• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More projects set in the Child of Light universe incoming?!

Please come to Vita day 1 this time.

Only reason I didn't get CoL on vita was because I had already played it on ps4. I would've much rather played it on vita natively.
i played a bunch through remote play

mcz117chief

Wohoo ! My first PS4 game I played and I totally loved it. I can't wait for more !

SMH at the people who said the writing was bad...seriously ? There were some of the greatest quotes I have seen in my life:

"Aurora, what is love known by?" "When it hurts to say goodbye."

"Aurora, what is home?" "The place where you have truly grown."

05c087713-Oprah-crying-gif-Imgur-UPlN.gif

no rhymes and different combat style? What are you people talking about? Those were like some of my favorite things about the game!

I don't get it either. Those are the focus of the game !

CazTGG

Why do I have the feeling this will be mobile?

I got the same feeling due to the wording: Rather than say "a new Child of Light", it sounds like this will more likely be a spin-off than a sequel... not that the game really left any room for a sequel within the same universe.

Whatever the case, I loved the original and I sincerely hope that we do see more come from this IP. Whatever they come up with, i'm sure it won't be half as bizarre as this:
TornekoTheLastHope.png

Tenebrous

I found it to be pretty forgettable, but it's good to see Ubisoft are sticking to the idea of producing some smaller, more niche games. CoL was absolutely stunning to look at.

Roo

What if Child of Light did a 3D version with a world map and all ala Ni No Kuni? Or is 3D out of their budget?
Also don't know how 3D would work with that artstyle.

No, keep the 2D style.
The combat definitely needs some improvement tho.
I'm excited! I really loved the first game.
Hopefully whatever comes out of these projects has Cœur de Pirate music in them

I'd love to make up a rhyme expressing my delight... but that's a lot of work. Gorgeous game, breathtaking soundtrack - it was such a joyful little palate cleanser of a game. Please, sir, we want some more!

My Igni keychain never worked, and I'm still hella bitter.

wouwie

Great news. Child of Light is a memorable game with a memorable setting and artstyle. However, as a non-RPG player, i'd really really really love to see a dedicated platform game (think Rayman Legends) in the world of Child Of Light, or an adventure game (similar to Valiant Hearts). That would be so amazing.

Ditch the pure poetry stuff for speech and we are good

Can keep it for cinematics or something is you want because it was great at times, other times incredibly forced

Excited for this as long as they sack the guy who wrote the last one.

No more rhymes please. It did not work for CoL. Sure, it added to the whimsyness of the game but it was a chore to read anything seriously. Keep the combat though.

As long as they drop the rhymes then i'm on board.

What the fuck, you four, there was charm in the text.
It didn't suck before, and it surely won't next.

Ge0force

Banned
I'm so excited to read this! Child of Light, Valiant Hearts and Grow Home are excellent games. I'm very happy that Ubisoft keeps making them!

HeelPower

What if Child of Light did a 3D version with a world map and all ala Ni No Kuni? Or is 3D out of their budget?

but I thought the one of the best things about Child of Light was it being 2D.

The art was sublime and it made the game feel so unique.

Child of Light was a very good surprise, I loved it. That said, it had the right length and ended exactly when I was starting to get bored, so I hope this one offers something different.

Exentryk

No, keep the 2D style.
The combat definitely needs some improvement tho.
I'm excited! I really loved the first game.
Hopefully whatever comes out of these projects has Cœur de Pirate music in them

but I thought the one of the best things about Child of Light was it being 2D.

The art was sublime and it made the game feel so unique.

I was just thinking out loud since they said projects (plural). I love the 2D artstyle of CoL, and have no problem with more of the same. In fact, I welcome it :D

My Igni keychain never worked, and I'm still hella bitter.
Mine worked for a good few months, but then I lost the battery cells while returning from a party. I still have it as my keychain, even tho the eyes and face have all faded. :')

Out of their budget. As far as I'm aware the Ubiart engine is a 2D engine, so they'd need to create an entirely new one for a 3D RPG and that'd cost a lot more money than Ubisoft is willing to spend on a small project like Child of Light.

Anyway, eh. I found the first game pretty boring so hopefully a sequel would be a lot more interesting and fun. I'd prefer more Valiant Hearts projects actually, even if its creator has left Ubisoft.

HeelPower

I was just thinking out loud since they said projects (plural). I love the 2D artstyle of CoL, and have no problem with more of the same. In fact, I welcome it :D

On second thought,I think your idea is very interesting.

Adapting the art into a Ni No Kuni inspired world design could be fantastic and even better than 2D :D

Awesome! Hope it has art and sound design just like Child of light or even better but not very different. And also vita version should be there as i really like this game in my Vita.

Mr Hyde

Yes, a sequel! Child of Light was sooo good. The artstyle, the music and the combat was top notch. The only thing I didn't like was the pretentious rhyming.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It was only game I slightly enjoyed from Ubisoft but still bland and boring compare to other JRPGs and the writing really annoyed me.

Vawn

Banned
I didn't realize this was a 2015 bump and saw so many people posting about a Vita version. I still love my Vita, but was going to say, "let it go".

Anyways, I loved Child of Light and am excited to play more on the Vita 2.0 (also known in some circles as the "Nintendo Switch")

Last edited:

NahaNago

I kinda enjoyed child of light and even finished the game so a sequel or a game in that universe sounds nice. I just feel like they could have done a lot more in the game so I really do hope that the game has more of a wow factor in like how did they think to do that when it presents it artwork.

Silvawuff

Enjoyed CoL. Agree that the rhymes/writing was grating and somewhat boring. I hope they keep the artistic style of the original game for whatever project this is.

CatCouch

Nice! I really liked CoL. Seeing that "II" on the paper fills me with joy~

Sweet art style and great music (I like Cœur de pirate) made it memorable for me; plus, I love female leads in games!

Top Bottom