• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS5 stock boosts Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon Forbidden West sales | UK Boxed Charts

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Probably will break 100 million copies.

As much as I know the entire game was based around showing off the duelsense 4 and how fast they can drain its battery flat, would not mind paying for a full length adventure. I wonder how many people actually skip it even though the PS5 comes with it, shame if they do.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
To be fair while I still dislike the GT7 buy currency NOW !!! & LOL ONLINE ONLY!!! issue, they have made drastic and sweeping changes in response to the outrage, let me repeat that without all those people bitching (and rightly so) about how shitty the earning system was you would hardly be rewarded in a single player part of the game for playing and would essentially have to "grind" for currency like it was some F2P title. Let me also remind people that using the power of maths before these changes due to the outrage, GT7 had the second worst earnings in franchise history when compared to car prices, only beaten by the online only GT Sport which let you buy cars directly for real money (funny that).

Horizon is... well if you like Ubisoft games your going to like Horizon, I think iv spend a good chunk of time on it, but im just done, dont think il finish it off I have no drive to do anymore copy/paste side missions or try to farm parts for hours so my arrows do 3% more damage, its just all filler blah blah gay sex blah blah congress and its boring
What change they did?
Fixed the Circuit Experience reward? Because nothing was changed in the economy of GT7 until now.

To be fair while I still dislike the GT7 buy currency NOW !!! & LOL ONLINE ONLY!!! issue, they have made drastic and sweeping changes in response to the outrage, let me repeat that without all those people bitching (and rightly so) about how shitty the earning system was you would hardly be rewarded in a single player part of the game for playing and would essentially have to "grind" for currency like it was some F2P title. Let me also remind people that using the power of maths before these changes due to the outrage, GT7 had the second worst earnings in franchise history when compared to car prices, only beaten by the online only GT Sport which let you buy cars directly for real money (funny that).

Horizon is... well if you like Ubisoft games your going to like Horizon, I think iv spend a good chunk of time on it, but im just done, dont think il finish it off I have no drive to do anymore copy/paste side missions or try to farm parts for hours so my arrows do 3% more damage, its just all filler blah blah gay sex blah blah congress and its boring
let's just say...i hope Sony doesn't start to have a lot of stock for PS5...for your sake.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What change they did?
Fixed the Circuit Experience reward? Because nothing was changed in the economy of GT7 until now.

So they also increased the latter world circuit rewards by doubling them, essentially I feel it puts the experience on par with earlier titles, especially due to the Circuit Experience rewards as your leveling. Alongside the promise of the ability to sell duplicate cars or just unwanted cars to the second hand dealer in the near future it no longer feels unfair on the journey to endgame.

Sure there might need to be further adjustments for people who stick around for the endgame and want to collect literally every car, your still going to need to grind to get those (at least its now half what it was prior). However as far as the leveling and early endgame it feels really pretty good now, which lets be honest is what most people are going to experience.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

This is the thing, in the UK every PS5 is literally bundled with GT7 and Horizon so you have no choice to pick up these games if you want a PS5. but lets be honest, Its the best move from Sony to ensure consistent sales across the board and reduce scalping.

"yes you will get stock if you purchase a copy of GT7 + Horizon and the console must be sold with it to try" Fair play I say

Kinda like Mario Kart 8 Im guessing. I had a choice of Mario Kart 8 or nothing for the same price lol

ethomaz

Banned
So they also increased the latter world circuit rewards by doubling them, essentially I feel it puts the experience on par with earlier titles, especially due to the Circuit Experience rewards as your leveling. Alongside the promise or adding the ability to sell duplicate cars or just unwanted cars to the second hand dealer, in the near future it no longer feels unfair on the journey to endgame. Sure there might need to be further adjustments for people who stick around for the endgame and want to collect literally every car, your still going to need to grind to get those (at least its now half what it was prior). However as far as the leveling and early endgame it feels really pretty good now, which lets be honest is what most people are going to experience.
Do you mean that?

- The in-game Credits Rewards for the latter half of the World Circuits events have been increased;

Well from the 5 races the first 3 was giving more credits than the last two that makes no sense.

