• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon Details Revealed!

-GJ-

3ZwR4jc.jpg

New legendary? 🤔

I'm waiting for when they truly hit us with new exciting stuff.

Right now we have two recolored cover legendaries and a recolor of Rockruff. I'm sure we'll see more later. Right now it looks so creatively bankrupt.

brinstar

I want to know if they're going to add a better battle facility postgame, but that probably won't be til closer to release

Geg

Okay honestly she was the only fun E4 fight because she wasnt a rehashed character

God SMs e4 was awful

Please have SOMETHONG worth buying for

No way, the E4 was great this time around because they were established characters. I was disappointed when I got to the fourth trainer to find she was some random person I didn't know.

Forkball

More info on the main website.

New Z-Moves!

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the main character wears a Z-Ring in order to use Z-Moves. In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the main character will put on a Z-Power Ring, which can use even more varieties of Z-Moves than the Z-Ring! And the games also feature new Z-Moves for certain Pokémon!

Ominous dark clouds are spreading in the sky above the Alola region, the setting of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. New buildings and landscapes appear that were not previously seen in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

p02_01.jpg

Necrozma's New Tale

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, a story unfolds on a grand scale, with the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma at its center. Secrets about Necrozma and the Alola region—undisclosed in the previous games—will come to light.

p03_01.jpg

New Look for a New Adventure

The look of the main characters’ outfits has changed from the first trip through the Alola region—just in time for them to begin a new adventure! Choose the Pokémon that will become your partner, and set out on a journey through the world of Alola!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You're going to have creepy smiles in every situation and like it.
Lillie: Mom, stop bringing about the end of the world by summoning the Elder Things!
Player: ☺
Oh come on, I know you loved having that goofy expression even when bad things happened.

I'll be honest though, the player's stiff face doesn't bother me.

This bothers me.

KeFxpgB.jpg

Because all of Lillie's emotional stuff has this singular face. She's making this speech about Pokemon lives to her mom which is supposed to be dramatic, but then she pulls this really crappy pouty face.

loving the female look

Orb

No way, the E4 was great this time around because they were established characters. I was disappointed when I got to the fourth trainer to find she was some random person I didn't know.
Considering none of the e4 characters were all that great, eh.

I think the best way to do it is have each e4 member show up for a story beat to introduce a characterize them, but not battle them, then you fight them as an e4 as a surprise twist.

Just refighting what is essentially jobber gym leaders is boring

that would be a bit odd since the trail captains were supposed to be kids right?

Only trial captains, kahunas can be older.

So maybe best girl Olivia has been replaced in this game?

Or maybe Kahili just gives you the z-crystal instead of you randomly finding it in a dungeon like in S/M.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I still can't find justification for why this extra story couldn't have been DLC. Maybe it's just me? I still don't see the hook for this game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
this post is hilarious considering one of the E4 is someone you literally just met and admits it was a rushed call

I still can't find justification for why this extra story couldn't have been DLC. Maybe it's just me? I still don't see the hook for this game.

It's not even an extra story, it's just the same story retold with minor differences a la Emerald/Platinum.

And the answer is "because they can charge more if it's a new game".

13ruce

Banned
Battle Tree's still there.

:(

Ugh you got to be kidding me why not just bring back the battle frontier or facilities from Platium or the Black and White games.

If they do the same fuckery on Pokemon Switch.... Insane mehness and disappointment inbound.

MegaMelon

this post is hilarious considering one of the E4 is someone you literally just met and admits it was a rushed call

Well sure but 3 of them are characters you actually interact with before that point whereas in the past all 4 would be literally whos. The point still stands.

Battle Tree's still there.

:(

I'd kill for them to make the Battle Tree (and any future Battle Tower clones) to work like Mt. Battle from Colosseum. In that game, it was equal parts facility and grinding area because you didn't scale to level 50. Considering that lack of a post-game grinding area was S/M's biggest flaw, that would be a welcome addition.

It did have its funny charm though. All of the bad guys are like we're going stomp you and take over the world and you're just like

"You wot m8t?"
Yep. It was the face of a person who was just happy to be involved, even when it meant going to a different dimension.

asagami_

Banned
So is there anything actually new here besides the dark void over the 4th island?

Because from the looks of it, same areas and landscape which is extremely disappointing.

I don't remember the small island below the fourth main island. So that's new?

Damn, I wish see the video but I'm at work. So it's confirmed there will be gyms?

Hope the game goes full Megaten and see crazy things. I love the direction from the new games.

This can't be worse than Platinum, this can't be worse than Platinum.

What's worse is that XY doesn't get the polishing that USUM gives SM.

It looks like the same protagonists so I doubt this is like BW2 anymore.

Top Bottom