• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Kollection Online rated for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in Europe

Bullet Club

Mortal Kombat Kollection Online rated for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in Europe

Mortal Kombat I, II, and III remasters on the way?

B6dOOc0.jpg

The Pan European Game Information board has ratedMortal Kombat Kollection Online” for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Mortal Kombat Kollection Online was a collection including remastered versions o the first three Mortal Kombat games developed by Blind Squirrel Games. As of April 2019, it was reportedly cancelled. The new rating suggests the project may still be in the works.

Here is the full visible extent of the description provided by PEGI:
Mortal Kombat Kollection Online is the original Mortal Kombat trilogy that Mortal Kombat fans always wanted. Upgraded art, gameplay, and online features provide an incredible experience that revive the “klassics”…
And here is a screenshot:

5pO1xjh.jpg

Mortal Kombat publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has yet to officially announce Mortal Kombat Kollection Online.

Source: Gematsu

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wished it was the remastered ones that were cancelled. Not setting myself up for disappointment because we all know they’re just going to be the same collection that was released for PS3 and the 360.
Mortal Kombat Kollection Online is the original Mortal Kombat trilogy that Mortal Kombat fans always wanted. Upgraded art, gameplay, and online features provide an incredible experience that revive the “klassics”…

xrnzaaas

That would be cool, I didn't buy the previous gen (?) kollection so I'd be interested in this one. I was never good at Mortal Kombat (or any fighting game for that matter), but I'd play it again for nostalgia's sake.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
At the very least, I’m hoping it’s AI upscaled art, which should be mandatory for anything old like this now.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
At the very least, I’m hoping it’s aI upscaled art, which should be mandatory for anything old like this now.

They probably have the original footage that the sprites were made from. I wonder if they could redo the sprites at a higher frame rate using those.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ultimate improves three in a big way. They should just include both if you want vanilla. Unless you are talking about Trilogy, which is also awesome, even though it's a fucking broken mess it's a lot of fun to play with friends.

On PS1 Trilogy was terribad. So much loading even by PS1 standards. It even had to load every time Shang Tsung transformed. Jesus Christ.

Nymphae

Banned
That's really cool, I wish I enjoyed the MK mechanics more. I really want Capcom to bring back some of their older games for online play. CvS2 and MvC2 deserve to be on the current gen with online play.

RAIDEN1

On PS1 Trilogy was terribad. So much loading even by PS1 standards. It even had to load every time Shang Tsung transformed. Jesus Christ.
What!? Every time Shang Tsung transformed it had to load? That's crazy, you probably didn't even get that in the Amiga version of MK 1 and 2!

This will look Godly on the Switch because of handheld mode. Those sprites will fit perfectly, not so much on big 60" TV tho unless they do some magic.

Cool though these days none of the classic MK games can hold my interest more than a week at most.

Curious to see how these "upgrades" turn out though.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Mortal Kombat I, II, and III remasters on the way?

B6dOOc0.jpg

The Pan European Game Information board has ratedMortal Kombat Kollection Online” for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Mortal Kombat Kollection Online was a collection including remastered versions o the first three Mortal Kombat games developed by Blind Squirrel Games. As of April 2019, it was reportedly cancelled. The new rating suggests the project may still be in the works.

Here is the full visible extent of the description provided by PEGI:

And here is a screenshot:

5pO1xjh.jpg

Mortal Kombat publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has yet to officially announce Mortal Kombat Kollection Online.

Source: Gematsu

NICE!!

I LIKE TO SEE MK 3 AGAIN IS MY FAVORI.... HOLD ON.... WHY SAY IT IS ONLINE!!!!??

sn0man

Wished it was the remastered ones that were cancelled. Not setting myself up for disappointment because we all know they’re just going to be the same collection that was released for PS3 and the 360.
I wonder if they will give a discount to PC users who already have the horrible GFWL version?

no joke. Definitely pump the brakes on this until it’s reviewed.

Winchester

I need this to be a real thing. Anything after UMK3 has been meh for the most part. None of the later ones have felt like the original trilogy.

...Or MK if I'm being honest.

Had fond memories of playing the original three in the arcade and on consoles. Really want to re-live that.

GV82

Oh I can’t wait for this, I love the Classic MK games.

I was obssessed with the first one, my uncle brought it and his Megadrive round to our house one sunday & we played it for 10 hours solid passing the controller around between myself, my uncle and my dad. I was 11yrs old & this was before I knew special moves were possible, we just played it as a straight fighter mostly standard moves punches & kicks, occasionally one of us would hit a special but never knew how, thats how good of a game I felt it was and what just 7 characters.

I begged my parents for a Megadrive & MK for Christmas that year, I got a Megadrive but without MK, I had to wait for my 12th birthday 5 months later and saved up my pocket money as I had to pay half towards the cost it was like £40 back then I think and it felt like an eternity waiting.

Imagine my suprise when I bought a magazine with all the move lists & finishers & then there was a blood code too, holy shit, I was already hooked with the game when it was plain, now all this information was given to little 11yr old me, it blew my tiny mind and escalted the game through the roof for me.

If it could be released before for my birthday in May this year, that would be special.

lock2k

Banned
Unironically like Deception more than the newest MK reboot. I hope we get that without them updating the "art" and just making it 60fps 1080p. (properly)
Hotaru and Havik alone are cooler than all the newer characters combined. Also, Deception had a cool storyline and it truly felt like MK whereas the new MK games feel more like Injustice. I also think the newer soundtracks are whack as fuck with the cinematic feel that is not memorable. Deception had some bangin tunes by Dan Forden!

Last edited:
Top Bottom