• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon Details Revealed!

SuperOrez

It really is pissing me off if I should buy sun or moon before ultra. If it's a different story but same people I wouldn't mind playing both. But if it's a upgrade with very little changes I will know to wait.

If your playing for the story and new pokemans then just wait but if you're into the competitive scene then getting started sooner rather than later is probably best.

Aleh

Shouldn't that be telling you something then if 3 months to release this is all the real news we've gotten? It won't have a new story, won't have a big battle facility, so far we've gotten 3 new formes thst have been extremely derivative to say the least.

I mean I'm still going to buy it but I don't see why you have such a problem with people expecting some more effort from GF. I had hoped that GFs progress with gens 4 and 5 would continue but then starting with XY they've slowed down, picked up a little with SM then went even slower with USUM

You know what we knew of Platinum 3 months before release? New Shaymin and Giratina forms, Distortion world existance and a few vague mentions of new characters. But nice try.

barber

Oh of course, all that news before like the new legendary and Lycanroc forms wasn't "real news".

So what's super exciting about this trailer now that we finally have "real news"?

Oh sorry, I guess the "real news" still hasn't actually started yet.
I mean the Lycanroc reveal was "today" (as in they do not consider the magazine information to have gone internation, and can be seen with the "new" lycanroc in the video). The legendaries were basically a "hey new pokemon out november byebye!" in the video, nothing really big. As joe said in previous pokemon topics, the problem with the game is that they revealed it sooner than they usually do, so it looks weird when they begin their pr campaign so much later (2 months or so before launch).

Orb

This can't be worse than Platinum, this can't be worse than Platinum.

What's worse is that XY doesn't get the polishing that USUM gives SM.

It looks like the same protagonists so I doubt this is like BW2 anymore.
Platinum is the best third version so youre seyting the bar really high

Aleh

Funny cause 3 months before the Japanese release (June 2008 corocoro) we had the confirmation of a brand new Battle Frontier for Platinum which is...far more significant than anything we've seen so far.

That was in July. 2 Months before release.

MegaMelon

You know what we knew of Platinum 3 months before release? New Shaymin and Giratina forms, Distortion world existance and a few vague mentions of new characters. But nice try.

I'll concede Corocoro mixed me up with the July issue but the point stands. Platinum was revealed in May and released in September, 4 month pre release period. USUM was revealed in June with a November release, 5 month pre release period. We are approaching the halfway point and all we know is...this?

Plus you haven't commented on the fact that GF in interviews hasn't spoken in any positive way about Frontier type facilities for a long time now.

"Sun and Moon sucked! They were thin on content and had a bunch of problems, I wish they went back to Platinum and Black and White 2 quality!"

GameFreak gives Sun and Moon the third version treatment

"Ultra Sun and Moon are a shallow cash grab! This should be a DLC, GameFreak is out of ideas!"

smh
This is some real pathetic damage control

Aleh

Oh of course, all that news before like the new legendary and Lycanroc forms wasn't "real news".

So what's super exciting about this trailer now that we finally have "real news"?

Oh sorry, I guess the "real news" still hasn't actually started yet.
BW2 was revealed only showing the artwork of the two new Kyurem forms, they then didn't reveal anything else till months later. Platinum was revealed with Giratina's new form and 2 screenshots on corocoro, then nothing for a while and 3 months before release we knew a comparable amount of information. Comparing to UltraSM, which were revealed with a short teaser showcasing cutscenes and the new forms, then nothing for months till we got another new form and now this new trailer, I don't see why everyone is losing their minds.

But also expecting major changes and addition it is not healthy, the best way to go is to temper expectations by a lot, it is better to be surprised than to be disappointed.
I'm not expecting huge changes but I truly don't understand the rampant negativity in these threads, it's really the same approach to third versions they've always had.

Plus you haven't commented on the fact that GF in interviews hasn't spoken in any positive way about Frontier type facilities for a long time now.
That doesn't mean they can't add more content in different ways, like they did in Black and White 2. We saw brief glimpses of new buildings/facilities already, once we know what they are we can judge. I'm just saying most people are jumping to conclusions, that's all.

This is some real pathetic damage control

Yeah because I totally care about doing damage control for a game I'm probably not even going to buy. I'm just stating facts here, but thanks for ignoring all my points.

Yeah because I totally care about doing damage control for a game I'm probably not even going to buy. I'm just stating facts here, but thanks for ignoring all my points.
What a load, no one goes to bat this hard for a game they think they'll skip. And what facts are you spouting there? You pointing out some imagined hypocrisy from posters is pretty much the opposite.

Aleh

What a load, no one goes to bat this hard for a game they think they'll skip. And what facts are you spouting there? You pointing out some imagined hypocrisy from posters is pretty much the opposite.

