• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

Cruzader

Banned
Gravijah said:
Haha Frost. I dunno why but that made me laugh.
Yea I think it's Smoke which I thought was the guy left of the Smoke. How the fuck is noob saibot that? The fuck? That should be smoke.

I hope Frost is in this game. She was cool, at least better than
Robo-Sonic-sub zero abomination

Speevy

Banned
When I was 11 and first played Mortal Kombat 2, my best friend gave me a magazine with all the characters and their moves.

I never once considered that he had in fact RUINED THE GAME for me.

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Cruzader said:
I think it's Frost but I may be wrong.

Anyhow the character art is horrible.(character select screen) I'm hyped for the game and demo was cool but man those artworks are dumb looking.
Apparently there's a slice of the image that's bigger. He definitely looks manly, unless Frost has had some very hard years since Deadly Alliance.

ffffftn7zax.png

482944-noob_saibot_smonozr.jpg

bio_frostdxvs.jpg

KevinCow

Banned
Barkley's Justice said:
and honestly, boon & co: would it hurt to edit yourselves a bit? how many fucking ninjas do we need. subzero, scorpion. you're good. know what i mean? 2 ninjas is enough.

I disagree.

Not enough ninjas.

Needs more Rain and Chameleon.

Make some new ones while they're at it.

How about Earth and Wind ninjas to go with the Fire and Ice ones we already have.

And a Light ninja to counter Noob Saibot's Shadow ninja thing.

Just remove all the characters who are not ninjas or cyborgs and replace them with new ninjas and cyborgs.

MisterHero

Speevy said:
When I was 11 and first played Mortal Kombat 2, my best friend gave me a magazine with all the characters and their moves.

I never once considered that he had in fact RUINED THE GAME for me.

OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
MK has a relatively strong sense of story, don't mock it because Capcom and others used to and sometimes still makes nonsense and outright contradictory stories

I think MvC3 has a decent attempt at a story does it not?

As a long-time MK fan, had I not already been aware of the MK's longing to make their character "more interesting", I would be PISSED if I found out
Liu Kang may be more arrogant and possibly evil by the end of the game

almost like
Zombie Liu Kang

MisterHero

Slamtastic said:
I don't know if they finished the comic that was supposed to accompany the game so I don't actually know

The point is that they try to make the characters interact someone logically even if the characters include a divine fox or a giant heat with a rocket butt

PS Even the earlier VS. games had character storylines (Akuma and Wolverine, for example)

Gravijah

scoobs said:
Ok so
cyber sub zero
is in but whats that other cyborg in the bottom left?

Just him again. He's a hidden character, which means you pick him through the spots on each side.

I'm very excited about this game. This has been a great year for fighters.
Thank you Street Fighter 4 for reviving the genre, long live 2D fighters. :D

MisterHero said:
I don't know if they finished the comic that was supposed to accompany the game so I don't actually know
They did.

It's like 10 pages long and tells as much story as an NES manual.

By comparison MK9 has in game cutscenes. Hours thereof.

scoobs said:
Ok so
cyber sub zero
is in but whats that other cyborg in the bottom left?
cyber sub zero

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I like to use spoiler tags to
talk about characters that are in an image embedded directly in the OP in a spoiler thread

MisterHero

Slamtastic said:
They did.

It's like 10 pages long and tells as much story as an NES manual.

By comparison MK9 has in game cutscenes. Hours thereof.

cyber sub zero
Yeah that sounds cheap enough, but I edited my post in case.

Another arc I remembered from VS. is Guile looking for Charlie, who became Shadow

they didn't put a lot of work into it but they did have at least a background for those games

bumpkin

I don't know how I feel about "pompadour" Smoke, but at least Subby no longer looks like the Shredder (from TMNT). What I'd like to know is why Noob looks like the villain from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Speevy

Banned
_dementia said:
If he speaks like Christopher Walken, instant main.

This GUY, he says FINISH HIM...and I'm like WOW whatisit I'm supposed to DO? I'll tell you WHAT. I'll turn intoa FISH. That'll scare em'.

onken

So who's 2,2 then?

_dementia said:
I know, WTF. They should be looking at each other like the Brady Bunch intro. Preorder Kanceled.

Laughed way too hard at this..

Nirolak said:
Johnny Cage's face kind of reminds me of Duke Nukem.

When I see him in action all I can think of is Wesker.

fernoca

Frankfurt said:
Are you guys reading the leaker's twitter? He says the 360 character is a WB character:

http://twitter.com/#!/MKUtweets

Also:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/videos/mortal-kombat-xbox-360-exclusive-character-details/
Well, the GiantBomb info was posted last week and I think it was agreed that it was taken out of context. Boon said something around the lines of "extra content", and a few sites reported it as "extra character". Granted the original rumor said it was a character and that was posted by an user from this forum before spreading outside; so who knows.

And WB doesn't own the characters from SuckerPunch, much less Voldemort from Harry Potter; neither the tweets say about being a 360 character.

Top Bottom