• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 - LETS GET HYPED

cireza

Banned
Another ruined MK character design, nice. They made him skinny and that beard and hair...no. He looks like he works in a kebab shop.
Looks like Kano in the first movie.

KanoMKmovie.jpg

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Kano in the first movie somewhat looks better than the new rendition IMO.
The model's face looks like he's like from the Order 1886, IDK their looks changes too much with each MK.

Nickolaidas

I think his neck is a little thin - otherwise it's fine. Although I'd prefer it if he was better dressed - he looks way too barbaric for my tastes. Yeah, he's a cutthroat scallywag blah blah blah but I really liked his attire in MK1 and 3.

Helios

https://www.techintale.com/2019/02/mk-11s-time-travel-story.html
Mortal Kombat 11’s Time Travel Story Will Explore the Franchise’s 26-Year History
Creative Director and series Co-Creator Ed Boon has however, explained her as the “boss of bosses”. Seemingly, Kronika’s fiddling with the Mortal Kombat universe dates back to the series’ start, which will be explored in MK11’s time travel-filled narrative.
In a PlayStation Blog post, Boon described how Kronika’s been “staging all the events since MK1 to MKX.” He explained, teasing what the time travel story means for the up coming events. “We’re taking all the events of MK1, MK2, and MK3, and folding them on top of the current timeline”.

Also, he further added “We have time quakes, characters meeting their former selves… (for instance), young Liu Kang meeting revenant Liu Kang. It’s so cool.”
Kronika gets more involved, due to Raiden’s attempts to banish evil in Earthrealm. As far as Kronika is concerned, the Thunder God’s success could light up an imbalance of good and evil. She takes it upon herself to fix it by any possible means. Among the means includes her tampering with time.

Time won’t solely factor into MK11’s story, either. Geras, the series’ newest fighter and one of Kronika’s minions, has the ability to manipulation time which players can make use of with in gameplay.

I feel like this can go so badly in terms of narration. Also her motives are that she wants a balance between good and evil? How come this is the first time she's acting upon it. MK's story is full of imbalance. Why didn't she intervene when Sindel killed 99% of the Earthrealm's warriors for example?

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
^
Cause it‘s the typical after the fact retcon of hey this character has been there the whole time, which obviously was never planned.

Seems kind weird for them to be backtracking on their story advancement after only one game, especially with what appears to be an MK9-redux plot. Luckily I'm not hung up on MK's story or lore at this point so I'll just enjoy the silly bullshit and timeline variants fighting each other. Well, assuming it's enjoyable anyway. :messenger_kissing_smiling:

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Also her motives are that she wants a balance between good and evil? How come this is the first time she's acting upon it. MK's story is full of imbalance.

I was reading about MK stories today, you'd think she would have showed up when Shao Kahn had conquered all realms, forcing Raiden to alter the timeline himself to restore balance (because apparently, she was on vacation or something while Kahn took over? while also "staging all of the events of the previous games" lol)

Last edited:

Bardiche

Honesty asking - who's 'we'? Are you a developer or someone with inside info on the game? Or are you speaking for us, gamers? Because if you have inside info that Baraka actually DOES something in this game, I will be overjoyed.

I meant we as gamers. I wish I had more info.

Don't really care for Kano, but I'm intrigued that they went with a youthful look for him compared to MKX while Sonya and Cassie look significantly older.

Last edited:

Raynes

ojT9q3U.png

More uglyfied MK characters. This time in Millennial Kombat we have undercut top knot Kabal. What's next? Quan Chi with an afro? Or maybe Shang Tsung with kpop hair.

Last edited:
Everyones yapping about half naked dudes and old ladies... and I'm sitting here and shaking my head about Sub Zero's weird inverted hat with Ninja-headband-flaps.

So silly.
5436-967be747-large.jpg

And look at all those straps and belts... Rob Liefelds video game wet dream! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Game looks awesome, though, and when the PC-version arrives at the end of the year or later, or the Komplete Kollektion or something stupid sounding like that a year after that, I think, I will bite.

hecatomb

Banned
Time travel = desperate clueless writers
MKs biggest problem is killing off characters in the story, cause people want their fav characters to be in the next game. Though cause of plot they are dead, so how do you make them come back? Just re-due the story every time a new MK game comes out, or time travel.

Street fighter doesn't have this problem as much, since they don't really kill each other, but M.Bison. And he just finds a way to move his soul around.

Mr Branding

Some of y'all can't recognize good design even if it hits you in the face.

The designs look great. Kano is ok even tho' I was never a fan of his persona, Kabal looks ace, especially his two new masks. Without the masks he looks "up-to-date" so to speak. What would you have preferred? Heavy metal unkempt hair in this day and age? Lol

Sub-zero's hat looks really cool in my opinion and differentiates him well enough from the other ninjas present in the game.

D'vorah looks more menacing than her "too human" MKX look. Can't wait to see her ruthlessness in action.

I guess it must really suck to dislike/hate everything shown on the internet nowadays.

Well im curious about Kabals non mask design as I know MK11 has something to do with time so maybe we arent getting a full reveal yet but theres a reason why he wears a mask and its not to hide his 2014 outdated man-bun.