Imagined? I'm not imagining the way older third versions and sequels have been handled in the past. You can check it by yourself.

And yes, I'm probably not going to get this game since I don't really want to buy new stuff on 3DS and I already have Moon, but it doesn't mean I have to shit on it to make me feel better about my decision.

Imagined? I'm not imagining the way older third versions and sequels have been handled in the past. You can check it by yourself.

And yes, I'm probably not going to get this game since I don't really want to buy new stuff on 3DS and I already have Moon, but it doesn't mean I have to shit on it to make me feel better about my decision.

Hey, don't get me wrong: I love Pokémon. But this? Until they prove otherwise, this looks to be GF's most low-effort entry yet.

Growlie19

Yep, still looks like a tide-me-over until PokéSwitch. That's all I really need, but give me something to get hyped over, please. Solgaleo/Lunala/Lycanroc with new hat is barely worth celebrating.

Not really worthy of a new thread, so I'd point out that Kommo-o is getting an exclusive Z-move. It seems to based from Clanging Scales, and it raises all it's stats after being used along with dealing damage to all opponents

You are definitely

"Sun and Moon sucked! They were thin on content and had a bunch of problems, I wish they went back to Platinum and Black and White 2 quality!"

GameFreak gives Sun and Moon the third version treatment

"Ultra Sun and Moon are a shallow cash grab! This should be a DLC, GameFreak is out of ideas!"

smh

Imagining this

Unless you have a list of posters saying both of these things, you should probably knock it off

No one is shitting on this game to make themselves feel better, theyre shitting on Game Freak's marketing cause it's bad. Are we supposed to be impressed by three new forms and a trailer that says nothing of importance? Like what do you want from everyone? Unbridled optimism? People can be tepid or disappointed by this. No one is "losing their mind" as you put it, no one is having a meltdown.

You keep bringing up past games and going "hey guys, they totally delivered there despite their crappy marketing there" as if that really means anything right now. That doesn't make USUM's marketing not crappy or ensure that they deliver a worthwhile game come release.

They should have made pokemon follow us since crystal Not this lame ass gimmick where they take it out of generations and randomly put it in the 3rd version or w/e.

Aleh

You are definitely

Imagining this

Unless you have a list of posters saying both of these things, you should probably knock it off

Even this thread has people saying Platinum and BW2 were amazing and what have you, and others calling UltraSM a cash grab or DLC.

No one is shitting on this game to make themselves feel better, theyre shitting on Game Freak's marketing cause it's bad. Are we supposed to be impressed by three new forms and a trailer that says nothing of importance? Like what do you want from everyone? Unbridled optimism? People can be tepid or disappointed by this. No one is "losing their mind" as you put it, no one is having a meltdown.
I was talking about me not having to shit on it despite not buying it, since you tried to imply I was lying just to prove my point. Never said that's why people are criticizing the games. Of course people can have their opinion, just as I can have mine and am free to discuss why I feel the issue is getting overblown. What else are we supposed to talk about in this thread when no one is talking about the actual things shown? lol

The exclusive Z moves are some of the lamest 'new' thing they introduced. Seems like a tons of work to make exclusive ones for something you would use for one time each battle.

The exclusive Z moves are some of the lamest 'new' thing they introduced. Seems like a tons of work to make exclusive ones for something you would use for one time each battle.
I mean the new Kommo-o z move is kind of insane. I expect it to singlehandedly rocket kommo-o up in the tier list, and that's before considering any new move tutor moves (since a bunch of those would probably benefit Kommo-o a ton

You guys are finally getting some more info after complaining so much about it in the Lycanroc thread and you're STILL complaining.

Wow.

Caelus

I'd love to have following Pokemon back even if it means not all of them, I feel like this absolutely needs to be in the Switch game though.

Nightbird

Wait, so what happend to the old photo mode?

Don't tell me they removed it. Watching wild Pokemon do their things Was such a great thing...

Ydelnae

New photo-taking mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nt5H6QDvF0

FINALLY a feature worth buying the game for

/s

tenor.gif

At least we finally know who is directing the games.

Azuran

Banned
Can my male character finally wear long pants like a civilized person?

If not I don't care what features they add until they fix that atrocity. But at least it's nice to know they're wasting their time with dumb, useless features like Pokemon walking behind you. Wow, gamebreaking!

Aleh

ZVngWTb.png

I find it kinda of funny that the director/staff is using the first 3DS version and not one of the superior/better ones.

I thought the same at first but the original design is just so cool and futuristic so I can see why he stuck with it lol

Skeeter49

I don't think Pokemon follow you. It looks like there are several scenes of your MC running around without Pokemon following you, and the one example of a Pokemon following the MC looked isolated.

Unless it's a mid game thing that happens.

Top Bottom