• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morrowind GOTY and Phillips DVD Drive + DDE

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I purchased the Xbox Morrowind GOTY Edition after checking out the regular edition using the blockbuster summerpass (not actually getting into the game, just taking it for a test drive). I however read that the dreaded DDE error is still there in the GOTY edition!
My PC runs it fine, but I like using the controller over the mouse and keyboard for that type of game :(

Does the DVD drive matter? Would upgrading the DVD drive help?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I heard some people had issues with the infamous Thompson drive (I did not). Also, it was suggested for the original game that you clear the cache by loading 3 different games till the start screen, etc. Maybe that holds true with GOTY, I don't know.

I had to get a new Samsung drive Xbox to play Morrowind GOTY. My launch Thompson drive will not play it without crashing. Hours and hours of play with my Samsung drive and only 1 time it got a DDE.

Top Bottom