox One X as a new gen system..

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Why next gen? Clearly Microsoft all ready has the hardware, services, controller and Live on lock. They won't waste time from now until next gen to make a big splash. That's retarded and a waste.

What theyll do is capitalize now and build off of that, going into next gen. E3 will be the best place to start. And they will...

Norse

Who is we? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Some of us don't have time to search for all the rumors so I for one appreciate threads like this one.

Leocarian

Banned
If this is true, and assuming no new hardware is announced, this would make the E3 showing pretty depressing.

Theses types of investments take time my friend. Game development is very long these days. I would say that E3 2019 is really where you can expect to be blown away.

You won't see anything next Xbox Hardware this year either if your expecting it.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Theses types of investments take time my friend. Game development is very long these days. I would say that E3 2019 is really where you can expect to be blown away.

You won't see anything next Xbox Hardware this year either if your expecting it.
I'm not expecting hardware, but I dread a conference that shows a bunch of teasers for games 2-3 years off.

Leocarian

Banned
I'm not expecting hardware, but I dread a conference that shows a bunch of teasers for games 2-3 years off.

It's better than not showing teasers at all. They need to show they have games happening or otherwise they're gonna get more negative press. It's already bad as it is for them.

Sony shows plenty of teasers as well. God of War, Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding were all shown and teased since 2016 with barely nay gameplay except for God of War and that game didn't come out till April of this year lol. When Sony teases no one complains when Microsoft teases everyone whines.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
ResetERA -> Internet -> NeoGAF
4Chan/Reddit -> ResetERA insiders confirms wherever 4CHAN/Reddit is somewhat correct -> Internet -> NeoGAF

This is true. They are very active with the e3 rumours. If only it wasn't such a SJW authoritarian cesspool I'd consider joining. Perfectly happy to have their tip offs make their way to gaff and get discussed here without anyone popping veins in their forehead about their feeling.

Sounds like M$ is making the right moves. I still want to see a title that shows what the X can do, and not just 4k. There is no need for a new console generation for a while IMO, games today are not held back by graphics and immersion. I hardly noticed the graphics in uncharted or God of war because a lot of the details a buried pretty deep and you can't even see them (unless you zoom in). Having additional processing power for AI and NPCs might be good though, but we can already do Hitman and Witcher 3 so how much more do we need?

I say M$ needs to pump out exclusives fast now that they are comfy with this gen, and not move things to next gen. It is pretty clear we've hit diminishing returns around graphical fidelity and the time is ripe for sitting on this console gen and pumping out more games.

D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
This is true. They are very active with the e3 rumours. If only it wasn't such a SJW authoritarian cesspool I'd consider joining. Perfectly happy to have their tip offs make their way to gaff and get discussed here without anyone popping veins in their forehead about their feeling.

Sadly, there's a ton of leaks and insider info that isn't talked about here.

Leocarian

Banned
Sounds like M$ is making the right moves. I still want to see a title that shows what the X can do, and not just 4k. There is no need for a new console generation for a while IMO, games today are not held back by graphics and immersion. I hardly noticed the graphics in uncharted or God of war because a lot of the details a buried pretty deep and you can't even see them (unless you zoom in). Having additional processing power for AI and NPCs might be good though, but we can already do Hitman and Witcher 3 so how much more do we need?

I say M$ needs to pump out exclusives fast now that they are comfy with this gen, and not move things to next gen. It is pretty clear we've hit diminishing returns around graphical fidelity and the time is ripe for sitting on this console gen and pumping out more games.

I hate to tell you this, but it's pretty much over for Microsoft as far as this gen games go. You'll see maybe a few more in 2019 and that's it. Microsoft is investing all of this for next gen and they already know the ship has sailed since Don Matt rock's atrocious Xbox One reveal. I would NOT hold your breath for anything super crazy for this gen at this point. Damage has been done, and now we're forced to wait a bit longer. Next gen is where Microsoft will come up super super strong.

Enjoy your Master Chief Collection, Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, Cupped, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, the new nonmainline Gears game, the superior multiplatform titles, crackdown 3 and indie exclusive Xbox games, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 till next gen pretty much.

Last edited:
If the Gears and Halo spin offs are true then i think we won't see the main games (Gears 5, Halo 6) till next gen. That would be the smart move imo.

Leocarian

Banned
If the Gears and Halo spin offs are true then i think we won't see the main games (Gears 5, Halo 6) till next gen. That would be the smart move imo.

Possible. But not sure about a Halo spin off. I think they might be handling the whole game a tad differently than previously and take a different direction in terms of what they're releasing prior to next gen mainline game.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
I hate to tell you this, but it's pretty much over for Microsoft as far as this gen games go. You'll see maybe a few more in 2019 and that's it. Microsoft is investing all of this for next gen and they already know the ship has sailed since Don Matt rock's atrocious Xbox One reveal. I would NOT hold your breath for anything super crazy for this gen at this point. Damage has been done, and now we're forced to wait a bit longer. Next gen is where Microsoft will come up super super strong.

Enjoy your Master Chief Collection, Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, Cupped, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, the new nonmainline Gears game, the superior multiplatform titles, crackdown 3 and indie exclusive Xbox games, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 till next gen pretty much.

No doubt many of the launch games on NEXTBOX will also be available on X1X without the whistles and bells, just like the last couple gens, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom