• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 - LETS GET HYPED

Hostile_18

Banned
So the official MK website put up the character page early last night for 20 minutes. It's down now but;

29 base roster (4 unlockable, 1 Pre-order).

With the Kombat pack 1 that will bring the roster to 35. Kombat pack 2 and were potentially looking at 41 fighters.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
So the official MK website put up the character page early last night for 20 minutes. It's down now but;

With the Kombat pack 1 that will bring the roster to 35. Kombat pack 2 and were potentially looking at 41 fighters.
Many folks are debating this (i.e. why were the last squares getting darker and darker) but I want to believe.

The base roster is solid. I got Noob and Baraka.

Now all I need is Havik.

Hostile_18

Banned
Many folks are debating this (i.e. why were the last squares getting darker and darker) but I want to believe.

The base roster is solid. I got Noob and Baraka.

Now all I need is Havik.

It is a little strange but what else could they represent? While not a certainty, I think it's pretty likely :)

Looks more and more like the leak with Mileena, Tsang Tsung, and Shinnock as story unlockables is legit (said leak also had everything that was previously leaked right as well).

Shin

Banned

Yeah... I think people stopped giving a shit incl. me, seeing the last few responses being a video but no replies.
This game is ruined IMO because they went overboard with how character looks that it's just not even interesting to watch...IMO.
Noob Saibot / Boon looks better than the other characters also, reminds me of DMC by Ninja Theory.

Noob fatality was cool. His Dr. Claw voice is hilarious though.

Cary Tagawa being used for Shang is cool but I hope a variation allows for the young version. ;)

Nickolaidas

Banned
Yeah... I think people stopped giving a shit incl. me, seeing the last few responses being a video but no replies.
This game is ruined IMO because they went overboard with how character looks that it's just not even interesting to watch...IMO.
Noob Saibot / Boon looks better than the other characters also, reminds me of DMC by Ninja Theory.

I am more hyped than ever - but yeah, for some reason GAF stopped showing interest for the game. I go to testyourmight to hear what the MK fandom thinks.

Shin

Banned
YO THEY GOT THE MOVIE VOICE ACTOR FOR SHANG TSUNG HOLY FUCK ALMIGHTY
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0846480/

latest

Last edited:

PsyEd

Must not hit pre-order....FFS done already. Shang Tsung was the SOLE reason I just bought this game....always wanted to play as that version of ST...now I will!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Aesthetic reveal: Super hype.

First gameplay conference: Actually pretty boring, even less hype than the underwhelming SF5. Made me think I wasn't going to get the game.

After subsequent showings of more content and beta livestreams: Actually looks pretty hype again and stuff I've seen on Twitch is good. Developing more of a proper MK feeling rather than some weird Mad Max style. Looking at the character count (WTF why are they holding back so much?) it seems like the end result will be good. My only critique is that the sound design is way too orchestral and sound effects too samey (was also an issue with Injustice). I'd like more of the unique MK style and variety.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

100x cooler than Cetrion. Seems like he really belongs in the MK universe.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I think that fatality perfectly encapsulates the current mindset behind MK11's designs. It is better to remove skin entirely than to show it on female characters.

Interested to see what they have in store for the "unique" DLC characters this go around. Will probably wait to get the Ultimate Edition in 7-12 months used.

Tesseract

Banned
the budget for this game is absolutely absurd

happy for boon, dude killed it with 9 and has been riding that wave since

Skyr

Even tho I'm not a big fighting game guy (because I fucking suck at it) I'm really looking forward to play through the story mode.
Hope it will be as excellent as in the recent titles.

wtf BALD, why

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other characters on the leaked select screen like Kabal, Jade, Sub Zero and Erron Black were missing their masks (which are customization items), while their portraits in the final game feature them. So if her hair is a customization item it may just be off and not necessarily bald by default. Though she appears to be teamed with Kronika and Geras, who are baldies, so...

edit: Source image

Last edited:

pimentel1

Banned
For the first time ever, EVER, I might just plunk down $100 for a game. Mortal Kombat Deluxe with Shang Tsung from the movie! That’s how you promote DLC characters, Nintendo! They just took your Joker and made him into... a joke.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm not sure which to buy on Switch... The Premium Edition or the regular. I can afford both but ... Is it worth it to get the Premium Edition?

Top Bottom