• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pictures of Black DualSense Controller leaked - Hint at possible all Black Edition PS5 console in the future

Grinchy

Banned
It's weird how ugly I find it. Did they really somehow manage to come up with a controller that will look its worst in black? How is that possible?

fersnake

t56dueydqhr41.jpg

i want this! it feels and looks really nice and it thas the ps logo and buttons with colors

Last edited:

iHaunter

100% fake. Sony would definitely not make it look like this. It doesn't go with their Dual Color aesthetic. Someone just spray painted it...

RCU005

First of all, there will be several special editions. I expect them as soon as next year when Horizon Forbidden West or God of War launch.

Second of all, I don't think Sony will release a controller that will NOT be two-toned. It's their theme for the PS5, specially the DualSense. It might come a time when they do release a ONE color edition console/controller, but definitely not so soon.

Yoboman

A black dual sense would definitely be multi toned with grey and coloured buttons like dualshock 4

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
that's almost 100% a dev kit controller. maybe even an early prototype version

Was going to say, it reminds me of the black dev Switch.

I really doubt Sony would strip off their iconic controller button imagery, unless the lighting here is obscuring it.

seanoff

I’m expecting within 6 months your ps5 will be whatever colour you want and have any design. It’ll be like phone cases from official Sony ones to templates for your 3D printer

Raonak

Banned
Having some dark gray tones would be better. I'm guessing it's a prototype one.

They'll no doubt have multiple colors, for controllers, and faceplates in the near future.

I want a ps1 themed one
And a red one (gow?)

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
I hope this is dev kit controller because as a consumer product its is fucking ugly ...coming from a guy who had a massive ps4 and xbox one controller collection

clem84

Gold Member
Doesn't look like a retail controller to me. I mean, kinda but cheap also. Looks like a dev kit controller.

Calverz

For a matt black ps5 they only need to make the white flaps black. Third parties and 3d printed version will pop up soon after launch. Theres ur black ps5

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
If they release a black console, let’s just hope they release the covers to change manually. Imagine forking out another £450 for a black console when that’s probably what most of us wanted from the start...

jts

...hate me...
They don’t need to patent/get FCC approval for color schemes. That’s just generic coloring without much thought being put to it (or even being purposefully colorized in a non-final way). The buttons don’t even seem to have labels on them!

That’s just a nondescript DS. The public release of a black version of it will look much better.

Karmic Raze

I don’t know what is everyone’s obsession with black is anyways. I’m personally fucking tired of black PlayStations after 2, 3, and 4. The white is different and I think it looks very sleek.

Last edited:
I don’t know what is everyone’s obsession with black is anyways. I’m personally fucking tired of black PlayStations after 2, 3, and 4. The white is different and I think it looks very sleek.

In a cabinet full of black electronics that White PS5 is going to murder how uniform everything looks. My SNES is even black.

Hostile_18

Banned
Dosnt look very good but obviously it's not finished (no symbols on the buttons etc).

I'm happy with the standard controller but more options are always welcome.

Did you paint it or is it a limited edition?

I think its likely the side panels will be replaceable so you may be in luck.

I am already planning on painting the PS5. As for my SNES it is the Analgue SUPER NT. I already have an NT mini Noir waiting to be shipped so all of my consoles are black.

store-supernt-black.jpg

Orta

Banned
Black is fine but the coloured buttons and blue lights make it look tacky.

Glass effect buttons with grey symbols would be a bit more subtle perhaps?

Last edited:
Top Bottom