• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pokémon Revealed for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon!

Theorymon

Well they did reveal abilities for all the Pokemon!

Charjabug has some sort of ability called Battery

Vikavolt has Levitate, makes sense but I was hoping for something nuts like No Guard lol.

Drampa has Berserk and Sap Sipper. Really makes me wonder what its offensive stats are.

Bruxish has Dazzling and Strong Jaw. Makes me wonder if its physically based.

Togedemaru has Lightning Rod and Iron Barbs. REALLY hope this gets Follow Me now lol.

Cutiefly has Honey Gather and Shield Dust, makes sense!

Surprised by the delay between the Japanese and English trailers.

The music is great, yeah : D

I like most of the new mons, although the last one's name is one heck of a mouthful. But if I can get used to Pachirisu...

Site was also updated with details, including finally adding Rockruff (iwanko), and Komala(nekkoala)

We did get more info on abilities though, which is nice. Confirmation that berserk activates after going below half hp, Vikavolt having levitate, Charjabug having an ability called Battery that raises allies special attack in double or triple battles. Also, seems Complete Zygarde won't have an ability beyond the one that allows access to complete Zygarde

Also, secondary abilities for a lot of pokemon.

This video is different. It confirms Grubins evolution line and different gameplay.

No spearrows to introduce Topo Kuku instead he's fighting a Litten and it looks like Hala is controlling him/her.

jediyoshi

1gwKWVB.png

is this dog mon new

1gwKWVB.png

is this dog mon new

WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? Does this mean we can ride the Neverending story dragon Pokemon (Drampa)? Please please please...

To be fair, I'd be happy if we could just have a Pokemon a choice follow you around in the world again. Playing Pokemon Yellow makes me miss that for some weird reason.

Also: Love the trailer. I think the new Pokemon designs are fantastic.

Looking at Komala's ability description in English, it sounds like it's permanent sleep, hence other status effects don't work on it, not that it can only get sleep as a status effect. If I had to guess, it might also allow it to attack normally during sleep

Komala's backstory is ADORABLE.

No one has ever seen a Komala awake. It eats, travels, and even battles while sound asleep! Its saliva can be used as medicine for the sick or sleepless, according to ancient people. They say if you take a small amount of the saliva remaining after it eats leaves, water the saliva down, and drink it, you’ll be able to sleep well.

Komala clings to a log pillow that its parents have given to it. Once it has grasped this log, it almost never releases it. If it does lose hold of its log, the Pokémon will be unable to sleep well and will thrash about wildly. Apparently it will sometimes cling to the arm of a Trainer it trusts.

Komala has the Comatose Ability, a new Ability that no other Pokémon has ever had until now. This Ability keeps it perpetually in a drowsing state, which prevents it from getting any other status conditions.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm so glad Vikavolt has levitate.

So Tapu Koko is confirmed to be a legendary now. I can;t wait to see what the other guardians look like.

Forkball

This info on Vikavolt is interesting.

Vikavolt is like a fortress that zooms through the forest, firing a beam of electricity from its mouth. Its huge jaws control the electricity it blasts out.

Vikavolt is adept at acrobatic flight maneuvers like tailspins and sharp turns. It can fly at high speeds even as it weaves its way through the complicated tangle of branches in the forest.

Vikavolt clasps Charjabug with its legs and uses it as an extra battery. Even if a battle drags on, it can use the electric power from Charjabug to continue firing off powerful moves. When Vikavolt is engaged in a fierce aerial fight, it releases Charjabug to make itself lighter and increase its mobility.

Charjabug has an ability that raises the special stats of one of it's allies. So Charjabug and Vikavolt perhaps have doubles synergy? Pretty interesting to see a non-evolved Pokemon helping out its evolved form.

Kyzer

Banned
Sounds like gym battle music

And yeah I knew the riding mechanic wasn't just gonna be a 5 second feature in XY lol looks like there's collar item.

Drampa's info, including its ability.

Drampa are dragons that live alone in the mountains 10,000 feet above sea level. Since they can’t obtain the Berries they feed on at that range, they descend to the base of the mountains at dawn every day. Drampa love communicating with people and Pokémon.

Drampa are especially gentle with children and often appear at schools and parks where children gather.

While Drampa is usually a very gentle Pokémon, it can fly into a rage if a child it cares for is hurt in some way. The Dragon Breath move that it fires off at such times is powerful enough to blow down buildings!

Drampa can have the Berserk Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has ever had. With the Berserk Ability, this Pokémon’s Sp. Atk will go up by 1 when its HP drops below half.

Sounds like gym battle music

And yeah I knew the riding mechanic wasn't just gonna be a 5 second feature in XY lol looks like there's collar item.

Nah it's the Trainer Battle music, if you watch the E3 Treehouse thing it's the same as when they battled route trainers

Kyzer

Banned
Zygarde transforming in a pinch kind of goes hand in hand with our theories on synchro ... maybe it's kind of like rayquaza can mega evolve without a stone zygarde will be that for synchro mechanics

Kinsei

Banned
I guess Rockruff only evolve at night. Is it just me or do these (presumably) early route Pokemon like Grubbin and Rockruff all seem really good?

So Rockruff howls during the night and evolves at that point.

Werewolf pokemon.

So rock Zoroark?

ash_ag

OJgRCOZ.jpg

Woah, what's going on with Pikachu here? :p

well we finally got sugimori art for Zygarde forms now

also Power Construct looks like it will be the way that 10% and 50% change into Complete Forme

Hmm, still no Z-2 in sight. I really hope the Kalos Zygarde we meet in XY ends up being the blue core. It would be an interesting way to accommodate the fact that there are two cores, and a nice bonus for transferring it from Gen 6.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well it says it leaves the trainer during the night then comes back fully evolved, so yeah it screams werewolf or wolf.

Top Bottom