Raynes

Some don't seem to get how when you make characters look like actual real life people, whaddya know they lose their otherworldliness and become much less menacing. None of these new designs look like they fit the lore.

Last edited:
You wanted a covered up Kano? You got it! :messenger_tears_of_joy: Personally I never liked what they did with him since MKX by giving him this cybernetic heart like Iron Man. As you can see in MK3 it was just a more advance strap, nothing to do with body modification.
mortal-kombat-11-kano-announcement-brazil-skin.jpg

MK3 Kano is still my favourite design:

latest

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

ojT9q3U.png

More uglyfied MK characters. This time in Millennial Kombat we have undercut top knot Kabal. What's next? Quan Chi with an afro? Or maybe Shang Tsung with kpop hair.
#notmykabal Jesus christ stop adding faces to characters that didn't have one in the first place. Subzero and Scorpion are faceless ninjas, it has always been the mythology of those characters. Now they're a bunch of chodes with facial hair and manbuns wtf.

Last edited:
#notmykabal Jesus christ stop adding faces to characters that didn't have one in the first place. Subzero and Scorpion are faceless ninjas, it has always been the mythology of those characters. Now they're a bunch of chodes with facial hair and manbuns wtf.
(Younger SubZero)Sub Zero had a face in Mortal Kombat 3 and Deadly Alliance. Same one in MKX and MK11. Except he was more Caucasian back then. And Kabal had a face in Shaolin Monks. This was before he wore the mask and had burned skin because Shaolin Monks takes place during MK 2 and before MK 3 which Kabal makes his first appearance.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

Love the desing, in fact i love the fact that they introduced asian ninjas actually.....not calvin klein models (im looking at you unmasked mk3 sub-zero)

(Younger SubZero)Sub Zero had a face in Mortal Kombat 3 and Deadly Alliance. Same one in MKX and MK11. Except he was more Caucasian back then. And Kabal had a face in Shaolin Monks. This was before he wore the mask and had burned skin because Shaolin Monks takes place during MK 2 and before MK 3 which Kabal makes his first appearance.

Not just that, they also revealed Kabal's face in MK9's story mode, where he's shown in his per-disfigured state as Stryker's partner. Then Kintaro sets him on fire. =S Also Scorpion is shown unmasked in his ending all the way back in the very first MK.

The point about masks is spot-on. It always feels off to see sub-zero or scorpion without their iconic masks. What were they thinking? Same thing with skarlet. With mask and this hairstyle (yeah, I got a thing for short hair, see av) she looks sexy af imo :
reztzq5c62b21.jpg

And then they decided to show her off without it and bam magic disappears lmao.

lock2k

Banned
Not just that, they also revealed Kabal's face in MK9's story mode, where he's shown in his per-disfigured state as Stryker's partner. Then Kintaro sets him on fire. =S Also Scorpion is shown unmasked in his ending all the way back in the very first MK.

And Sub is shown unmasked in the end of MK2, then in MK3.

Although he probably did a surgery to change his ethnicity. lol

Shin

Banned
Potential leaked characters through Steam DB: https://www.dualshockers.com/mortal-kombat-11-characters-leak-steam-achievements/
Over on the Steam Database, a website that logs a variety of different information all related to Valve’s Steam, some have noticed that the achievements for Mortal Kombat 11 have appeared in an early form. While still not named properly, the achievements seem to signify not only what you need to do to unlock them, but also interestingly include some potential fighter names that could be appearing in the game.

Some of these additions are likely very obvious. “CAS” is probably Cassie Cage, “ERR” is most likely Erron Black, “JAD” could be Jade, “LIU” would most obviously be Liu Kang, and “KUN” could be either Kung Lao or Kung Jin, although the former is more likely. Additionally, “FRO” is perhaps Frost, “JAC” is likely Jacqui Briggs, and “KOT” could maybe be Kotal Kahn. The others I didn’t mention though in “CET”, “KOL”, and “TER”, are more unknown quantities at the moment. There’s a chance these three could be new characters to the series altogether, but it’s hard to know right now.
  • CAS
  • CET
  • ERR
  • FRO
  • JAC
  • JAD
  • KOL
  • KOT
  • KUN
  • LIU
  • TER

Hostile_18

Banned
Not a fan of the Kombat Kids seems more like a soap opera lol. A genuine Tornament storyline would be better than what we got in MK X.

Still looking forward to this and the character designs so far have been great.

ksdixon

I have to say I'm quite put off by a lot of the character visuals in mk11. D'avorah now looks more cyborg than big-like. Kano looks too skinny, and his facial hair and hair don't look like kano either, it seems to bushy. Cassie and Kano's voice actors are inferior to their previous versions. Cassie now literally looks too close to young Sonya, her old hair on mkx had more style. Frost no longer looks like Frost at all. MAN... I hope the customisation feature allows a fair amount of customisation to "correct" some of these.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
- Very strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards the esports: personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards and an improved matchmaking

About fucking time.
And that terrible music... Really?
Mumble rap is the shit

Nickolaidas

I wonder if the customization will have an option of playing victory poses and entrance poses at random, and not ALWAYS a specific one until you decide to change it.

Yeah, nitpicking, I know.

Top Bottom