Circuit Experience was a bug… you have 4-5 steps to complete it and each one gives it own reward as race but when you complete all the steps you should win an addiction reward for completation.

That is how it worked in all GT games plus all others events with multiple steps in GT7 where doing that (even License tests do addictions reward to finish all of them outside the step reward that is based in difficult/time you race).

PD still didn’t do any change in the economy unless you consider changing specific events reward a change in the economy.

BTW they didn’t promised they will change the economy but anything can happen… who knows.

The lack of option to sell cars is really weird because it is present in all previous GT games… it should be there since day one… good they are adding it late than never.

Unknown?

Sounds like you've never played GT7. Even during the first change to prizes the ability to buy cars on PSN didn't effect the in game currency.

ethomaz

Banned
This is the thing, in the UK every PS5 is literally bundled with GT7 and Horizon so you have no choice to pick up these games if you want a PS5. but lets be honest, Its the best move from Sony to ensure consistent sales across the board and reduce scalping.

"yes you will get stock if you purchase a copy of GT7 + Horizon and the console must be sold with it to try" Fair play I say
I just checked Amazon UK and the product that entered the movers and shakers doesn’t have any game bundled.

Of course now you have only 3rd-party resellers seeking at at high prices there.

SLB1904

Banned
Sounds like you've never played GT7. Even during the first change to prizes the ability to buy cars on PSN didn't effect the in game currency.
Even with those changes I haven't grind yet. Just doing circuit experience will give you 1.3mil cr for each track. Unless you want to buy north of 10mil cr cars yeah you fucked.

great to see Horizon up there in sales, it’s a truly amazing game. I’m playing Elden Ring back to back from platinuming Horizon and these 2 are by far some of the best open world games ever.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This was a comment about GT Sport with buying cars... you cant buy cars on GT7 only currency which is obviously used to buy cars, but because the MTX is directly tied to the in game economy compared to GT Sport which is indirectly tied its a little different essentially you hit endgame and became broke suddenly, this was offset slightly if you bought the deluxe edition because of the free 1 million credits. Making that buy credits for money MTX more appealing is why people had such a backlash to the decrease announcement, and the at the time low free credits cap, just above the maximum price of a car.

as for not playing it...

GWZg00R.jpg

I have posted this picture before (in the original earnings decrease thread) but I think it gets the point across.

there seems to be some big conspiracy nuts about not owning/playing games recently as a defence against any and all criticism to peoples favourite console exclusive, can you please just fuck off with this please, its getting annoying.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Ah, the Wii Sports effect â„¢

Wohc

Banned
Funny thing they already know how to hide their post history. Not suspect at all
LMAO, yeah that was super hidden and complicated. I had everything set free 4 all until the first fanatic tried to start some Sherlock Holmes shitshow. Want to know a secret? Just click that top right magnifying glass and enter my name to check my posts. I know it's mind blowing!

DJ12

there seems to be some big conspiracy nuts about not owning/playing games recently as a defence against any and all criticism to peoples favourite console exclusive, can you please just fuck off with this please, its getting annoying.
Not as annoying as your drama filled hot takes to be fair.
Ah the xbox fan fallacy in effect. One person says something factually incorrect then in come the others to rubber stamp it, like clock work.

Sure no one wants to buy horizon and gt7, they are being forced too....

SLB1904

Banned
I just checked Amazon UK and the product that entered the movers and shakers doesn’t have any game bundled.

Of course now you have only 3rd-party resellers seeking at at high prices there.
I'm 100% that comment was made on a emotional state state. Because his narrative of horizon isn't selling well didn't work out, so he had to rely on lies.

Doesn't matter anyway shit already sold out

Mr Moose

Funny thing they already know how to hide their post history. Not suspect at all
Mouse hover over name, click number under messages.
This was a comment about GT Sport with buying cars... you cant buy cars on GT7 only currency which is obviously used to buy cars, but because the MTX is directly tied to the in game economy compared to GT Sport which is indirectly tied its a little different essentially you hit endgame and became broke suddenly, this was offset slightly if you bought the deluxe edition because of the free 1 million credits. Making that buy credits for money MTX more appealing is why people had such a backlash to the decrease announcement, and the at the time low free credits cap, just above the maximum price of a car.

as for not playing it...

