• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS3 box arts

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
B270009Ab.jpg
B270027Ab.jpg

B270028Ab.jpg
B270008Ab.jpg

PS3 strip = CRAPPY

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, I'm not really digging the strip. But I still need to see one in person to be sure.

Safe Bet

Banned
Wario64 said:
PS3 strip = CRAPPY
Might be better if it wasn't going the wrong damn direction...

We read from top to bottom in this part of the world guys...

And for pete's sake please lose the Spider Man font!

Edit: Only one that even looks decent to me is COD3. MUA could look 1000x better considering the source material plus nobody puts Cap in a corner.

Odysseus

Banned
Safe Bet said:
Might be better if it wasn't going the wrong damn direction...

We read from top to bottom in this part of the world guys...

Actually, it looks more appropriate to me the way it is. But maybe that's just me. :/

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i'd have to see the complete boxart on the case to have final judgement.
it could turn out pretty good, or pretty bad.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just as bad/uncreative/lazy as the Wii packaging strip, yet somehow more annoying.

Maybe it's that the Playstation 3 name is so big.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Am I the only one that actually likes the font?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Grizzlyjin said:
Am I the only one that actually likes the font?
your not alone. it actually stuck with me after that photoshop logo thread with different fonts.
it was the only one that really looked "normal"

Odysseus

Banned
aerofx said:
That strip is on the front of the box? Looks like it'd be the spine part.

That's be really great if every single spine said nothing but "PLAYSTATION 3." Especially for people that, you know, actually put the games on a shelf or something.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Tat said:
as long as they dont go with the horrible blu-ray blue cases it's should look alright
I am hoping for clear black blu-ray cases.
that would actually be pretty fitting seeing the Final ps3 is actualy translucent.

jiggle

Tat said:
as long as they dont go with the horrible blu-ray blue cases it should look alright

Those neon blue cases are atrocious. You know Sony is gonna make SCE use it too -.-;

its a ****in strip and you guys are whining about creativity? ITS EVEN MORE MEANINGLESS THAN COVERART!! new low, gaming age. I salute you.

Wollan

A black blu-ray case is ok but the blue ones blow.
I doubt it will be blue though as the PS3 theme color is red and HD-DVD is red, my guess is black.

Safe Bet

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's not going anywhere so I don't know why this is always brought up everytime a pic with that font on it is posted.
Because it's a big freaking deal that threatens to damage the brand name.

Honestly, it really is that bad.

There's way too much at stake to be stubborn. Almost everyone hates that font. They need to change it.

Safe Bet said:
Because it's a big freaking deal that threatens to damage the brand name.

:lol :lol Damage the brand over a freakin font? As long as people can read what it says most people don't care what a font looks like.

Andy787

Banned
I actually think it'll look good, when it is actually placed in a Blu-Ray case. That is, provided they don't stick with that same tacky ass blue that they use for films. Dark blue or black Blu-Ray cases for PS3 games would be great.

You have to see them in person at a store to appreciate the size difference.

Odysseus

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
:lol :lol Damage the brand over a freakin font? As long as people can read what it says most people don't care what a font looks like.

Well, it could have been Comic Sans MS.

aerofx

Odysseus said:
That's be really great if every single spine said nothing but "PLAYSTATION 3." Especially for people that, you know, actually put the games on a shelf or something.

:lol I didn't even think about that.. boy it's late. Anyway, it looks better than the fat PS2 bars on top.

AniHawk

SolidSnakex said:

It's pretty much a fact that the font for Nuon is what killed the system.

Kangu

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
its a ****in strip and you guys are whining about creativity? ITS EVEN MORE MEANINGLESS THAN COVERART!! new low, gaming age. I salute you.

you clearly don't spend nearly enough time on the gaming board, actually i'd say gaffers are looking quite civilized here.

bud

i don't think it's bad but does that mean that it'll get to strips?

one on the front and one on the side?

Odysseus

Banned
I actually don't see what's so wrong with the font (or the box arts in general), but then again I've never seen the Spiderman movies.

Safe Bet said:
That remark does nothing but show your complete ignorance to the concepts of Marketing.

Oh you might be right. I'm sure we'll be see many news stories pop up in the next few months indicating that the PS brandname was hurt by a font. I'm looking forward to the on street interviews.

White Man

Doesn't look bad, but the Spider-man font has to go, asap. Why are they using it to begin with? I'll gladly design a more fitting typeface for them. So would anyone with a modicrum of talent when it comes to such matters.

Safe Bet

Banned
I'm not a big fan of Justin Timberlake so what the hell do I know about what the public likes?

Just putting my opinion down on the record, not here to argue about it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Safe Bet said:
I'm not a big fan of Justin Timberlake so what the hell do I know about what the public likes?

Just putting my opinion down on the record, not here to argue about it.
bla3us22qd9.gif

D-X

I prefer top strips rather than side ones. Funnily enough I never had a problem with side ones before.

230px-007_racing.jpg

boxart.jpg

RBFFspecialjewelfront.jpg

segarally.jpg

The PS3 one just looks wrong somehow, too thin and doesn't seem to stand out enough on boxart like call of duty. Previous side strips were huge but reinforced the brand.

Razoric

Banned
Safe Bet said:
That remark does nothing but show your complete ignorance to the concepts of Marketing.

Maybe you need to take some classes then because there is no proof anywhere that the font will hurt the Playstation brand name. Please look outside of gaf for marketing advice / reactions.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't like the spiderman font, but i like that the logo strip is small and marginal. of course we'll also have that huge ugly blu-ray tab at the top. :x

Top Bottom