• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 - LETS GET HYPED

Release date: 23/04/2019

Platforms:
Microsoft Windows
Playstation 4
XboxONE
Nintendo Switch

Screenshots:

3472540-m2.jpg

3472539-m3.jpg

3472537-m5.jpg

3472535-m7.jpg

3472536-m6.jpg

Italian GameStop Leaks Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition Details:

5scrmax1.jpg

- New game engine, with even more bloody and bloody scenes
- New personalization system, with clothes, accessories and move sets never seen before
- New Fatality as well as a new GoreTech system to make the performances even more brutal
- Very strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards the esports: personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards and an improved matchmaking

Additional Contents
The Premium Edition includes:
- Steelcase
- Kombat Pass: 6 characters & 6 Battlepass
"

https://testyourmight.com/threads/i...rtal-kombat-11-premium-edition-details.67552/

Great thread OP - But note that OT threads cant be made until a day or two before launch. Contact a mod if you want this converted later. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just waiting for Rain playable character announcement. I’ve even asked Santa. Hopefully I’ve been good enough.

Personally I am hoping that we get more Outworld stages, more gloomy and fantasy style. A lot of them in MKX were too much earth stage oriented and were kind of boring: the market, jungle etc.

dirthead

Banned
MK2 still had the best aesthetic. None of these games are getting it right.

It's kind of face palm central over here because we're just watching these companies completely miss the obvious.

It's like, it took id Software over a decade to realize, "gee, DOOM and DOOM II were fucking awesome. Maybe we should use those as a guide."

When are these guys going to realize the same thing about MK2?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What they do: choose a fighter and a variation

What they should do: choose a fighter and be able to switch between their variations mid-fight

And before you say that would break the balance, they can just tie variation changes to another meter or whatever.

Toe-Knee

Can't wait for this. Everytime I read the thread title I have to look again because I automatically read it at Mortal Kombat II

Bardiche

What an odd costume for Shao Kahn, used to his near nakedness. As long as Sindel, NIghtwolf and Kitana appears in this one, then I'm set on getting this.

What an odd costume for Shao Kahn, used to his near nakedness. As long as Sindel, NIghtwolf and Kitana appears in this one, then I'm set on getting this.

This is actually maybe his pre order armor or maybe they are just showing off this customization of character that they will introduce in MK11. If you watch the trailer, at the end of it you see the classic Shao Kahn, amazon style :D

Davernos

- Very strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards the esports: personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards and an improved matchmaking

About fucking time.
And that terrible music... Really?

baphomet

It's very obvious they're going for the Mortal Kombat II aesthetic. The lighting, Scorpions outfit, the time stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if they make the 11 look like II.

Kagey K

Banned
I hate to be that guy..... but OT is usually the official topic made 48 hours before the game releases.

This is months in advance. There’s still the community day thread that should get made in Jan and the char reveal threads after that.

Seems way premature for an OT with the same info already in other threads.

Unless the rules have changed.

I hate to be that guy..... but OT is usually the official topic made 48 hours before the game releases.

This is months in advance. There’s still the community day thread that should get made in Jan and the char reveal threads after that.

Seems way premature for an OT with the same info already in other threads.

Unless the rules have changed.
Hype thread it is.

No one hates to be the hype guy

Kreydo

If they changed their terrible Animation and reverted their art direction to MK9 sexy and goofy style, I'll get it.

But no thanks if it's just another uncanny valley copy/paste Injuste game with a Mortal Kombat Skin.

Last edited:
I...didn't hate the music in the trailer. Also it's done wonders to spread awareness of the game's existence. Everyone has an opinion on the trailer music! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

one thing I think MK always struggles with aside from the orig 3 are kostume designs. they just come across so appealing. seems like they will have a ton of outfits though per character....granted you dont need a ton if the select few are great to begin with.

the armor and fabrics are so garish

Last edited:

J-Roderton

MiguelItUp

I hope they removed the whole stance selection thing from X. That's the only thing that's making me wary about this release. I still enjoyed X, don't get me wrong. But I loved 9 a LOT more! I'm just happy there's more MK coming. :)

I sure hope that song that plays in the background is not the actual game, like anywhere that just doesn't go with klassic Mortal Kombat. The visuals look pretty sweet and I was always an MK first vs. Street Fighter, I'll likely have to pick this up.

Hopefully Konquest mode returns! Also more stages and more story than X. Leading to MK11 to sell like 10 million in 3 months or something. They are at the part of the story now that the other realms that haven't been mentioned in the reboot timeline so far will be involved, so this game should be the biggest MK since Deception.

Hopefully.

Dunno if this has been posted before but I’m getting in the MK mood. Gonna play through every game in the series (even sub zero mythology) with a few friends this weekend.

Last edited:

Mr Branding

I hope they removed the whole stance selection thing from X. That's the only thing that's making me wary about this release. I still enjoyed X, don't get me wrong. But I loved 9 a LOT more! I'm just happy there's more MK coming. :)

You can now select what specials you use so kind of like a custom variation thing.

MiguelItUp

You can now select what specials you use so kind of like a custom variation thing.
I suppose I can get down with that, but it all depends on the delivery. A part of me still kind of wishes they were all just there, you know, like a standard fighting game approach, haha.

Mr Branding

I suppose I can get down with that, but it all depends on the delivery. A part of me still kind of wishes they were all just there, you know, like a standard fighting game approach, haha.

Me to, bruv. I am currently replaying MK XL to get "in the mood" but to be honest, there's something about the previous game that's better. Maybe it's because it has a better cast, more colour, streamlined movelist, much more arenas, but it's just better. Come to think of it, MKX surpasses it only in regards to graphics and better animations. Hope they improve on the latter with this new game.

Source for the aforementioned info

Sub_Level

Have you guys already accepted the fact that Pennywise is going to be a DLC guest character.

Because you know thats going to happen.

zeorhymer

Are they going to do the RPG thing like they did with Injustice 2? Where you get weapon/armor pieces that you can't use until you play a crazy amount? That was my biggest peeve with the direction they were going in the game.

Sub_Level

Are they going to do the RPG thing like they did with Injustice 2? Where you get weapon/armor pieces that you can't use until you play a crazy amount? That was my biggest peeve with the direction they were going in the game.

Armor is a big part of the trailer so yea probably.

I didn't play Injustice 2 but hopefully its implemented better than what you're describing.

Sub_Level

Was playing some MK9 challenge tower today.

Goddamn, MK9 really has the best singleplayer content of any fighter.

Elenchus

Banned
People complaining about the music can drink a full bottle of bleach. Trailer is hype as fuck. Where do I pre-order?

alife

People complaining about the music can drink a full bottle of bleach. Trailer is hype as fuck. Where do I pre-order?

7vbW2bo.jpg

Whoah, we get it... you like mumble rap and you have a hard time with English. No need to be hostile.

Last edited:

Graven

Th

About fucking time.
And that terrible music... Really?
What do you mean? Their online have been pretty good since MKX.

Top Bottom