GWZg00R.jpg

I have posted this picture before (in the original earnings decrease thread) but I think it gets the point across.

That's not how you play games :messenger_weary:
Those were official bundles, I think, forced in with the console. That'll only be for Astro.

Markio128

as for not playing it...

GWZg00R.jpg

The only thing in that photo that bothers me is the swamp water in the cup 😂

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Last edited:

adamsapple

Ah the xbox fan fallacy in effect. One person says something factually incorrect then in come the others to rubber stamp it, like clock work.

Sure no one wants to buy horizon and gt7, they are being forced too....

Relax my friend, don't take plastic box sales so seriously. I am also one of those Horizon buyers so I did my part :messenger_grinning_sweat:

adamsapple

I mean... most of a cup of tea is supposed to be water... do people make it with half milk or something?

Well the way I've been taught (and have seem most people around me) make it is with just a little bit of milk so it doesn't turn 'watery' for the lack of a better word.

the consistency should be thicker and the color darker, but I guess that also depends on the brand of tea you're using.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
there seems to be some big conspiracy nuts about not owning/playing games recently as a defence against any and all criticism to peoples favourite console exclusive
In my findings a lot of people who dogpile on games lie about owning them

Idk why they feel the need to do this, I guess it's desperation to get others to believe them

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well the way I've been taught (and have seem most people around me) make it is with just a little bit of milk so it doesn't turn 'watery' for the lack of a better word.

the consistency should be thicker and the color darker, but I guess that also depends on the brand of tea you're using.

maxresdefault.jpg

ahhhhh I think I have got it, I use skimmed milk which is naturally quite watery.

v4-460px-Choose-Between-Full-Fat-and-Low-Fat-Dairy-Step-8.jpg.webp

there we have it folks the mystery of the pondwater tea of the GT7 sales thread has been solved.

SLB1904

Banned

maxresdefault.jpg
Lol what. That's coffee and milk. Not even black tea will look like that

adamsapple

Lol what. That's coffee and milk. Not even black tea will look like that

No that's definitely tea, I use that brand and a few other similar brands, you can brew tea to make it look like coffee as well. Black is .. well that's just straight up black tea.

(Tapal is a very popular Indian/Pakistani tea brand).

SLB1904

Banned
No that's definitely tea, I use that brand and a few other similar brands, you can brew tea to make it look like coffee as well. Black is .. well that's just straight up black tea.

(Tapal is a very popular Indian/Pakistani tea brand).
The more you know.

DJ12

Tell that to the GT7 servers, it was not for lack of trying.
See far too much drama, you cannot help yourself
I will have you know that's Yorkshire Gold, only the finest blend of swamp water.
Probs help if you left the tea bag in for more than two seconds though.

No point buying 'the good stuff' if you don't know ow how to make tea.
oh boo hoo, pot meet kettle...
I missed the part of the post that was drama filled, but I understand the mentality of drama queen's. Thanks for confirming that's all it is. Not that your picture wasn't enough anyway.

adamsapple

You can choose 10 graphics options to flop.

They didn't even start marketing the game until 2 weeks before release.

How could anyone expect it to sell. It's almost like neither Bethesda nor Sony wanted to put in the effort.

reksveks

Amazon UK afaik hasnt sold any ps5 this month, the bundled sku's was from currys and a couple of other gaming retailers.

ethomaz

Banned
Amazon UK afaik hasnt sold any ps5 this month, the bundled sku's was from currys and a couple of other gaming retailers.
I can't check these.
But all retailers received new stocks, no? I mean Amazon.co.uk included.

Edit - Amazon is probably holding for tomorrow.

So if anybody from UK wants a PS5 check it in Amazon.co.uk tomorrow.

"Amazon UK PS5 restock this Wednesday, April 20th, between 08:00 – 09:30 (BST) in the morning"

He was right about Very.

Last edited:
Top Bottom